Glyph combinations

First glyph is discarded because it refers to the planet number inside your solar system.

7F is between 00 and FF (appears Y dimension is only 2 digits)
7FF is between 000 and FFF (appears X and Z dimensions is 3 digits)
Center of galaxy is consequently 07FF:007F:07FF (in x,y,z axes)

0 is added cause addresses are displayed on 4 digits (only 3 or 2 first have meaning)

2 Likes

Is planet number always the value 1 or does it depend on #planets in system?
So if 00 & FF are bottom to top, 000 & FFF are left to right & front-to-back?
Why does Y have 2 digits yet X, Z have 3 digits?
Again, because last voxel relates to system and systems are a 3 digit number, will the last voxel always start with a 0?

Planet (or portal or moon) number depends on where you are in a solar system. But it doesn’t change your solar system location.
So it could in theory be 0,1,2,… may be up to F if we have 16 planets/moons/portals in a given solar system. 0 seems non working though.

Seems in NMS, known galaxies yet are ovoid and non perfectly spherical (for now). Our Milky Way as a ‘flat’ side too!

You’ll find more details about solar system index in the reddit link few posts before, in ‘coordinates system’.

2 Likes

Well Will, I’ll stop picking your brains and thank you for your explanations thus far. Next portal I find i’ll give it a go, and check it against a signal scanner and Pahefu’s app. In the meantime, i’ll try and develop my understanding of dimensional navigation, thanks again :+1:

1 Like

Current homeworld. It’s peaceful and tropical. Lots of plants. No fauna though

1 Like

@William, I’ve given @PyroBob 's glyphs a go… (I’ve got a feeling its wrong)

0E5F:0086:0A9B:01EE - Translated back at Pahefu’s displays the same glyphs!
PyroBob ‘should’ be here:

Seems ok @Kryzla !

Niiice, thanks for the ejamucayshun! …How do people conceive/create these things in the first place!

Can I just ask…

If in Hilbert and because Pilgrim star & hub are not things, is it just the case that the precise location will be a few LY off target?

Seems galaxies aren’t populated the same… So a point of interest in one could be middle of nowhere in another. Hence, this app can still ‘locate’ ourselves so that people can come closer and meet.

1 Like

From what i know, there’s a Galactic Hub in Hilbert’s too, at the same coordonates than the Euclid’s one. Less populated of course.

1 Like

Why would it be wrong?

Sorry it wasnt clear. I wasnt implying you had given wrong glyphs, I just had a feeling that my translation was wrong - @William’s verfication however did give me a brief sense of accomplishment :+1: (not forgetting his invaluable tuition either!)

1 Like

I was going to say your map seemed right since I’ve always been out in the middle of nowhere. I enjoy the silence.

2 Likes

PS4
Hilbert Dimension
?
Baron desert Moon named Ocnog, with large caverns, and dust storm, great for Roamer racing.
:sauropod::sunrise::sauropod::raised_hands::sunrise::sailboat::small_red_triangle::raised_hands::honeybee::sailboat::rocket::raised_hands:

1 Like

PS4 Euclid. Viridescent planet My base. 1 8 2 6 F B 6 E F 0 2 A

here’s mine…come visit

i’m one jump from Lennon

001EF045DB59

Also looking for address of a system buying pearls

Have to get the glyphs first, but will do.

1 Like

Has anyone successfully found the Triforce Glyph aka #16?

last one for me and 4 trys now without getting it…glitch or on purpose?

Unfortunately that’s the ‘F’ glyph in some of our addresses

yah apparently you are not alone. I can not find it nor can many others. Must be a glitch. My buddy is on a starting planet and his has a the triforce glyph.