No Man's Sky Haiku - Post Your Poems

Inspired by a comment from @sheralmyst and @LilLadyD76 in the Waking Titan Future Tasks thread I came up with a Haiku for No Man’s Sky. So here’s a thread for anyone who feels inspired to post a No Man’s Sky themed Haiku poem, with the preferred ‘rule’ - reference ‘No Man’s Sky’ in any way you like. You could be insired by a screenshot, its art, the game’s title, a character, the story, even the puzzling ARG and so on.

It doesn’t have to be particularly connected to No Man’s Sky. The game’s popular science fiction references are a catalyst for creativity, so draw inspiration from anything science fiction that might inspire you. That’s one of the games strengths and most enjoyable aspects. NMS’s science fiction heart beats loudly so let’s hear your Haiku.

Add an accompanying No Man’s Sky image with your poem if you wish or combine the two.
This isn’t a competition but everyone gets kudos for anything posted and bonus points for referencing No Man’s Sky in any way and double bonus points for making us all smile. *Please just post a Haiku poem only in this thread and one accompanying image if you wish. Though you can post as many poems as you like. Thanks!

Tip:

Haiku art is greater than the poem itself. It is a human expression of the physical world, a thought on the very nature of existence and ideally affects any reader with a strong feeling or impression. The subject matter could be any observation within the Lore of No Man’s Sky.

Haiku Poems as far as I know are three lines only. The first line contains 5 syllables, the second 7 syllables and the third 5 syllables using the pattern 5,7,5. Don’t worry too much about getting syllables right in your language, just don’t use too many, less are preferred but keep to three short lines. There are minor differences in translation from a traditional language Haiku to English regarding syllables. So if anyone wants to write in Chinese, Japanese, Korean and so on, for authenticity or any language that’d be cool too.

3 Likes

Akira bright light,
Rage burns to dust, No Man’s Sky
Night stars fly, Heaven waits.

9 Likes

Echoes of thunder,
Shadows flee this No Mans Sky,
Fur and flesh will collide.

12 Likes

High clouded mountain
lost in No Mans Sky
betrayed by Atlas

12 Likes

Hostile frozen land
Weary walker stops for breath
Distant shelter waits

13 Likes

Sky above dull stone
No man’s symbols face thee
Silent star chain waits

12 Likes

A soul in the void
Mysterious vessel
Her truths elude me

11 Likes

Abandoned my farm
Monumental mistake made
Remembrance required

14 Likes

It’s hard to work a story into 17 syllables. To include a change of mood or direction is harder still. To end it with a joke is genius.

6 Likes

20180626_003256

Is this all a dream?
“Simulation override.”
… Too much No Mans Sky.

@Polyphemus

How’d I do? :joy: Jokes are not my forte.

Here’s a song about haikus where they mispronounce the word forte cos holy crap, on topic and relevant for once

(all the lyrics are in haiku format)

9 Likes

13 Likes

Very nice Haiku, it’s beautiful in fact.

5 Likes

Waking Titan cries!
NO! No Man’s Sky cipher dies,
Liz dreams … OWS74E

6 Likes

Drifting amid clouds,
Below me lurk glass beings.
You are not alone

7 Likes

Perfumed toxic dawn.
‘Beyond’, see honeyed mists part.
Breathe deep, traveller.

6 Likes

forgive my prose…

Sometimes in the dawn.
The marble, afraid, is held.
It’s gaze absorbed by light.

7 Likes

thanks, just read the rules… I didn’t qualify. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

That was really nice! Don’t worry about the ‘rules’. They aren’t really rules and were written some time ago. I can’t seem to edit the header post, to broaden the advice to simply follow a ‘No Man’s Sky’ themed Haiku poem. No need to mention any specific words. Just keep to the Haiku pattern if possible. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Leader’s can edit it. What would you like to add or change? Type it out and one of us can attempt a copy/paste.

3 Likes

Shining timberland,
A horrible lion roars,
While watching me run

7 Likes