Glitches and Funny Pics

Well, neural networks need something to do, other than think at themselves. :grin:

Which reminds me, I have to check on someone’s status…

2 Likes

Ummm…

9 Likes

Yeah. I had one like that too.

“Buried in the atmosphere?”
:smiley:

1 Like

Loaded up into the new Steam experimental update and found my ship like this!

10 Likes

Either this guys drink is on the floor, or HG overdid it with the terrain manipulation.

7 Likes

“Stick in the mud” starship.

4 Likes

I have a floorgeks infestation.

12 Likes

You lose. I called heads! :wink:

6 Likes

Been in the saloon too long today. I am just a little high.

12 Likes

While doing the 3rd expedition, I encountered another player moving about with a tether stretching all the way to another planet, (where I’d encountered them earlier).
I’m guessing it was something to do with the teleporter…? …maybe…? like how in-base SR teleporters have a connecting ‘cable’.

8 Likes

Wow, I’ve never seen that. I’ll dig up some glitch pics tomorrow — in multiplayer, I am almost permanently followed by an angry mining beam, does that still happen to other people as well? It looks like the tip of a laser shot by someone else, but there isn’t anyone, and it also appears underground and indoors….

6 Likes

I used to see the back of my helmet when running while scanning. If I remember correctly, I think a driver update fixed it. Never been chased by a laser beam. My TM does reflect back at me when mining around certain objects.

2 Likes

This is the mining beam following me everywhere…

Seen from inside an abbandonded building, my pet was just a shadow chasing monstrosities:

This is my old “hammock” base (from before NMS Next I think) that I revisited after a long time.

(It used to be a blue&green paradise planet, but NEXT (?) reset it to be a stormy blood-like orange and I didn’t enjoy the now often clouded view anymore.) When I arrived, my ship was just stuck inside the base, luckily it exited me upon the roof, I could have just as likely fallen into the “dried-up riverbed”. The landing pad parts have been reset since then, so I had to build a new one. But how did they manage to change the spawning mechanism so it’s inside the base by default…?

8 Likes

Oh god, the magenta flickering laser blast, it drives me absolutely batty whenever it kicks in! And it seemed even brighter this time than in the past! Can’t figure out any pattern to it either, only that it appears to be multiplayer-exclusive.

3 Likes

Yeah, got that too…

3 Likes

Me to (PC, Steam) …appears/disappears randomly

3 Likes

My first base in Expeditions Season 3. Just a simple 2x2 floor/wall/roof with some basics to hide for the weather. Teleported back there a first time and found my ship trying to hide for the weather as well :joy:

8 Likes

Here is something glitchy totry for everyone. :slight_smile:

Possible steps to reproduce:

1. Configure number shortcuts for the X-menu so you can trigger “switch to third person” and “photomode” quickly.
  2. Do a melee-boost, say, off a hill
  3. In mid air, very quickly press the two shortcuts, first third-person, then immediately photomode

Do you get a ghost avatar as well?

10 Likes

Today I saw players flying between planets, leaving behind such lines as well! … … Maybe… that beam is the other end of the annoying mining beam tip that is following some people…? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

I created the same effect a while back with my Transparency image below:

Basically your character will fade in/out depending on camera collision with the player. You can somewhat force this using the terrain/angle and then time it right to create a screenshot.

Nice capture you have and a different way of triggering this effect. Pretty cool, as it allows to do this in even more situations.

6 Likes