[ETARC HUB]: Finding a Capital- Poll Closed

Really would like to see some suggestions from others as well. There’s still plenty of time to scout around and see what you like …

3 Likes

I would love to make a positive contribution, but I play on PC, and this seems to be almost entirely a PS4 thing.

I moved my base to the region of the ETARC hub (not in the chain, but nearby). I play in normal mode.

I’m only aware of two other PC players who have even expressed interest in the area. One goes by the nom of “HusbandVader”, and the other (who’s name I can’t remember, but who has established an ETARC base, but then apparently given up on the game)

On PC, there’s no-one else here. It’s lonely.

4 Likes

The PC and PS4 galaxies are separate, but I think the stars and planets are the same in the same position. If you have found any stars/planets in the chain that are interesting or unique on the PC side, you could post them here.

You bring up an excellent point though. I assumed we had more PC players than that, and they were mirroring the PS4 players. Hmmm…well, if you’re the only one out there, I guess the decision is yours. The PC players aren’t obligated to do things the exact same way as the PS4 players.

I bought a copy for the PC, but it didn’t play quite right. I should give it another go, an empty Hub is a tempting call.

5 Likes

There were more Etarcians when @SlowRiot4NuZero started all this. The census was around a hundred and I believe It was close to half and half PC and PS4. So I say build it and they will come, if not now, then next half of the ARG or the next update. The CSFD most active members are PC. They might be bothered to start a new save. Any PC travelers heading, @Polyphemus way to the Etarc Hub?

3 Likes

I have started a new normal mode game. Once I’ve built up the character a bit (skills, portal travel, and such), I’ll travel to the ETARC chain. If no-one else has done it by then, I’ll build a copy of the Capital base, and re-name the system. Then I can abandon the new game.

As you say, even if there aren’t a lot of PC players around now, there will be when 1.4 drops.

5 Likes

Sooo… I’m doing more surveys based on some of the input I’ve read in this thread and I came across something I’ve never experienced before in 1000+ hours of playing .

I’m out of Korvax Casings so my normal routine is to build a signal booster to visit a monolith to acquire one → build another → find monolith → find portal → repeat.

I landed on Yankangduiwa in the Liinak system and built the booster, flew to monolith and acquired my Korvax Casing. The area around was barren and I needed more iron for another signal booster so I had to fly away to mine some. Easy enough and I built another booster but it “found” the same monolith. I flew away just to double check and sure enough I was right, however, as I approached a blue light shot out of the top of it and exploded. I’ve never seen this before. Anyone else?

4 Likes

Whoa, its a SIGN! :rofl: Did you get the video?

2 Likes

I have a video of it but it won’t let me post it here. It’s not the original approach because it took me by surprise and I went after screenshots first. I quit the game to see where it would start me up and sure enough I was standing next to my ship and it went off again. The video is 1:18 and it shows everything back to the title screen but if you scroll to the end it’s there. I just need to figure out how to post.

1 Like

Maybe it is a sign!

There’s a base less than 4 minutes away on foot!

Here is a view from directly above the base. Hazy view of the portal in the lower left.

This planet has frequent hot storms, is freezing at night and it’s surface is shattered with canyons and caves.

It is somewhat barren but has it’s share of flora.

It’s also a Whipper-Snapper paradise…

2 Likes

Let’s see if this works. I had to make a youtube channel.

4 Likes

Yes. I’ve seen that a few times.
Seems the flare that you see shoot up out of the ‘interactive disk’ on monoliths (when you successfully pass the test) sometimes repeats the flare when you approach it later on.
It is like the ‘used’ monoliths reloads when you approach them and they occasionally shoot up the flare that was their last action.
Cool to see when it happens.

3 Likes

OK guys, I’d like to get the poll going for the capital. I will go back through the thread and look for all the possible candidates, but feel free to post any suggestion you want to see in the poll. I plan to get the poll up sometime in the next few hours.

There were suggestions in the Nadirin-Magar, Lefirdi-Ikoma, and Liinak systems. Take a look at the Star List for more info and other possible options.

