Galactic Coordinates Thread

Flokkunde-Yoby Syasn in the Sendoxur-Yua system

discovered by Purest_green

Thtaā€™s the right system but my planet is Carshalton, let me try and get another screenshot of the portal.

Iā€™m at the portal and that previous screenshot is correct. I can hear you too!

I can hear you and another voice. I donā€™t have a mike tho sorry.

No problem, thankā€™s for trying. Sorry about the wasted journey.

OK, so your PSN is Purest_green.

KnightAlese and I could see your icon and the beacon for your base which indicated it was off planet.

We tried changing the first glyphs to all possible other planets in the system. Unfortunately, the planet with your base has a glitched address. We have seen this before.

1 Like

Yes thatā€™s me. Lookā€™s like itā€™s time to pack up and move!

I saw your green player icon on another planet and I could hear you the whole time.

1 Like

Yeah, it a sad, common bug that almost every star system has one planet whose portal address doesnā€™t work, at least the systems with 5-6 planet/moons.

1 Like

Having someone else check your prospective new-base-portal prior to moving is the the best idea.
Or choose a single planet system. They seem to work acurately even with an error message.

1 Like

@marky Just let us know when you have your next base completed. I would be happy to test your portal address.

1 Like

Thank you, going to go galaxy hopping again this weekend :grinning:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if this has ever been an issue but would renaming the planet cause a problem?

That was the only planet I renamed in my system and wondered if there was ever a pattern with this glitch?

Renaming the planet wonā€™t affect the portal. It looks like the portals are designed to give a 20% failure rate. Sometimes itā€™s corrupted but sometimes it just sends you to a nearby planet.
Testing first with another player is my prefered checking method.

4 Likes

No, renaming planets shouldnā€™t affect their portal address.

Actually, you can test a portalā€™s address by putting it into itself and seeing if it takes you to where you are; you donā€™t even have to search for another portal to test the address.

4 Likes

I had a portal that worked fine for me when tested by me (using another portal) but put another player (LordMarkov) on the next planet. Self testing isnt guaranteed, either using own address or alternate portal. Itā€™s a gamble.

Iā€™m not sure if the portal address bugs are intentional or actual game bugs. There is some lore about travellers getting lost/dissappearing due to portals so maybe itā€™s a game featureā€¦?

1 Like

Right, would some kind soul test this portal for me when they get a chance please? PS4 normal mode.

Sytem is called London Underground System and the planet should be called Noqiulonngan.

Cheers :grinning:

2 Likes

A Little tip. When you post this kind of stuff, itā€™s helpful to say within the post what system youā€™re playing on (PS4, PC Steam, PC Gog) and the game mode. Theyā€™re mutually incompatible, and people on other systems / modes could waste hours trying to help you.

I know you already said PS4 normal mode, but that was 20 or 30 posts back. Most people wonā€™t check.

Not a rant. Just a thought.

3 Likes

Of course, now edited.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll put you up on the Spacing Guild website for us to visit. Make sure you have a beacon on your base property so people can find it.