Take photographs of things (bells, drums, observatoties);
Make and photograph an infinity mirror;
Physically visit live-drop locations;
Create a games company, and have them make a game;
Track a real satellite;
Make a friendship bracelet
Make a comic;
Request a song on the radio.
(I’ve probably missed a few - it’s just to give a flavour).

There are still a bunch of events to come. What else are they going to ask us to do?

A few things occur to me. They haven’t (yet) asked us to:

Write a story;
Make a video;
Write/perform a tune/song;
Make a model.

Any ideas? What might they do? What would you like to participate in?

11 Likes

More than guessing at the actual activities what worries me is that there seem to be a ton of them left and not that much time…so far every revealed character was shown to have two community event(one do get them to do something during their story and one will be to release them)…and there are 12 characters in total. If that holds true the end result will be 24 community events in total…and we have completed 3 in two weekends…and we have four weekends left. It just doesn’t add up…unless this picks up big time and we get to work community events during the week we won’t finish much of this.

6 Likes

So many different things we were ask to do, I couldn’t say what is next…
Making a video could be so fun! Adding some cosplay, imagine :sweat_smile:
Hmm, maybe HG wants to create the Lore themselves so not sure about the story writing…
oh my… I have no idea what they could ask next… but I expect some CRAZY event for the end of the ARG and the Next Extension…

5 Likes

Well, perhaps that’s deliberate. Perhaps it all ends in a mad scramble to complete enough tasks to save the sleepers.

Maybe 150 Lego models trumps 200 poems? I don’t know.

I’m pretty sure Alice & Smith do, though. They will have thought it out.

7 Likes

I guess something unexpected will happend again… and worst.
Some situation that will require an immediate reaction.
We all witnessed the explosion, as things are already starting to be uncontrollable.
I do not forget that according to the lore, what we are currently doing with the sleepers, is a state of emergency action, so I really wonder what would be the response to the attack…

I’m not saying that this will happened, I am just speculating from my point of view. Not trying to get any point out of what I just wondered.

7 Likes

Hence the suggestion (rather emphatically) to make sure we get lots of Sleep…? :thinking:

2 Likes

That suggestion was back in January…that’s well past its expiration date…and things are pretty slow right now.

1 Like

You can maybe add guiding Noodles through a maze on Twitch.
Making a cypher wheel to your list.

I was thinking the other day how busy this ARG has become for A&S. Imagine if they got our ARG mixed up with their other games, that would be interesting lol. Suddenly Emily pops up in The Nightwatchmen!
It’s interesting to take a look at what has been happening in that game which throws up all sorts of possibilities about future directions for No Man’s Sky ARG. This document makes interesting reading and is very similar in layout and design to things we have seen in our discoveries.

I would say I hope, really hope the direction for No Man’s Sky continues to come from its creators Hello Games and the ARG is really an extension to their original vision. The design and gameplay would then remain coordinated and faithful in style and content to the great art of the game. That would help seamless cross-over between in game content and real world content to be more immersive than it is now.

7 Likes

Like watching Bob giving food to Mrs Noodle and us trying to solve a maze, comforting an AI, all that during 2 or 3 days ? :smiley:

5 Likes

Well, yes :grinning:.

But I was specifically trying to concentrate on the active / creative tasks we’ve been given - and what might come next.

Mr Noodles was a lot of fun, though.

2 Likes

We were active in typing left left left !!! :joy:

And we’ll probably have another Twitch event at the end, to “save” the dreamers. If we can.

5 Likes

Hmm…we had pictures, drawing, radio, and recording stuff with our voices…and a lot of these are circumstantial so comics for Claire because she’s a child, old school music for old man Alexander, etc…not sure what we would do for some evil bastard like Tariq…figure out ways to threaten him? Some sort of hacking game to get to locked WARE files? Not sure. I agree writing will likely pop up at some point.

5 Likes

I’ve been pondering this topic, today. I agree with the idea of cosplay & more live drops, but my idea for the ARG would reversed cosplay. (I do think that future NMS fans cosplay meets would be fun, though.)

My idea: be cool if the Puppet Masters & ARG Peeps could find a facility and basically turn it into a false W/ARE Lab. It would have to be divided into separate rooms, need to be behind glass, and the ARG peeps would all be in appropriate Customs according to their roles. Then, the players (CSD) could partake in a Guided Tour. This could give us a sorta behind the scenes idea of what the Dreamers went through to get to where they’re at now. The atomosphere could have like a dream like sense to it with fog machines and all.

Some of my other ideas:

• a detailed miniature model or recreation of a favorite planet
  • an old school science fair project using the folded poster boards topic ideas could be based on NMS minerials or plants or ships or astronomy
  • an old school shoe box Diorama or Moon Phase Box
  • something to do with food. I don’t know why, but food is like music in that it always has a magical way of bringing people together!
  • I feel like if there ever is a writing activity. The peices would have to be super short like poems or Flash Fiction. (For me, the comic books kinda represent a writing activity.) For some reason, post cards stand out to me as something neat, especially being we’re a world-wide community. Though, they couldn’t include addresses. :wink:

Edited: for typos & to add additional ideas

7 Likes

I predict haikus…:yum:

5 Likes

Oh, and dream interpretation would be fun… :sunglasses:

3 Likes

If they want a story, I might have one on standby. Depending on if it’s genre-based or not.

1 Like

I think the Extraction Event will be the final event and we will attempt to extract all the Dreamers at one time. But it looks like some of them won’t make it and will wind up as the Original Travellers.
We have their logs and stories in the crashed freighters, abandoned buildings, Travellers graves, computer rooms, and the Gek map rooms.
I recently finished my glyphs and the Traveller spoke of the time they tried to ‘autopsy’ a Sentinel and it screamed. They also spoke of the planet under them being of glass, which makes me think of silicone and thus computer chips.
Add this to Patient #23… and I think we have the first Traveller, who, like Artemis, couldn’t be saved and was put into the simulation to ‘save’ him.

1 Like

I always thought the world of glass was a reference to 5d glass data storage

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it is. There’s a reference to it in Myriad’s literature.

2 Likes

Inspired by this thread and comments by @sheralmyst and @LilLadyD76 I started a No Man’s Sky Haiku thread. Enjoy! Have fun with it :slight_smile:

3 Likes