Future Update Speculation

PS5 getting a NMS update right now…

6 Likes

I liked it. got it done in about 6.5-7 hrs, Love the look of the hauler. I wonder if HG is redoing the ships to match the esthetic of the new space stations? The hauler and the racing ship share that same esthetic.

4 Likes

Seems like it. They usually follow a pattern but these days its a bit random.

All ships received a visual overhaul including new parts for more variety but its not much.

Shuttles haven’t had much love since the game came out though. I mean, technically they received a “little” love but not the same treatment as the others.

Im personally hoping that shuttles get replaced with ships that look like “flying wing” style planes. We dont have any in that style and those would be the perfect ships to replace them with.

4 Likes

I cant find the wishlist…anyway, a few prefab buildings would be nice

3 Likes

I second this.

New buildings to be found planetside but also buildable pre-fab buildings would be nice as well.

Or atleast the ability to save your creations to reuse later.

4 Likes

Now that we have a Sean emoji near anniversary update time, I’m kind of surprised that nobody has added a post about it yet.

(Feel free to move this to a new category if appropriate)

Emoji is of earth. Idea ticklers…

• Large planet
  • Planetary ______
  • Globe
  • World
  • Water world
  • 3 new rocks
  • ____ ???
9 Likes

Moved ya @Clemm
I just saw the post when I woke up still in the recliner. :sleeping:
Most interesting emoji. Makes me think of Light No Fire being all on one planet.

11 Likes

I’ll take a guess or two:

• New type of planet.
  • Ocean world make-over.
5 Likes

My first thought was “Earth … Large planet … Light No Fire.” But he tweeted using the No Man’s Sky account.

OTOH the anniversary of No Man’s Sky might be the perfect time to release the new game, with a No Man’s Sky update after that.

I doubt that though … unless a new LNF trailer gets posted soon.

I’m a happy camper either way.

6 Likes

Some of the guesses on X; planet generation; global saves; planet surveying

6 Likes

Just to note that when I look on X at the No Man’s Sky page, the pinned tweet is about Light No Fire. So I don’t think that we can be 100% positive that this is about NMS. Of course to confuse things, the pinned tweet on the Hello Games page is about No Man’s Sky Echos so … my chance of predicting what this means is less than normal.

7 Likes

Somehow we’re all late to the party. Lol.

My guesses:

• Something about Light No Fire.

• Planetary updates. Maybe not as big as we all would hope, but just some tweaks to planets. (Or atleast I can see this happening before LNF releases).

• cross saves(we’re all expecting that one though)

6 Likes

SM uses his one account for both games
SM

https://x.com/NoMansSky?t=w-zYSUohzIiQ1JoDb_ChAQ&s=09
LNF

https://x.com/lightnofire?t=sEPJOgnu_fuamkZSp5Lc-g&s=09
HG

https://x.com/hellogames?t=BP0qn9qi5wu8vuBRznVOeA&s=09
Hmm… But anyway, that’s the 3 accounts
SM, LNF, HG

7 Likes

I think I’m going to lean into what everyone said about cross save since we kinda know that’s coming and an earth emoji could indicate a connected world for your player across platforms.

I’m also leaning towards this to keep my expectations well below sea levels and don’t get the run of myself thinking about LNF or an increase to planet object variety ;-; Oh noes, I’m thinking about it now!

5 Likes

Someone said “world… of glass”.

Considering the story so far, its actually a possibility.

5 Likes

So this shows the planet from different ‘sides’ so I am going with Global

9 Likes

I know I said I wouldn’t overshoot my expectations but now I’m thinking Ray Traced Global Illumination for supported devices would be nice…

I saw someone mention they might be re-introducing planet rotation… Thats a wonderful and dangerous guess to put out there. I need a major days long distraction, stat!

My attempt at larping twitter guesses…

Balaron, Dryn’Dragh and Korvax Prime as fully explorable detailed planets confirmed :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Hmmm. The three views of one world do elicit, “Rotation.” Since the emoji history is littered with my bad guesses, though … :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes
7 Likes

I am now convinced they are announcing a crossover with Camille Dalmais who will be handling the soundtrack going forward :stuck_out_tongue:

la plus belle planète, la plus belle planète , la plus belle planète

2 Likes