ETARC is now the CSD Forums officially

I’m liking the new theme as well but the editor eats my cursor… hard to tell where I’m clicking in it. But I’ll live with that for the time being. :slight_smile:

Being color blind, (mostly red, green, brown, with a mix of others being a slight problem) some of the items on the new theme are very hard for me to see so I went back to the old etarc theme. It’s much easier on my eyes and I can read everything again without straining my eyes.

Hopefully they keep both themes going forward. You’d be amazed at how many web developers don’t even consider color blindness when making web pages.

3 Likes

The color may be our fault, we voted for the color pink in the first phase of Waking Titan.

1 Like

It’s not one color inparticular, but how others show up in contrast with that color. For example, this box shows white typing on what I guess is a dark pink background…works perfectly fine, but the thread pages show lighter pink on darker pink (for new items to read). The yellows on a pink clash with my vision, and the orange on the pink, while readable, takes some effort.

Again, it’s not an issue when I can go back to old etarc theme the as that works great for me and I much prefer it to a bunch of colors all over the page but I understand the black on while isn’t for everyone so hopefully they keep both themes.

1 Like

The colour of the like button and ones next to it at certain positions when scrolling are hard to see when matching or close to the background colour

I will darken the colour for the bottom of the page.

2 Likes

I’m not sure the background is the issue, rather the colour of the buttons themselves, maybe if they were the same grey as the boarder on post creation or same blue as the post count?

Yes, very good to remember we have options. I too hope they keep that as I prefer something different depending on the light in the room. And this is not really pink it is more of a mauve or dusty rose :smile: but I really do like it.

2 Likes

Yay! This is exciting!!!

3 Likes

The “Mods” are lurking!!! Loving it!!
That was quick to fix the editor color and the change has resolved my cursor issue.
It looks like the Like, Share, More and “reply/was edited/posted” icons and info are a darker, or at least a lot more visible.
THANK YOU (BOW) MODS! :slight_smile:

Signed: Happy Camper

3 Likes

I’m really digging this new branding. Very nice.

1 Like

WOW! Still recovering from IRMA here in FL, just got back online and found this wonderful surprise! Thanks @oldgods. Encouraged to see coordination with Atlas Foundation and Citizen Science Division.

2 Likes