Galactic Coordinates Thread

@vato915 It would be useful to add some additional info instead of just having a link to Reddit and Twitter.

2 Likes

In the event that anyone has an interest, I have developed a set of simpified symbols representing the portal glyphs. These are more easily hand written. I have also created a TrueType font of the simplified symbols that can be added to Windows for Word and Excel.

1 Like

I’d be interested to see what youve come up with.
A font would be very useful…

1 Like

In this graphic, you see the orginal glyph listed after the script font and the verbal identifier associated with it. I have also included the Hex Value of the glyph for reference.

This is an example of my hand-written versions of the script.

1 Like

Forgot to give you the key mapping for the font

3 Likes

Here’s a link to the file

1 Like

The additional characters in the font are there because I also use this script to write in the native language of my home planet. Hence the name of the font ‘Okalik’

1 Like

This place is only for those who like a challenge.
Budullangr
Erkanss-Epeat System//G4pf (Vy’Keen)
Region Elivsjogru
Mining/Struggling
High Conflict Level
4 Planets/2 Moons
contains the following:
Temporary Planet [REDACTED] weather
Desolate Planet w/inert weather
Abandoned Planet w/ lung-burning night wind
Hyperborean Moon w/wandering frost
Frozen Planet w/howling blizzards (radnox)
Flourishing Moon w/sweltering damp
This final moon is where the Portal is. Frenzied sentinals. Lots of water with tons of tiny islands. The only home base is an hour away. I left save beacons at both and a Nomad Geobay at the Portal with 20 power canisters in it.
There are very few resources on this moon. Actually, you might as well say that there are none.
Almost forgot: PC Normal Mode

3 Likes

Portal address to the edge of Calypso center!!! Find a home base go back into the portal and go to space station and then go back home voila…

1 Like

In the event that it is of interest; I believe that there is a way to compute the portal address of any system, so long as you know its distance from the Galactic Center. this would enable you to search for systems on the Galactic Map, then portal to those systems from your home base. I would share my methods with anyone who is interested. this does not account for the third axis. This may make this method too flawed for portal use.

1 Like

Not sure if anyone saw, but there is an app you can use to convert your alphanumeric address into a glyph address. It’s called “Pilgrim Star Path” and makes it easy on the go. I usually went to the site, but it’s much easier for me in the app. And it works great!
(I have an android OS phone)

I used it to navigate to my friend who started playing NMS recently. Also used it to visit other planets/systems. A great tool for any Traveller :wink:

5 Likes

Thats excellent. I’ve been using the site via my mobile but I’m updating to the APP. Seems to work fine on my Android.
Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

[PC player]
Portal on my homeplanet in the Euclid Galaxy - 9 hours walk from base …

1 Like

Glyph addresses are 12 digits long.

2 Likes

Yea, I know.

oops, I didn’t have 3 my coffee yet lol. :wink:

Anyways, since I tried both the Hotel Telephone number glyphs planet, got nothing. I was the 1st to discover it.

And tried the mirror HEX glyphs planet and got nothing as well. But this planet was discovered by another player, and there was a comball.

But all it said was , " Is this Mars? "

So no dice. Damn

1 Like

Recently abandoned for a new base near a portal that isn’t corrupted. If they fix it in the update there are several bases close by. This is on PS4 Euclid Galaxy.

These glyphs will take you to another planet in The Boonies system. This is in the old Galactic Hub and there are a few very good systems nearby.

4 Likes

hope to be there as soon as I get the rest of the glyphs

If someone else sets up a base in your system, your own base will disappear from other players trying to find you. One base per system or you lose base sharing.

1 Like

Ah well that’s news to me. I’ve only just gotten into the nms communities and all I know is my experiences so far. Nice to know. Thanks.

⁣Sent from Blue ​

1 Like

System Name: [Hub2] Bcnuby’s Liquid Explosive Farm (I realize I messed up the name, its just outside the Waolab Anomaly)
Region: Aphaen Conflux
Galaxy: Euclid Ps4
Coordinates: 044C:0082:0D53:0169
23 Million Per Harvest
13:38 Minute walk from portal

139 LY from VanCorc’s Liquid Explosive Farm (43 Million if you farm both farms)

Glyph Address:
https://imgur.com/o1uQ1nw

Please leave a communication station during your visit!

3 Likes