[ETARC HUB]: Finding a Capital- Poll Closed

I should have just checked for myself :roll_eyes: Ok, portal found on Hoanagi Brovsk. The base is a 6 minute nomad ride away.

4 Likes

[quote=“CrossID, post:31, topic:3529”]
is a 6 minute nomad ride away.
[/quote
Excellent!!!
Good distance from portal. Good type of planet. In the right location.
Seems like a prime location to me.

4 Likes

Portal at Hereidenttiet. Base is a little over 5 minutes away with a nomad.

I’ve been leaving comm balls near the bases so people can find them.

3 Likes

Wasn’t it mentioned we should have a moon in the Capitol to name Mr(s). Noodles at some point way back.

Thanks for the scouting @tajay and @CrossID. Can’t wait to get there.

4 Likes

Bunssumburg-Groz portal. I didn’t bother building a nomad for trip check but it was 7 minutes less on foot than the last one so I estimate that it’s only about a 3 minute nomad ride. That covers the three currently under consideration. Anyone have more?

5 Likes

Excellent. It looks like Lefirdi-Ikoma might be the one. I suggest everyone take a look.

@Sir_oops the Lefirdi system does have a listed moon, Aikawa Gudetsiv. I don’t know which planet it orbits, but I think its Hoanagii Brovsk :crossed_fingers:

Edit: Confirmed. Aikawa orbits Hoanagii. This looks like a great candidate for a capital planet :star_struck:

4 Likes

Yes! You beat me to it. A very dangerous beauty it is.

5 Likes

I actually spent time there when we were scouting the Hub. I think I took this screenshot there. It had big floating stone ovals. My memory is a bit hazy, but didn’t we meet and make a monument there? Or was that somewhere else?

2 Likes

That happened on 11/16. I don’t think it was an EXTREME planet/ moon . I just remember how rare the encounter was. I feel like it was my first trip in the chain but it was “discovered” by you. My gut is telling me it was Adomag.

3 Likes

If it displayed I discovered it, I must have uploaded the find. I only uploaded a few systems, and I think they were around the mid point. I’ll have to go look now.

It looks like the planet Hoanagii Brovsk, in the Lefirdi-Ikoma system, will be one candidate. I think we should take a look at Nadirin-Magar for a possible second candidate. Or anywhere else in the chain, this is still a pretty open debate. The unofficial deadline of the 30th (Unification day) is still a ways out, so we have time to discuss.

2 Likes

Really would like to see some suggestions from others as well. There’s still plenty of time to scout around and see what you like …

3 Likes

I would love to make a positive contribution, but I play on PC, and this seems to be almost entirely a PS4 thing.

I moved my base to the region of the ETARC hub (not in the chain, but nearby). I play in normal mode.

I’m only aware of two other PC players who have even expressed interest in the area. One goes by the nom of “HusbandVader”, and the other (who’s name I can’t remember, but who has established an ETARC base, but then apparently given up on the game)

On PC, there’s no-one else here. It’s lonely.

4 Likes

The PC and PS4 galaxies are separate, but I think the stars and planets are the same in the same position. If you have found any stars/planets in the chain that are interesting or unique on the PC side, you could post them here.

You bring up an excellent point though. I assumed we had more PC players than that, and they were mirroring the PS4 players. Hmmm…well, if you’re the only one out there, I guess the decision is yours. The PC players aren’t obligated to do things the exact same way as the PS4 players.

I bought a copy for the PC, but it didn’t play quite right. I should give it another go, an empty Hub is a tempting call.

5 Likes

There were more Etarcians when @SlowRiot4NuZero started all this. The census was around a hundred and I believe It was close to half and half PC and PS4. So I say build it and they will come, if not now, then next half of the ARG or the next update. The CSFD most active members are PC. They might be bothered to start a new save. Any PC travelers heading, @Polyphemus way to the Etarc Hub?

3 Likes

I have started a new normal mode game. Once I’ve built up the character a bit (skills, portal travel, and such), I’ll travel to the ETARC chain. If no-one else has done it by then, I’ll build a copy of the Capital base, and re-name the system. Then I can abandon the new game.

As you say, even if there aren’t a lot of PC players around now, there will be when 1.4 drops.

5 Likes

Sooo… I’m doing more surveys based on some of the input I’ve read in this thread and I came across something I’ve never experienced before in 1000+ hours of playing .

I’m out of Korvax Casings so my normal routine is to build a signal booster to visit a monolith to acquire one -> build another -> find monolith -> find portal -> repeat.

I landed on Yankangduiwa in the Liinak system and built the booster, flew to monolith and acquired my Korvax Casing. The area around was barren and I needed more iron for another signal booster so I had to fly away to mine some. Easy enough and I built another booster but it “found” the same monolith. I flew away just to double check and sure enough I was right, however, as I approached a blue light shot out of the top of it and exploded. I’ve never seen this before. Anyone else?

4 Likes

Whoa, its a SIGN! :rofl: Did you get the video?

2 Likes

I have a video of it but it won’t let me post it here. It’s not the original approach because it took me by surprise and I went after screenshots first. I quit the game to see where it would start me up and sure enough I was standing next to my ship and it went off again. The video is 1:18 and it shows everything back to the title screen but if you scroll to the end it’s there. I just need to figure out how to post.

1 Like

Maybe it is a sign!

There’s a base less than 4 minutes away on foot!

Here is a view from directly above the base. Hazy view of the portal in the lower left.

This planet has frequent hot storms, is freezing at night and it’s surface is shattered with canyons and caves.

It is somewhat barren but has it’s share of flora.

It’s also a Whipper-Snapper paradise…

2 Likes

Let’s see if this works. I had to make a youtube channel.

4 Likes