Expedition 8 Polestar

Well, I posted one above in Expedition 8 Polestar - #69 by AdaRynin

They have less than a dozen rooms each, some have refineries or teleport terminals already in them, and many have gardens in them. Also a small decoration like a light can be there. I’ve seen one that had a hallway with one outside door on either side, followed by one catwalk each, and then another room each – so the layouts don’t necessarily make super sense. :wink:

Thanks! That matches my vague memory.

6 Likes

It also matches my own experience when I traded a freighter during the third last Expedition. I had expected to have to rebuild everything, but was almost shocked to see everything where I left it. I almost wondered if the transfer of freighters had gone through. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

MOVEABLE FREIGHTER BASES

When purchasing a new freighter, your existing freighter base is automatically transferred and reconstructed. In addition, freighter base layouts can now be reset at any time from the Freighter Upgrade Control terminal.

Source: Prisms Update - No Man's Sky

For the longest time we would always lose our freighter base when purchasing another. With Prisms this was finally corrected and would automatically happen upon exchange or new purchase. Inventory in any of the slots would never transfer, but had to either be done prior, or at the moment of exchange/purchase.

Now with the new updates, this freighter base transfer broke again. This should be considered a bug, with currently only a work-around available. If you leave any items behind in your freighter slots, it provides the option to transfer base. Normally we would ‘clean house’, but now you basically want to make sure you leave something behind if you wish to keep your base and have it transferred through the option provided. I believe dialogue should provide the option to transfer base, but in this case it will only do so as a warning because you left behind any items in freighter inventory.

Note: I would make a backup, as it may still fail to transfer. I have not tried it myself, but I have seen the many reports about it.

9 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to clarify that, @DevilinPixy .

I will be sure to not purchase any new freighter until the bug has been corralled again. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Mal and I finally made it through this expedition. Started really late, but some kind players made it easier by building helpful bases. Thanks to everyone who helped out us late starters! <3

11 Likes

I’m frustrated with this expedition. I’ve been fruitlessly looking for storm crystals. Graah

Edit: I’m stupid, I searched for a portal address. Now it’s finally done.

7 Likes

Yes. I always have issues with storm crystals. I wish they showed in the description when you scan the planets. Sadly, I can’t remember where I found mine.

Or you might try some other space station missions or Nexus missions

4 Likes

Storm crystals are found on planets which have “activated xxxx” where xxxx is copper/cadmium etc. Obviously you need to wait for a storm to occur, but that won’t be long.

Not sure I’ll be able to finish this expedition. Think I’m still on stage 3, maybe not even that far. Had to find another place to live, at short notice, which limits my time. Another week left, and I think I’ll run out of time to do freighter missions. Can we cheat and use save game editor? If there is a story to this expedition, it’s lost (for me) in the constant juggling and running around.

7 Likes

extreme worlds…look for activated metals…usually works for me

5 Likes

Save editor does work :smirk:

4 Likes

I knew that, but I couldn’t find a planet that had them. In the end, went to a portal base and typed the address of a known storm crystal planet

5 Likes

Another place to get storm crystals is the derelict freighters. They often come from the lockers or blue boxes. I don’t know the frequency but I usually come out with 5-10 crystals.

5 Likes

In the end i did a nexus mission to collect 20 storm crystals [not as reward], so l knew i would get to a correct planet,
Just collected extra as the 20 crystals get deposited and taken away to complete the mission.

9 Likes

I wish I’d thought of that for the previous mission! >.>

I got lucky with my storm crystal (I only ever needed one). I got it from a stack of twenty of those crystals you get from mining di-hydrogen.

7 Likes

Well, I finished just in time.

Didn’t realise I’d only put in 4 hours to get to stage 3 (seemed much longer) and the rest after stage 3 was reasonably easy. Got lucky on finding an abandoned ship to salvage at the first attempt at finding a transmission tower and already had a couple of hypercores from freighter missions. Huge amount of new stuff for freighters, and will be getting mine up and running as soon as I return from the real world.

10 Likes

So does it not end Sep 21st any more?

4 Likes

8 Likes

Sunday, 11th September 2022 11:00PM is the new date IIRC. They pushed it a day or so from when I last checked.

7 Likes

okay cause my game was saying 2 days I think…did it ages ago but still good to know. THANKS

6 Likes