2 Likes

How about revealing the Capital on Unification Day?

3 Likes

I did the rounds of the systems/planets listed in the poll & find myself unsure of which seems the most practical as a capital.
Yankangduiwa in the Liinak system has interesting colours & as @CrossID noted, has an exceptionally well placed portal but is lower down the chain.
Hoanagii Brovsk is the best placed planet for warp arrivals in the selection but is a bit bland.
The more popular choice (at this time), Hereidenttiet, seems a bit distant from warp arrival point to me & also seems a bit bland so I’m intrigued as to why it’s the popular choice…?
I recommend everyone take the time to investigate each of the poll locations so we are happy with what we choose. I noticed a couple of comms already placed by other explorers.

3 Likes

I feel like practicality was all we looked at in the candidates, which I think is why so many of them look bland. Also, most of the planets suggested by name were barren (desert) planets, which aren’t the most exciting biomes to begin with (still my favorite). That’s why I included Crocti and Iegfriesse as alternatives.

I am just as confused about Hereidenttiet :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

If anyone is dissatisfied with the candidates, feel free to say so (or pm me if you prefer). We can always re-poll with a different set of planets. While we have an unofficial deadline of the 30th, personally I would prefer we extend the vote if it means finding the right capital.

Sorry @Sir_oops, I did not mean to ignore your suggestion. If we end up re-polling, we should discuss it.

3 Likes

Yeah, when we considered criteria it was all pretty basic and practical. It may be we all need to be more flexible about some things … like gek, vykeen, or korvax. I’m open really, even to vykeen systems (or gek) if it expands more possibilities others can get excited about. :thinking:

1 Like

No problem, I didn’t want to confuse anyone with my suggestion, with an open poll and a few votes. I’ll restate since we may re-vote. Should we PM xion are choice for capitol? Then when the time comes, we can have a reveal party. Xion can tally the results and list who vote for what.

I’m still a ways off, almost to pilgrim star. I have two glyphes, hope I get it before Unification day. Anyway, I can only go on what has been reported… Wait, I’ll go on creative tonight. Was not thing that thru.

Any ways, again, why not extend our deadline. Then our establishment day (or what ever we call it) won’t be the same as Unification day. And we would have two holidays.

UPDATED:
I poked around the chain in Creative mode. I liked the red star system (discovered by xion) off the kink and then one called “Osborne ECSD” above the Penthouse. Unfortunately they are named. I thought above the Penthouse would be fitting, if you look at the chain as representing Edison tower and our capitol as the light bulb. Osborne also had 6 planets.

2 Likes

Well, I see three requests for a re-vote. It sounds like we need more time to look around, so I have closed the poll. We should all take this time to look around for alternate options. Again, any planet you may want to see discussed/voted on can be posted here.

@Sir_oops we did have a name chosen for the capital star, but we can always discuss the idea. Personally, I don’t mind losing the star name if there is a good planet for the capital.

3 Likes

How about a simple poll. might help?

I want our capital…

• off the chain above the Penhouse
  • on the chain towards the top, under the Penthouse
  • on the chain’s near the middle
  • Just on the chain, no preference
  • Just on the chain, roll a die
  • on the chain, above the Cellar
  • off the chain beneath the Cellar
  • off the chain with a view of it around the top
  • off the chain with a view of it around the middle
  • off the chain with a view of it around the bottom
  • Just off the chain, some where.

0 voters

Of course, this is just adding more criteria. What we need is serendipity, like the chain. @Mad-Hatter, was like, look what I found and everyone was like HUB! :smile:

1 Like

I applaud your enthusiasm @Sir_oops. I too am anxious to move us closer to taking another vote on a capitol system/planet.

However, I’ve been combing through the star chain just now (via the galactic map) … has anyone noticed that almost every system has been named and/or uploaded? I’ve even found some of the systems I discovered (but carefully did not upload or rename) which have been named and uploaded by other players! I challenge anyone here at the ETARC star chain to point out ANY system not renamed and/or uploaded which could be a capitol prospect … anyone?

2 Likes