Exotic Planets

Has anyone else noticed a difference in frequency of exotic planets in red star systems. Back when the initial 1.3 patch was released I would occasionally find an exotic planet here and there. Now it seems like every red star system I fly into over half the planets exotic. So far I’ve found one system with 3/4 planets were exotics.
I’m starting to wonder if this has anything to do with the data loss of the ARG, or maybe I have not been travelling to enough red star systems.

I can find them quite frequently on the system that you exit from a Black Hole. Almost every one of them after I come out of a black hole has exotic planets.

1 Like

A tale of 2 stories.
When I was in Budallanger after pressing ‘the button’ at the end of the story, I was finding exotic planets frequently.
Then I started a new game back in Euclid. I have only found 1 exotic planet so far. I have to add to that though, that I am exploring around my planet of origin and therefore, have not ventured far.

3 Likes

don’t go too far!!!
The ATLAS or EMILY will snatch you up!
If that happens you will never ever escape!!!

5 Likes

I find ‘weird-worlds’ at varying frequency. Seems a random thing: Bubble and virus worlds seem less common, while glass, iron shard, mechanospere and volcanic pods are all about even.
Can go 5 systems with nothing, then may find a system with one or sometimes more ‘redacted’ planets.
I believe they are indications of a failing simulation iteration but the boundary structure rings are still a mystery. Possibly gateways. Possibly fence posts in a larger containment system. Possibly portals for the large structures on virus and mechanosphere worlds.

5 Likes

One can only assume that the ‘nature’ of proc.gen dictates each journey to be a unique one!

• Some have come across various squid-ships - I have only found one :sob:
  • Some have found various diplos - I have only found one :sob:
  • Some have found S class Multi-tools - I have never seen one :sob:
  • Some have found exotic planets aplenty - I had to manually travel to Budullangr to finally see them all! - on that note I even found Sac Venom on a Glass/Shard Exo which I thought quite unusual.

So yeh I’ve got plenty to :sob: about, but what a 700hr journey it has been so far :smile: !

4 Likes