Expedition 7 Leviathan

Just finished this weekend, I have never played Permadeath Mode before. I could never get off the planet in survival mode. So I was never going to try Permadeath. Had a rocky start but I got it. :sweat_smile:

Lot of angry Comm spheres at the end. :laughing: and the opposite.

7 Likes

Heheh! That doesn’t surprise me. :smile: And congratulations on your win! That takes a bit of gumption. :+1:

4 Likes

Wait, why angry comm spheres? They loaded very strangely for me (delayed after I had left sometimes or not at all) so I honestly ignored them.

Good plan.

@Polyphemus, did you find out what caused your Permadeath issues, lag or bugs that were fixed? I had the opposite “problem”, I swear the NPCs kept missing me, I have no idea how I walked out alive out of all these situations?! :sweat_smile: Of course the only plausible explanation is that I am a natural PermaDeath talent and I just never knew… :laughing:

4 Likes

I don’t think it was bugs - I think it was a combination of my elderly reflexes, HG not having fully thought through all the consequences of recent updates, and permadeath being, IMHO, a dreadful way to play the game.

But I have my whale. Let’s see what comes next :grinning:

7 Likes

Tier 5 at 52%…71%

4 Likes

Now that I think back to it, most were positive, there was a handful that said something about it being too hard. I apologize for the exaggeration.

5 Likes

Tier 5 - 75%
27 June 81%

6 Likes

Ah finally finished it. Was terrified during the freighter mission. I’ve never finished any, and certainly not in permadeath or survival mode. Kept backing up my save files when able.

10 Likes

Tier 5 at 88%…
1 July- 91%

5 Likes

Well what do you know? The final loop is nearly complete, just as the Expedition is due to end.

A cynical person might think the numbers were being manipulated, and not the result of player’s efforts at all.

12 Likes

I recorded the percentages on a daily basis but not at the same time during each day.

4, 7, 15, 21, 24, 27, 35, 43, 52, 63, 72, 75, 78, 81, 83, 87, 89, 91, 95, 99,100 .

10 Likes

Amazing tool by Khaoz Topsy and the NMSCD team for checking community mission percentages as a nice graph, available here.

Quick view for the current tier:

10 Likes

Dang, if I remembered my statistics classes, I’d calculate how improbable these curves are… :innocent:
It’s natural to see increases coincide with weekends (in the example above: 16-17, 23-24) or leisure time periods of the largest playing time zones. But the rest being linear?

At the same time, I understand why they do that, it’s a carrot on a stick for the ones who enjoy it, a symbolic progress independent of real-life ups and downs in player numbers, to not discourage the remaining motivated players prematurely.

This is alas a factor in multiplayer games, one day the first players realise there’s no longer enough players online to team up for the match/mission, which triggers a landslide of players dropping out and not completing missions, because they see that others are not completing missions either, etc. etc. I’m sure all MMORPGs use this method.

9 Likes

Whew, managed to finish after an “accidental” reset on Wed :man_facepalming:

Restarted and some late mights later got through to today when a last twist in the whales tale…

Summary

Heart stopping moments when i was reset by the leviathan …thought how much crueller have HG gotten :crazy_face:
Jumps of joy on game relaunch to find i had made it to the end :grin:

11 Likes

6 Likes

Now up to 97%, in about 7 hours after 96%.
At this rate, I’d say Monday is probably likely for some sort of release, unless they slow down the rate again, and an emoji later today.

5 Likes

Only 1% to go here. It should really complete today.

Loop Progreess1

6 Likes

steam deck was at anchor point 2 and started last night and finished this morning
Typing on SDeck is a pain
The one thing I hated in this whole process was the approximate location feature and the fact it was on terrible terrain. And it sends you in circles so you jump, fall, climb, fall, jump, fall only to find out the spot you are looking for is just a couple of jumps to left of where you started…

11 Likes

98% now

9 Likes

OK, now I’m confused. “Completes in 0%” - but still not complete?

Progress

8 Likes