Galactic Coordinates Thread

Visited. Will return again when you have built your new base :grin:

1 Like

Sorry for the delay in response. I will come back soon and place another.

3 Likes

I’m addicted to visiting bases now :grin:

I’ve been to most on the portal repository. Are there any more sites that list bases with portal addresses you could recommend please?

3 Likes

Also someone who just visited my base has built a base a few minutes from mine. Can visitors still see my blue beacon from the portal?

If someone else has built a base on your planet, nobody will be able to see your base. You can only have one visible base on a planet - in fact, I think you can only have one in a system.

2 Likes

Damn that sucks. I’ll have to serve them an eviction notice!

Good luck with that. It may be easier (and more reliable) to move your base to a different system. Once systems get messed up, they tend to stay that way. It appears to be something to do with the way the server saves data.

1 Like

Wow, my luck with bases has been absolute rubbish!

Have you visited the Spacing Guild website?
http://www.boomstickjoes.com/the-spacing-guild/index.php

The portal addresses my normal and survival mode bases (and many others) are listed there.

1 Like

I’ll check that out, thank you :grinning:

What’s the deal with people still building bases in occupied systems? Surely it’s known it messes up existing bases?
How hard can it be for there to be a block that prevents other habitable bases in already occupied systems allowing other occupants.
A simple “unavailable, this system already has a player base” message.

4 Likes

I think the problem is the underlying belief that travellers would seldom, if ever, come across each other.

Despite the changes HG have made, I think this belief is still fundamental to the way NMS is designed. There hasn’t been sufficient thought given to what happens when travellers do encounter each other.

The game has grown from its first beginnings, and a community has grown around it. Sensible designers would ensure that their game reflects the desires of that community.

4 Likes

I made a new base, if anyone’s in the area :slight_smile:

PS4, Normal,
Calypso galaxy… :frowning:
10 minutes by exocraft

If you just need a shortcut let me know, I’ll give you a list of portals at the core.

8 Likes

Nice find of a waterside base. Very cool :+1:

1 Like

Some trolls have purposefully stolen some bases that Youtubers have made videos of. Cobra TV’s maze base built by Boid Gaming for example.

2 Likes

Well I know what my main update want is now!

So how does it work? Does my beacon disappear to other visitors or the whole base?

3 Likes

Your base is only visible to others because it gets stored on a remote server. Since there can only be one base on a planet, if someone else builds one, all the data you had on the server gets replaced by theirs.

You won’t notice anything, because your own base data is stored locally, on your computer. Other people visiting, however, have to get the base data from the server. And that’s not yours any more.

So, basically, everything you created disappears.

7 Likes

I just saw your com ball but it’s at the base of the cheeky beggar who came to harvest my crops then nicked my planet!

I didn’t like that planet anyway :rofl:

3 Likes

Hello fellow traveler. I visited your base this morning (Pacific DST).

My base:
PS4 - Normal
Calypso galaxy :thinking:
Approximately 16 minute walk from Portal.

Visitors welcome!

5 Likes

Dropped by this afternoon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes