NMS Sentinels Update Discussion

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1493948283970068487?t=aH2lyDyR0V1fGKxvowSzZw&s=19

I am hearing new music? Yes, when in your settlement.
Each new companion slot is 20,000 nanites

Plasma Launcher

It sounds good!
It feels good!
I like it!

NOTICE
To start the A Trace of Metal quest, warp by ship to the system where you settlement is. If you are already there, warp away and then back again. You should receive a radio comms from your settlement.
There is definitely an issue (for me) when installing the Hardframe Legs. It seems there should be another attack on the settlement but that is not happening and so I cannot get the Hardframe Engine. This might be due to my settlements not being maxed. It could also be a glitch…will update this.

8 Likes

This looks great! Any idea what the ETA is?

Perhaps the Flamethrower will be officially added to the game with its own buffs?

2 Likes

OMG there seems to also be an expedition launching as well
Steam has launched the Sentinek update. Others should be soon

5 Likes

A number of new MT weapons and abilities like

With the added ability to hold more MTs, we can now make a variety of specialized MTs for different situations.
And don’t forget to grab all the dropped containers after and during battle. They can recharge your shields and some contain a new type of glass that can be broken down into usable upgrades and sellable components.
Glass…sentinels…
Battle Scars

5 Likes

Can’t see me :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Blog post:

6 Likes

:star_struck: :exploding_head: :dotted_line_face: :heart_eyes_cat: :robot:

Ooh, exciting! This looks even better than expected. Looking forward to finishing work… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As soon as someone figures out how to launch the new story-driven missions, please post. Does your settlement need to be maxed?
Love the new music in the settlements…
Edit: I think my settlement is experiencing a glitch. Perhaps we should already be under attack, hence the new music and the fact that all of my settlers are running to hide…but no sentinels…

4 Likes

Screenshots added on Steam

9 Likes

I have begun exploring the new lore. Should we start another topic for that? Patch notes say they are extensive…
Hint: Override Code 4R1ADN3

3 Likes

Yeah sure, don’t see why not. Can keep this topic mostly for hype and general discussion for the release.

4 Likes

Hello Games post on LinkedIn

4 Likes

Just loaded up nms and tried to do the new expedition, but it says “completed” and and won’t load a game. Have they not started it yet?

1 Like

Expedition starts next week.

1 Like

Thank you! I couldn’t get the webpage to scroll (firefoox) so I couldn’t read anything about it.

1 Like

Have you tried the SPACEBAR, which should move the web page to next section in pretty much any browser? SHIFT + SPACEBAR to change direction

3 Likes

In case anyone else experiences this:
I could not get the A Trace of Metal quest to activate at my settlement. After exhausting all other normal options, warping to another system finally triggered the quest.

4 Likes

Looking forward to this - in about 3.5 hours after it finishes downloading.

4 Likes

I had no sentinels despite the alert as well… Could you deign to leave my comfy couch and … “flee” someplace else?

Someone left 999 Handfuls of cogs in my office, a mess! And now who put a frigging red triangle in front of my door!! … Oh wait. That’s the sentinels! Attack!

6 Likes
4 Likes