Glitches and Funny Pics

When NMS first launched, all space craft left visible trails.

In the absence of any effective scanner, it was a handy way to find trading posts on unknown systems. Fly into space, and look for the points on the planet where the trails converged. They would be the points where ships plying between the space station and the trading posts were concentrated.

You could also spot where in the system the pirates were lurking, because their ships left red trails.

HG stopped the trails being visible several years ago, although they’re still there - you can still see them in some rare lighting conditions.

6 Likes

Well, the good news is that my settlement that had disappeared has now returned!

12 Likes

6 Likes

Yeah…my Settlement access base was in a cave…& yup…my ship is in the cave too & unable to leave.
At least I could land it again. Once upon a time with a ship in a cave it would refuse to land & you’d just get battered to death or go for a reload.

4 Likes

Hello Games “Death Stranding” tribute.

13 Likes

9 Likes

More like Abysmal Horror…

8 Likes

I was curious how my former settlement was doing so I visited it and found that it has become overgrown with trees. I guess that is what happens without an overseer to pay for the maintenance. :wink:

12 Likes

Has the settlement kept the buildings you’ve built, or did it revert to its original state?

2 Likes

All the settlement buildings I built were gone, which makes sense because I started a new settlement elsewhere.

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I was afraid off. Since the settlements don’t develop by themselves, it would have been nice if they would at least have kept their development state when the player leaves them. Oh well.

5 Likes

I had hoped you could develop them to the point where they become self-sustaining. Beyond a certain point, maybe even grow without your help.

It would be nice to move on to other things, or other settlements, then come back at some time in the future and see what they’ve made of themselves.

Sadly, it seems that’s not going to happen :frowning_face:

7 Likes

Hope the Settlement Building option includes an educational institution at some point…

…and another missing variable definition…

8 Likes

I love it. It reads like one of those old DDR propaganda posters.

6 Likes

After a busy day it’s nice just to levitate a while in front of a warm fire.

15 Likes

Not sure if it is a glitch but this Korvax is apparently ‘Fleeing’.
To me however, it seemed like a pretty good imitation of the disturbing basement end scene in Blair Witch Project.

Ever since upgrading to PS5, I encounter this floating glitch in the space station. It floats across the foyer to then vanish through the wall of an upgrade vender. I think its a decorative cube thingy like we can put in our bases but I’m not completely sure.
Ghost of Updates Past :ghost: …maybe… :grin:

6 Likes

I chased that cubey ghost in one of the space stations as well, between the Appearance modifier and the vendor! Might even have a video clip. But I didn’t see it again after the recent patches, is it still there for you? I couldn’t interact with it, maybe it was supposed to be backstage with the vendors and it just got the wrong flight coordinates. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My settlement builds from the top down. They are very advanced

9 Likes

I encountered the floating cube…

I tracked it as it worked its way thru the vendors and back around again.

12 Likes

Copper failed to deposit

14 Likes