Future Update Speculation

NMS got a small update on Steam Deck today.

7 Likes

And so it begins … again …

8 Likes

You’ve got to like that one.

Perhaps snow?

3 Likes

And I so want winter to be over :rofl:
It’s the same emote Disney used for their recent update and we got Olaf from Frozen so I say snowmen. We will get to build snowmen.

4 Likes

really…while im at Antman?

4 Likes

Speculation floating…no 2 snowflakes are the same. Improved proc gen?
Personally, the snowy planets used to be my favorites but somehow lost something along the way. Would love to see them tweaked and some new features added.

6 Likes

That Sean. What a snowflake!
:joy:

Let’s just hope that the update doesn’t get a chilly reception.

5 Likes

I read recently that frozen planets are by far in the majority IRL.

Originally Sean had said that more planets would be barren (as IRL), but have minerals we needed.

I’m happy that the percentage of barren planets on NMS launch was not too high.

3 Likes

Yes, a snowflake is a unique crystal structure but its shape is effected by the weather apparently. But SM once posted an orange emoji and there was no relation to the update other than it sounded similar to “Origins” :joy:

So Ice? IoS?

Either that or a weather update. Those are my two guesses.

6 Likes

Snowflake
Snowplace
S’nowPlace
There’s no place like home - Earth has been found!

5 Likes

Apparently there is a company called Snowflake and they are all about managing data in the cloud and one thing NMS is not doing well, is cloud saving. It hangs up my PC and my Steam Deck and I cannot access my saves on Steam Deck.

5 Likes

Hmm, I think he would have put a cloud emoji for that. Some are speculating its a small variety update or a ship or multitool update. Both would be great updates and I would love both to happen but I have a feeling its neither one. Im just looking forward to an expedition at this point now.

Also, a snowflake’s crystal’s “branch” out. Maybe the NMS versions are starting to branch out into more versions?

Im still leaning towards a weather update but I dont think there is much reason for a weather update right now so I cant see that being it still.

4 Likes

Thinking about stuff people have requested over the years, high on the list is more varied climatic biomes.

Perhaps not so much “snow”, as “snow in some places”?

4 Likes

Frost. Frosted Flakes. Cereal. To go with the milk from the ‘cows’

5 Likes

He RTd so now more than 1 snowflake :smiley:

And HG RTd him also

5 Likes

Maybe snow flurries?

5 Likes
3 Likes

Some more random thoughts; we have had updates that focused on battle. Many were not thrilled because they don’t want to run for their lives. So maybe :snowflake: means ‘chill’ and we are finally getting some new relaxed features for the explorers among us.

6 Likes

Ooo. Smeagol likes chill exploring, Smeaglol does.

I C we’ll have to weather the snow storm until release time.

6 Likes

I can see the “varied climatic biomes” happening now. That was a requested feature that hasnt come yet. The weather changes but it changes for the entire planet. If, perhaps, they made it cold in the north and south poles of some planets, I can see that happening. It would be a minor variety addition but that’s usually what they do.

Now that I think of it, maybe they can make water on frozen planets just solid ice or at least freeze the top layer.

6 Likes