Future Update Speculation

True. But I have wondered about the red unscannable dot on the sandworms for a while. It would be nice if it was leading to something,

5 Likes

It’s time for a lengthy expedition. It would give me something to do and give Hello Games staff some time off for the holidays.

4 Likes

… after bug fixes. :japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

Wait…there is an ‘after’…??? :joy:

3 Likes
4 Likes

He is alive! SM must have taken a long holiday.

PSVR2

So I am sitting here looking at my Steam library and notice that there is a trend now among devs to set out a roadmap of sorts to let players know what is coming and when to expect it. Subnautica Below Zero, Disney Dreamlight Valley, even the more obscure games I play like Dinkum, The Wandering Village and Foundation, they have all released a schedule or update of sorts. I am wondering if a similar approach would work well for HG. I mean, just saying ‘much more to come’ is not much to go on. Would be nice to know a little more, but then, do we really want to know all that is in the works?

7 Likes

Wow, that truly is a ‘tiny’ bit of news … but oh well, at least it’s still coming!

6 Likes

Hello Games got bit so bad by player assumptions and self-hype prior to launch that they are being pretty close-hold on updates.

After all, what they might be planning today might change tomorrow based on issues that arise during development. That could then encourage haters and trolls to attack again.

I’m fine with their practice of only teasing info a short while before an update.

4 Likes

The next NMS update will February 22nd of this year, when the PSVR2 releases. Most likely they will do a PC VR optimization update at the same time. I don’t expect the update to have much else in the way of features.

7 Likes
8 Likes

Yea. I probably would do the same in their position. Plus, not having the pressure of a timeline gives their team more flexibility and less stress and I totally want them to have that.

But I do think that a roadmap of sorts would be a good thing to have too. It doesn’t need to have heavy details or exact dates but just gives an idea of what they are working on next so people dont come up with wild guesses for the next updates and get disappointed that they released something of reasonable size rather than what their imagination was expecting. Plus, having an idea of what is coming helps some to not fear a universe reset when its just a creature AI update.

For example, just have a simplified one like:
-Early 2023 - “Mild planetary procgen updates with additional unlockables”
-Mid 2023 - “some combat revisions and mild cosmetic updates”
-Late 2023 - “Mission related additions and reward revisions”

Minimal details like this allows them their flexablity still and helps players keep their expectations and speculations within reason.

4 Likes

SM is tweeting a lot lately.

8 Likes

Yeah. There doesn’t seem to be any particular theme to it, though.

7 Likes

“Scenic” shots? Environment? Biomes?.. Liked the second one you linked.

4 Likes

I don’t think it means much without an emoji to go with it :smiley:

8 Likes

4 Likes

Made my heart rate go up for about 3 seconds there lol. But its not “the” emoji.

4 Likes
3 Likes
7 Likes

Poor Sean is becoming like the insanely rich fictional character in one of my worldbuilding scenarios that could hardly say a word in public without it having some impact on the stockmarket…

7 Likes