NMS Sentinels Update Discussion

Having trouble with the A Trace of Metal quest again. When installing the Hardframe Legs, I need a Hardframe Engine. The music is playing, settlers are running for cover, but no sentinels…warping away in my ship did not work this time…
Not sure this is supposed to look this it does…but maybe it is? So hard to know. Hacking sentinels is tough work :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
20220216141547_1

3 Likes

Looks like a referenced language file ID which was not found. So either not ready yet, or a bug

4 Likes

Can’t find that ID either, it ends with UI_SENT_MISS4_MSG2D_ALT, … MSG2E … does not exist.
I guess it is supposed to say something along the lines of ‘having a schematic uncovered, telling you to install in Minotaur Exocraft empty slot’.

4 Likes

Guess I need to report that

4 Likes

I was going to call it Robb Ott but it already has a name. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes
5 Likes

I have 2 save files and in both, I had to get in my ship, leave the system and then return to the system where my settlement is. That triggered an emergency message from my settlement and started the A Trace of Metal quest

5 Likes

From what I understood, it also requires a certain amount of progress into the settlement.

2 Likes

Maybe that is why I cannot get the Hardframe Engine. Neither one of my settlements is maxed. I was supposed to be working on that before the next update… :roll_eyes:
Now the haptic feedback on my controller is on and won’t stop…only in NMS…

2 Likes

The combat music has been going on for me no matter what I do or where I go. Initially, when I started NMS up for the first time since this update, I started at my settlement and instantly was being attacked. Not sure if that might have been what triggered the bug. Need to report this one.

Oh, also I havent been able to start the quest. My settlement is quite large but not complete so im not sure if that causes it or not.

3 Likes

Warp in your ship to another system and then back again. You will get a radio comm from your settlement

4 Likes

I will give that a try next time (if I remember it)
Thank you! :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you, that’s a huge help!

1 Like

I do not have an update on PS4. Can anyone else on PS4 confirm, or is it just me?

2 Likes

I saw that on twitter earlier…wasn’t there a PS4 system update recently? Did you get that?

Recent? Nothing update-wise for me this year.

1 Like

Problem: Anomaly, Weapons guy - can only buy one item at a time. Have to re-engage with the NPC each time.

2 Likes

Problem: Tabbing to bring up the Exosuit no longer shows the Exosuit.

1 Like

I read that both PS4 and 5 were to receive an update but I do not remember when. The PS Blog says NMS is out on 4,5 and VR however, twitter users are reporting it is not out for PS4 yet…something must be up.
I have been here since the wee morning hours…5 pm now. Must take a break. Will check in

2 Likes

Problem: Started up PC, Normal save which put me on the Anomaly. Bought out the new weapons stuff from the NPC. Teleported to my settlement in a different part of the galaxy. Looked around. Eliminated the sentinel attach and got three salvaged glass. Teleported to the station. Flew out of the station and saw a freighter that looked like my own. Landed in it and almost instantly died - but not quite. Paused NMS and quit to desktop since there were no new saves all changes were lost. Redid everything except landing in the freighter. Called my freighter to the system. Doppelganger is circled.

5 Likes