Former Base Warning

This is interesting. I’m trying to build a base on a new planet, and the game won’t let me. Instead, I get this warning:

I am the discoverer of this planet - nobody has ever been here before. I already have two bases on the planet, but they are some distance from this site. They shouldn’t be interfering in any way.

I particularly want to build on this site because it’s a hot spot. I could build somewhere else, but it wouldn’t have the resources I want.

Any ideas?

4 Likes

Could be a mostly offline player with no uploaded base has already built on that spot without uploading… ?

4 Likes

Could there be a ‘wild base’ in the area?

3 Likes

I can’t see one. There’s no trace of anyone else having been here, or of any other base. Scans just show the hot spot. As I said, I’m the discoverer of the planet - I found it a few days ago.

3 Likes

I’m assuming you relogged?

3 Likes

I’ve removed the base computer three times, and tried to claim the base again, in slightly different positions, but all within 150u of the hot spot. I keep getting the same result.

I would rather not shut down the game right now, because I have a lot of hot spots located - it’s taken me hours, and the search results will be lost if I restart the game.

3 Likes

Will you lose the hotspot locations if you fly into space and back? Sometimes that will reset/fix some glitches.

3 Likes

From current experience, the hot spots I’ve found remain visible on scans and my compass bar as long as I’m in the current game session. Once I shut down and restart, they’re gone. I have to start again.

It’s possible to mark them with beacons - but you only get five per planet. I currently have the locations of some fifty hot spots. If I restart the game, I’ll lose most of them.

3 Likes

Needlessly more work, but could you use the suit’s scanner and the Current Location coordinates to eventually find your way back to the more important locations?

4 Likes

Yes, I suppose I could - and as you say, it would be extra work (quite a lot). It’s much easier to just follow the red markers that show up on my scanner. But in order to do that, it’s necessary to keep the game running, and not shut it down.

None of which is my actual problem.

My problem is that having chosen a hot spot as being particularly desirable (it’s the right resource, in the right quantities, in the right location), I find I can’t build a base to take advantage of it. The game won’t let me, and I don’t know why. :anguished:

3 Likes

Maybe an old left-over base registration from pre-NEXT, which never got cleared from the online database. How far away from the other bases are you?

Only solution I can think of, is to use a save editor, if it allows you to start a base at least reasonably close to the spot you want. Basically move away until you can place a Base Computer, then place a Beacon or any of the other portable tech used to ‘move’ (swap) the base computer in save editor. Then just keep moving your base computer until you get to the right location.

You will however have to restart your game, although I assume you have closed it by now anyway, losing all your hotspot finds.

5 Likes