Freighter Tech

Has anyone found a way to increase Freighter tech slots? I have gathered freighter bulkheads from derelict freighter and it does not work. Is tech locked by Freighter class? If so, that does not seem fair since lower class ships have lots of tech slots.
My current B class freighter is stuck with 7 tech slots.

5 Likes

Make sure the bulkheads are in a normal inventory and not a storage container or it wont find them. If that’s not the problem, then maybe it is a class/model restriction? I’ve used a couple bulkheads since Waypoint to upgrade my S-class capital freighter to 24 tech slots (to restore some of the packaged tech). It looks like I can upgrade further, though I don’t know how far as I’m down to my last bulkhead.

7 Likes

I just tried on a C class freighter and it works for me (PS4). I had to move the bulkhead out of container storage into cargo before the “Upgrade Control” panel on the freighter bridge would show the “Add Additional Storage” option. From there I picked an unused slot in the tech area and it allowed me to add to it. I currently have 11 slots used on this C class freighter.

7 Likes

Ok. Thanks! I think they are in storage so I will try that as soon as I can.

2 Likes

Ok. Moving it into my pockets was the key. However, there does seem to be a class limit. I can upgrade the rows immediately below my already installed tech but not the 9 slots to the far right.

Thanks everyone!

5 Likes

5 Likes

Sooo. What does that mean, how’s your fleet coordinating now? No frigates getting damaged in flight anymore? more loot?

2 Likes

I don’t send out very many missions. Probably only had one ship damaged ship out of the last ten missions. Don’t know if it helps but I include multiple combat ships on the more difficult missions.

2 Likes

Are your frigates “S” class as well or lower? I’m asking because my freighter doesn’t have “S” stats (I need to check what my coordination value is) and I include 1 combat frigate per mission and one non-“S” class frigate, and I don’t even recall when I last had to go over and repair anything on them… Trying to get a picture how much impact these values have, I should keep statistics.

2 Likes

I have a mixture of ships. Usually send an “S” class combat frigate along on all missions also. Currently more interested in what the leviathans could bring back.

3 Likes

Tentacles. :fearful:
They bring tentacles. :fearful:

grafik

6 Likes

Well, you have to let your eldritch abominations have their fun every now and then. Tentacles and all…

I’ll leave now.

2 Likes

I have a problem: I can’t find the Research Station aboard the Freighter that this piece tells me to use. I have looked all over the freighter for one. Any suggestions?
(this may have to do with how blind I am) :eyeglasses:

2 Likes

I think that they can be used here:

6 Likes

@temp is correct. Use them there at the console on your Freighter to purchase Freighter parts which you may already have all of. Funny how changing the image for an item throws us completely off. I rarely remember what something is called by usually remember the image of it… then they change it…

5 Likes

Thank you so much!

I thought I looked in there but either I’m blind (yes) or I have all the updates already?

When I get in game later today I will quadruple check. :upside_down_face:

I know right? Drives me bonkers! lol

“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”, --especially when your time is better spent fixing the stuff that IS broke. lol

Editing this to say that I do have everything already. So I guess I will have to go find me a new freighter. :wink: However, the one I have now on this older save is a nice juicy S-class.

Thanks for the help.

2 Likes