Future Update Speculations

Arrrrrrrrrrr!

3 Likes

oh ok he is just fuking with us now. lol
ps4sale

4 Likes

Huge SPOILER

Do NOT click unless you want in early!!!

Summary
6 Likes

Then again, my Steam just updated!

3 Likes

Arrrr, them scallywags noticed their blunder and made it private, shiver me timbers! :rage:

5 Likes

PS5 is updating now and so is Steam Deck
So this is hilarious. I saw the trailer like 3 times and now it is private. All I can say is :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::star_struck::star_struck:
@Polyphemus is gonna love this! Happening now on Steam Deck

4 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Outlaws and Planet Side Attacks

A post was merged into an existing topic: Outlaws and Planet Side Attacks

im diggin the new twitch ships
SPECIAL1.TWITCH.SHIP13SPECIAL1.TWITCH.SHIP14

5 Likes

Sitting here, polishing my crystal ball. Anyone want their fortune told?

7 Likes

After choosing: “Request the Voice of Freedom”…

Subverted Station Core

“Glorious Survivor! The promised star will be yours!”
glass glass GLASS GLASS glass glass glass GLASS

Could this be a hint that using a station override leads to the entire star system becoming ours, aka. freedom? — Subvert: Undermine the power and authority of (an established system or institution).

:innocent: :scroll: :policeman:

4 Likes

I think @Jupiter.blues may be on the right track. The exp ending may allude to another more dangerous universe that may even look different. The latest experimental patch removes pirate attacks from peaceful/low conflict systems. The systems are becoming more diverse. Perhaps the galaxies will as well. Can only hope that this means different proc gen looks in different galaxies. It is certainly something that has been asked for.

6 Likes

Got that right…

RELEASE DATE: SUMMER 2022 :pray:

4 Likes

Yea, it sort of seems like most of us want more variety without a full reset so people dont lose their current bases or known resource hotspots. A new galaxy to come and go from whenever we desire makes more sense on how to please most of us.

I for one would love to explore a whole new galaxy to feel the way I felt again when I first booted NMS up and started exploring a new universe.

6 Likes

I am wondering if we may possible see a crew aboard our frigates one day…

3 Likes

I feel like the Void concept that was thrown around a while back, may not be all that fictional. We all want variety, preferably without disturbing existing discoveries, and there’s only a number of extra planets per system you can add.

New galaxy/ universe? Infinite option for new variety/ planets, completely falls within lore and can have some seriously Interrsting stuff.

I feel like the Station Overrides don’t exactly tie into this but, that 4.0 could be the big Void Update, or something with a new universe. Sentinel lore seriously alluded to the fact that the Abyss is now powerful enough to subvert sentinels, much like we heard from Telamon in the boundary failure logs and the crashed freighters. There’s also the fact that Laylaps tries to convince Telamon to join it and the Abyss in destroying the Atlas and evading the world of glass.

That’s why I feel like the station Overrides could be a part of a new event, not an expedition, but a global, universal event, where we either work with the Abyss’ (using the station Overrides to convert systems to it’s control, and take out Atlas/Arron monitoring) or with the Atlas to take back said systems and defeat the Abyss.

3 Likes

I keep wondering about the Galactic Atlas. It’s cool but only contains Euclid info. I would assume that could be expanded to include other galaxies. If we do ‘start over’ in a different galaxy but are still able to keep our old files, would be nice to have an organized way to keep track of things. Now, if we could just name our save files…I mean, we have 15 slots now. I get confused over just 5…

4 Likes

Amen, sister!! Ive turned that in as a suggestion. The more players who suggest it, the higher the chance it happens.

https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

6 Likes

I have been feeling like an outlaw for quite some time now, whenever I am exploring the realm of the shadows … I wonder if pirate exists where we can’t see them … Will have some new research to do :face_with_peeking_eye:

5 Likes

Interesting concept. The anomaly and its occupants only survive by constantly dodging the Atlas’ attempts to erase them, and by existing in a space where the Atlas can’t see them. But the anomaly does not directly oppose the Atlas - it only seeks to hide and survive.

The pirates, on the other hand, are actively opposed to the Atlas, and are trying to destroy its power. If the Atlas is hunting the anomaly, it must be hunting the pirates even more so. They would have to exist in a place they couldn’t be found by the Atlas’ normal mechanisms.

7 Likes