Freighter Bug: Layout Not Saving

I have scoured the internet looking for a answer to this. I saved a freighter and purchased it several days ago. Talked to the captain and navigator and have even run several expeditions. However when I place anything down or create a layout the moment I teleport back out , or resummon the freighter the layout is completely reset again. I have tested this in the same save session . Where I add a few things to the frieghter , leave , go to a station , tranport to another of my bases . Resummon the freighter , reland and everything is back to default. It doesn’t seem to save any layout changes including control rooms. Please help. I am still new to the game but loving it. I welcome any feedback to what I am doing wrong.

2 Likes

Hmm, not sure in your case… When you rebuild your cargo containers, do they keep their contents? Do you get to keep the loot from the expeditions?

I have to admit, I have built a Portable Savepoint on my freighter (next to the exit where I see it before I leave) and I save manually after I change anything there. I haven’t officially heard of a bug here, I’m just overdoing it out of habit.

2 Likes

Thanks for responding. Yes I have even put in a save point and saved but anytime I leave system or go through a transport and resummon everything is back to default layout and nothing is saved.

I thought it might be the freighter so got another one , it did the same thing with the second frieghter. I put down layout pieces even refinery and such . Leave the freighter, and come back and it is all reset . No control room , no layouts nothing. Maybe I will try a new start file and see if that fixes it. Even though I really don’t want to have to restart .

3 Likes

Anything in this discussion that might help?

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Trabue. So sorry you are having this problem. Hopefully we can find an answer for you and make sure to report it to https://hellogames.zendesk.com
What platform are you playing on?

2 Likes

Since you tried the inboard Save Point and it did not work,

• try using a Save Editor (for ex. GoatFungus NMS Save Editor) and save your game once you’ve done your layout changes then check your time stamp again.
  • use the single player mode and not the multiplayer (generally more prone to bugs)
  • make sure that you got rid of all your mods if you’re using some (assuming you’re on PC) If it solves the issue, reload them one at the time to find the culprit and delete it.

Let us know the outcome … hopefully we’ll find a way to solve your issue before resorting to report it to NMS …

3 Likes

I would actually recommend checking your PC settings are allowing the game the neccessary access to save at all. If the time stamps in the directory are not changing, then your system may have the needed administrator access to save to those folders. I always set my game launch button to use admin access for this very reason. Hope that helps.

3 Likes

Steam cloud can work just the opposite of its intended purpose. I would turn it off and backup to thumbdrive often. That could be the cause. Ive forgotten the PC options since switching to Xbox, but I think there was a base complexity setting that should be set to ultra to see all of your base parts. Its in graphics section. That’s all I got for a couple more “maybes”.

3 Likes