Galactic Coordinates Thread

My home planet:
06E4:007E:01AC:00B3

It used to be a nice, lush planet, but portals ate all the grass, now it’s a radioactive desert :frowning:

This is a moon(faster to find base) on a system fairly close to the center of the first galaxy, about 3100 light years away. There is a huge amount of players in serounding systems and meeting them is fairly common. (After you teleport back make sure to make new base somewhere else so other players can join)

2 Likes

@Vicomt
Today I have visited your The Well system, I have left a message thing.

1 Like

Nice to see someone found it :smiley: I probably won’t ever be back to read the message though, never stay in one place for long :wink:

You took "my " portal to come ?

That of @vicomt if yours is in the Hilbert I can make a visit :wink:

Well, the adress you quote above is mine :wink:

Hey guys I’ve been going through this thread for a few days now, trying to familiarize myself with the conversion between the Portal Glyphs and the Galactic Coordinates.

However, I keep getting hung up on the math (referring to the hexadecimal value rotations), and I can’t seem to figure out which steps are correct or which values to add/subtract to which digits because there are several different methods or combinations submitted by different people, but none of the ones I’ve tried are converting properly for me. Maybe I’m doing something wrong, or maybe I’m just misinterpreting the posts, but some help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me, if you’d prefer to discuss it privately. Thanks!

two addresses are needed just as they are
Signal Booster Coordinates
Portal Address

At the top of this thread use that to convert portal to numbers.
the list them appropriate thread.

1 Like

Not sure if it helps, but the Pilgrim Star Path has a hex address to portal glyph converter.

1 Like

It’s not you @M1STER_GR1M, the steps in this thread are a bit all over the place.

We initially had the wrong glyph sequence order due to using the sequence from Waking Titan, and so we had to workaround this mistake by using a convoluted RoT process to make conversions. Once we got the right glyph sequence it all came together. You will still need to do some hexadecimal addition to make the conversion from portal glyphs to signal booster coordinates. I recommend using this calculator if you are not familiar with adding hex units.

For this example, we’ll use @MrBacon’s info from this post above in the thread (I keep using this example because he provided photo data):

GLYPH TO COORDINATE CONVERSION PROCESS

• Step 1:
Write the hex values of the glyphs in the order that they appear on the portal using the decoder.

— Portal address 3 0 2 3 0 3 9 A 7 0 1 C

• Step 2:
Disregard the initial glyph (G1) as it appears to be a planetary marker.

— 0 2 3 0 3 9 A 7 0 1 C

• Step 3:
Transpose the next three glyphs (G2,G3,G4) with the last three glyphs in the sequence (G10,G11,G12).
The sequence should now be: G10,G11,G12 : G5,G6,G7,G8 : G9,G2,G3,G4

— transposed sequence:
G10 G11 G12 : G5 G6 G7 G8 : G9 G2 G3 G4
0 1 C : 0 3 9 A : 7 0 2 3

• Step 4:
Group the transposed sequence into X, Y, and Z voxels using the following pattern:
G10,G11,G12 = voxel X
G5,G6 = voxel Y
G7,G8,G9 = voxel Z

01C = voxel X
03 = voxel Y
9A7 = voxel Z

• Step 5:
Now we will add “7FF”, “7F”, and “7FF” to the X, Y, and Z voxels respectively.

01C + 7FF = 81B (voxel X)
03 + 7F = 82 (voxel Y)
9A7 + 7FF = (1)1A6 (voxel z) [note: we will keep only the 3 first digits, dropping the extra 1]

• Step 6:
Copy the translated voxels into the following sequence:
0(voxel X):00(voxel Y):0(voxel z):0(G2 G3 G4)

— 0(81B):00(82):0(1A6):0(023)

• Step 7:
Remove the extra formatting and we get:
081B:0082:01A6:0023

Referring to the Signal Booster data (TUGA:081B:0082:01A6:0023), we can see that the glyph sequence has accurately been decoded. You can now plug the 12 digit string from step 7 into the Pilgrim Star Path and see where exactly the portal where take you.

Alternately (and perhaps more usefully), you can run the process in reverse to determine what the glyphs are for any given planet’s coordinate address. All you’d need to do is build a Signal Booster, and you can determine the planet’s glyph sequence.

5 Likes

This is exactly what I was looking for! It was all about the hex math. None of the posts I saw were showing the correct values to add to the existing hex values, but this totally clears it up for me. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

You are in PC Hilbert’s galaxy and you want a shortcut or just visiting a system with 2 exotics planet ? Kerdorin’s travel agency have what you want.

This system is at only 3153 y to the center, there is a base at less than 5mn by foot from the portal so it’s very easy to claim it, take the portal back and coming back with your ship. (I let a com’ ball at the base place). Don’t forget to claim a base elsewhere to let the way free for others travelers.

The 2 exotics planets are different (but no glass one), have base place but no monolith/portal.

If you’re not in Hilbert’s, these coordonates can work, i crossed Calypso galaxy and enter in Hersperius in about 15mn.

2 Likes

New here, so apologies while I get my head around things. Here are a couple of addresses I found. Never met anyone online yet (PS4)

1 Like

And another.

2 Likes

Eissentam
111D,4FF9,9EFF grav. balls extreme sentinals, full life, frequent flora.
Grab and go, lol.

Not sure how active or reliable this thread is. But I am in eissentam and have been hunting for a squid ship. Does anyone out there have a portal code for me? Please.

Welcome to earth 2

2 Likes

PC - Lush Type planet, calm weather. Vy’keen system

1 Like

Original topic title: Euclid PS4 Survival Liquid Explosives farm

All details here: https://redd.it/78acnt

1 Like