Galactic Coordinates Thread

I did it, too. Wasn’t until I got into the communities I knew. I left him a Comm but it seems to have disappeared.

My garden is almost finished already.

I have reclaimed by base and replanted my garden. If anyone visits please let me know if it’s working or not. The guy who set up a base is still on my planet, but my more recent creation should overwrite his.

1 Like

it only takes 100+/- jumps to get to the center?

1 Like

Not to my knowledge. It’s well over a 100 jumps. Hell, it takes at least five in my fully optimized freighter to get from my area to the Shungka void (old hub).

jumping from one end to another and moving around in the galaxy takes alot of cells.
Going as I am to the centers about 100 jumps.

Learn something new every day, eh?

Just for fun, I started a new ID on my PS4 - BstrdHoncho_2. Had the glyphs in about three days, and now I am in the old Hub area. I have a bunch of Living Glass there, plus some other plants. Feel free to harvest. Also, bring your nomad. It’s a long walk over rocky terrain but about 5 minutes in the Nomad.

It’s amazing how fast you can run through this thing when you’ve already done it.

2 Likes

I visited someones planet on the 1st I believe , I forget whose planet, but it was my first time seeing flying fish, and I left a com at the portal proclaiming how much they freaked me out. The planet also had demonic looking teddy bears

1 Like

:disappointed_relieved: home wreckers (accidental, I think) have seized my private domain… :scream: :scream: :scream::upside_down_face: Maybe NEXT will fix it…:joy::rofl: yeah…:weary:

4 Likes

@sheralmyst
This is my first fellow player portal/planet/base visit - I reached 15/16 glyphs before seeing your post tonight so thought I would try it. 4hrs from portal to base in my exocraft, had to set up camp for the night (at the 3hrs by exocraft/11hrs on foot point) :slight_smile: left a comm ball at the portal.

Stunning planet - the emerald mountains and cliffs are really sublime.

Weird thing happened while driving along, I passed another base starter unit.

7 Likes

Awesome! There are tons of base units on this planet. In fact, there is one on top of the hill in front of my base. From there you can see my base.
Will read your comm as soon as I am back in the simulation. Thanks! Sorry about the long trek.

2 Likes

Camp 2 - Maybe next session will make the base.
The planet terrain is really a challenge to navigate in the exocraft - some high sided craters I have had to jetpack out of and summon exocraft to continue once out, and very difficult at night when in complete shadow and storm conditions, but it is stunning scenery the mountains are really majestic - emerald everest.

This is my Home base planet portal address - also a long haul [9 hours on foot to base] but is on a lush planet with more sedate terrain

5 Likes

Working my way there but am having to stop til later. So far I have passed at least 2 dozen Knowledge Stones, had to sell my watch for some Pu since the planet has slim pickin’s. I discussed the end of the world with a Traveller with hypnotizing eyes. For now I am camped in the shadow of this Monolith under an imposing floating island.

7 Likes

Finally made it. If anything is out of order, it is not my fault. :wink:

5 Likes

I’m enjoying reading of your long travels overland to see other bases. I haven’t travelled via portal to other’s bases in quite a while. I’ve done a couple of epic size exo adventures in the past though. Great fun, in a mildly un-nerving sort of way. :motor_scooter:

5 Likes

Yeah definitely. The safety of spaceship, home base is absent. The possibility of becoming completely stranded is there. The emotions of anxiety are real…a great adventure beyond standard gameplay…a real expedition that ideally one should fully prepare for especially unknown resource levels on the planet being visited

6 Likes

Hi @sheralmyst

Whew what an epic journey and I am only half way - now for the return to portal…

What a spectacular planet (some of the highest crater cliffs I have encountered) and brilliant base location. The base build itself is charming, and full of character, and wonderfully crafted, with some nice surprises. What an amazing experience to journey to another’s homeworld. Thank you for sharing.

5 Likes

I love running and doing a melee jump off the tops of the hills. Yes, they are very tall. Thanks for dropping by. :sunglasses: Very Interesting thing though. My base no longer looks like that…must have been the server issue. I will have to check on that.

3 Likes

If anyone else visits my base, please take a screenshot. For some reason people are seeing my old base. It may be due to the server issues that happened during the week. Hopefully it is fixed now. I am near the top of the ETARC Hub star chain. If you would like to move into the Hub, let me know and I will find you a nearby portal.

4 Likes

On PS4 → Here is my planet address for portal.

2-0-7-1-F-B-0-D-3-9-1-B
Cheers from spain.!
Edit:
Or just look at the picture:

2 Likes