Hardframe Engine Trouble (SOLVED)

Apparently I am not alone in facing this issue so I will post it here for others who may encounter it.
When the A Trace of Metal quest reaches the point of needing you to install the Hardframe on the Mech legs, the engine does not spawn. You are supposed to get it from the purple colored crates dropped by the sentinel mech in wave 4, so not the first mech you encounter in battle. But, instead of an engine, I just keep getting recharges for my shield.
This is what my on-screen prompt displays
20220216141547_1
@DevilinPixy took a look and says it does not exist… :ghost:
It has been reported to HG by a number of people on twitter and by myself. Hope noone else encounters it…

This is the first time I have ever encountered a game progression bug…that says a lot for HG.

2 Likes

YUP so your missing the step lol
need to open the part to inspect the single piece missing

so you build the part with the missing piece first
then pin the missing piece and i believe the log will update

1 Like

There is no part to open…I got a bluprint for the legs and that is all

So you used the blueprint and started the build right?
Then when installing the 3 parts to make the legs you press for more information on the engine part?

that should pin the recipe

than kill the machine…thats all i did…dunno

1 Like

Yep. Installed. Added Pugneum. Pinned the engine. Not finding one.

1 Like

dunno…your screen still shows legs, didn’t see the engine pinned. was hoping that you mistook the legs recipe for the engine component.

1 Like

??? dunno thought I had a separate recipe for just the engine itself.
Maybe could get one given to you by another player if they have a save at the same point and give it to you and then restore their own copy

1 Like

just checkedm open catalog…curiosities,engine should be 3rd on top row…beside walker brain try pinning it from there if it will let you.

had to remote into pc lol

1 Like

So yes. Pinned it. Gave me a different looking objective screen…now looking for sentinels with crossed fingers…well not my trigger fingers :grin:

1 Like

worth a shot lol. goodluck

1 Like

Moved us to this bugs and issues thread
Tried the above…here are the results…
It must have been working because I got this

which I had not gotten before. And when I battled the sentinels this time, I did not have to reload my plasma launcher, something @Polyphemus noticed when working one of these missions.
I did not get the part. Here is what I think the issue is. At the end of the battle, I get a message stating that a Sentinel Nest has been discovered. It is always the same one which is the one where I go to find sentinels. Perhaps I am starting the mission too early…perhaps I should wait for that prompt…
I will try again.
That was progress though. Never got that screen and was having to reload before.

you normally get the nest found or a map.
okay dont go to the sentinel post to fight as you have to go back there during mission. So find a planet with gravito balls or other rarity that pisses them off, grab them it will start at level 3…at 4 a walker should appear.

1 Like

UPDATE PROBLEM SOVLED
I flew back to my settlement. I had picked up some charts to sentinel nests so I used one and it picked the one I had just been to. So I flew back to it. The Sentinel Walker I had just destroyed moments earlier, was laying there with this

Thank you @Dragonsire . I believe choosing this from the catalogue did the trick… :weary: I never want to shoot another sentinel ever again. :laughing:

1 Like

lol awesome just glad you got it

1 Like

And of course the next mission is to get a ‘pristine’ walker brain…I guess the stacks I already have just won’t do

Imo, they need to clean it up properly. This is the crappiest mission line I have seen in this game. As far as bugs that is.

2 Likes

I know mine unfolded very messily but apparently it was not that way for everyone