Future Update Speculations

Fans of starship customization might like the ability to at least customize color and add/remove decals. Some other related possibility – a starship maintenance facility.
Some possible features of such a facility:

• Multiple landing pads, but a number such that you may have to “wait your turn” to land
  • Galactic Trade Terminal
  • Starship Upgrade station (like in the Space Station)

Facility-based starship actions

• Starships “weather” – the wear degree relates to hours of flight. Buy a like-new “coating”
  • Buy & apply, sell, or change a paint job (choice of colors for varied ship pieces)
  • Buy & apply, sell, or change starship decals

Payment might be either Units or Nanites.

IMHO, allowing complete customization of starships, as some suggest, world drastically reduce the fun of discovery. That option likely would prove too tempting for many who would otherwise explore to find a different type starship.

(I just submitted this to HG as a suggestion)

7 Likes

Well, SM RT’d this today

6 Likes

Are the streamers from the wing tips new?

2 Likes

Also looks like “smoother” clouds. Hmm.

3 Likes

Not quite new, as you can clearly see them here as well. Not so sure when exactly they were introduced, but it might as well have been there pre-NEXT even

4 Likes

There is some truth to this. Terrain generation was definitely the best during “Foundations” and “Pathfinder”.

3 Likes

Sorry everyone but I totally missed SMs April Fools joke yesterday…

13 Likes

From April 2016! The game wasn’t even released yet. That explains why he speaks in complete sentences, afterwards he vowed to never speak again and only posted emojis.

3 Likes

Thanks to starting a new game on Steam Deck, I just noticed this bar. Looks like it is filling.

7 Likes

Not sure.

Yesterday April 8:
2022-04-08

Today:
2022-04-09

4 Likes

That Sean sure is a tease! :smiley:

IRL I have way too many upcoming work and home “priorities” so am hoping the next one has a lengthy completion time also.

3 Likes

Oh well, it was good to hope. :upside_down_face:

If you measure by the the amount the bar cuts through the word “Coming”, it touches the “i” in the same way.

Either they made no progress, or the bar doesn’t fill.

2 Likes

SM has now posted 2 awesome ship pics in a row…

Will watch to see if the trend continues
3 ships

9 Likes

watching his feed like a hawk lol. I really hope 3.9 is coming with a new expedition…waiting till summer and possible 4.0 is gonna drive me nuts. If it is anything in scale when they released the XBOX version (Next?) I’ll be pumped.

Top 3 expectations. Cross save ( new central cloud), terraforming, and station override thingy

3 Likes
3 Likes

Dammit…beat me too it…had to go pee…always…everytime…dam bodily functions interfering lol

3 Likes

Next time , I will go get a snack first :smile:

1 Like

pirate flag emoji…I held it this time lol
pirate

6 Likes

So the ship pics may indeed be a clue

1 Like