so 350K is aprox half way point
under 100K is still 10 jumps away
if we want 1 jump then needs to be 10K or less

consider
Greater than 500k
500K to 100K for a group
Less than 50K

3 Likes

So it’s Friday, and that means it’s poll time. We will be voting on Quadrant and Distance to Core this time. Please cast your vote when you are ready. After voting, please continue through the post, as a new update needs to be addressed.

The quadrant poll is simple. Space is a bit big to be worrying about neighbors, but keep it in mind here.
Hub Map-Branflaks

• Alpha
  • Beta
  • Gamma
  • Delta

0 voters

For the DTC poll I have decided to use broad ranges, except for the core.

• Greater than 500,000 light years
  • 500k-100k
  • 100k-10k
  • Less than 10k

0 voters

Finally, we need to address the recent discovery by @Mad-Hatter. He has found a most unusual star formation. This is an excellent candidate for the Hub. For anyone who hasn’t seen it yet:
https://forums.atlas-65.com/t/study-of-the-firefly-star-chain-cluster-anomaly/3382?u=xion4012

Personally, I love it. It’s strange and fantastic. Just what we’re looking for. What does everyone else think?

5 Likes

I will be working on getting a second character up and going to get to that location.

4 Likes

The Spacing Guild just wrapped up our first Hub Exploration Assistance Department (HEAD) project. We fully explored the Leirnoria Hub, exploring and naming nearly 2000 stars and planets!

Now we are ready and excited to start another HEAD project, so please let us know as soon as you decide on a location so we can help explore it!

2 Likes

Nice, working on mine as well. Just got my farm up and should be raking in the cash soon. See you there soon enough.

1 Like

Attention Everyone

I have temporarily closed the above polls to discuss @Mad-Hatter discovery, The Firefly Star Chain. It is a unique star structure, and is a perfect candidate for the Hub. It is at risk of being claimed by passers by, so we need to decide sooner rather than later. I will be starting a quick poll to decide if this is suitable to everyone else. In case you haven’t seen it yet: https://forums.atlas-65.com/t/on-my-way-to-the-pilgrim-star/3378/23?u=xion4012

Should we use the Firefly Star Chain as our Hub?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

We have a unanimous vote. 10/10 in favor of using the Firefly Star Chain as a Hub. The poll is still open, but it looks like this will be the spot. Once the naming convention polls have closed, we will be ready to move in. Keep an eye on those over here.

2 Likes

In anticipation of this outcome, I’ve made arrangements (opened and tested 3 portals) and drawn up a basic plan of integration so as to make for a smooth process.
Once a naming method has been decided, I’ll post the details in a new thread with guidelines and notes included. I can’t complete these details until we finalise a naming method.
If anyone has any specific input, please PM so I can try to implement all ideas.
It’s quite exciting isnt it ? :grin:

1 Like

Well, I was going to ask about portals, but you beat me to it. And a new thread is a good idea. The naming polls close in a week, so there is still time to make arrangements.

It is exciting :grinning:

As posted elsewhere, here is my discovery which I shall link to.

This first post shows pictures of the chain itself.

This one delves a little more into the chain providing much more information.

PRO’s

• Multiple coloured stars (See here for what you can expect to find)
  • Lots of planets in the chain to settle (14 stars = 60 planets + 5 Moons) & using my excel attachment and this Spectral Class link, you can get a feel for what is there.
  • Chain joins to large clusters of stars at each end so plenty of room for expansion
  • Not too close or not too far away from the centre
  • Located in a relatively empty part of the map
  • The chain cuts through empty space providing a link between the two clusters, this makes it very distinctive
  • The chain has a near perfect alignment

CON’s

• Delta Quadrant (Would this affect how many glyphs you need?)

Thanks for reading!

2 Likes

We have a contender for the Hub. Its star chain as well, but in a different location. Please familiarize yourself with the above location, and direct any questions to @Oshoryu.

Just a reminder, this is an ongoing discussion. Everyone is welcome, and encouraged, to put forth their candidates. However, to keep thing running smoothly and quickly, I will have to set some deadlines. So make sure to post your potential location here by Thursday the 9th. I will put together a final Hub poll and have it up for the weekend.

2 Likes

A screenshot of the star chain (and a name given as the discoverer) would help everyone in making a good decision between the locations.

Edit: I just found the link to the original screenshot. However, I still say giving a name would help as well.

2 Likes

I’m currently 150 jumps away, with 130 mil in my pocket and a warp drive theta for my freighter, which I have yet to purchase. Should be ready to move once we have a location pin pointed.

1 Like

The chain is located in a region called, “The Arm of Romocin” which does sound pretty good if i’m honest.

If I had to give it a name, I would go for, “The Gates of Aemilius”

The planet located at the bottom of the chain, (default name of Katarg VI) can be named, “The Low Gate” and, (default name of Rimyanc) at the top could be named “The High Gate”

I quite like the idea that to get from one cluster to the other, you have to traverse 14 “gates”.

Acquired a Theta Warp Drive for my freighter yesterday so as soon as I’ve gathered the 1000 solanium, I can visit any of the systems I listed in my attachment for initial scouting and picture gathering.

Based on the spectral classes, is there any I should be putting to the top of the list for exploring?

1 Like

I would like to know how many glyphs are needed to get to the area. Can you activate a portal near there? Just share the glyph with the largest value (not the whole address).

1 Like

I currently have the coordinates for a system one jump away. These can be converted to glyphs which I’ll share a bit later.

I’m planning a visit to the chain tonight to take pics etc. Looking at the previous excel attachment, where in your opinion should I visit?

Thanks

1 Like

I would choose one of the end stars, Rimyanc or Katarg VI.

1 Like

I can do that, I was planning on visiting one of the blue stars. Looking forward to sharing some pictures :grimacing:

1 Like

Just for reference, the star chain I located requires up to glyph 15 (the 'Y’shaped one).
I managed to open a couple of portals and test them.
I’m avoiding further investigation as my discoveries menu is getting hard to decypher which is which and I’m ellecting to monott name things until decisions are made.

1 Like

@Xion4012

I only had time last night to visit one system, the Solanium gathering for my Freighter Theta Warp Drive took a little longer than I’d hoped.

I did a, “Non-Intrusive Incursion” to Akungtung III, where I warped there, took lots of pics and reloaded my hard save afterwards… Like I’d never been!

Anyway, upon arriving in the system, planet scans indicated that they were all stacked with Cymatygen. Planet types seen were, Glassy, Malfunctioning, Decaying, Erased and one Viridescent planet that looked “Normal” I headed here.

Upon breaking the atmosphere I was immediately struck by it’s beauty. Oceans and land masses creating bays and rocky outcrops, it was not too dissimilar from my current Homebase planet for those that have visited.

I scanned for a Trading Post and landed, I constructed a beacon to scan for a monolith but sadly, nothing was found. One thing that I have come to know about these watery planets is that structures are more sparse, it’s true on my homeworld. There were some nice ships that landed at the Trading Post though.

Including this little beauty…

The weather was pleasant enough, but then the rains came, and the storms which seem to last an un-natural amount of time. I’d heard of Endless Rain planets, this comes close.

I activated the signal booster again and scanned for Habitable Base and it threw up a location which was nice enough. It, (also like my Homebase) commands great views of the sea, but the picture below fails to capture that due to the constant downpours.

Here’s some more pictures I took to not make my 2hrs 30 mins exploration feel like a total waste…

Finally, my favourite picture of the trip

It’s so frustrating because this world is absolutely gorgeous and is a joy to fly around, just let down by the weather! One planet out 60 done, 59 to go… oh and 5 moons.

7 Likes