[ETARC HUB]: Citizen Science Frontiers Division CSFD

I know the Spacing Guild is really busy with all their ‘projects’. Resorts/Visitor Centers, Centers of Excellence, H.E.A.D., Portal Visits and so on. Not sure how they fit in right now.

Maybe the idea of inspecting our Trans-Galactic Highway is a possibility in the Euclid (mostly PS4 though) would be a possibility. What is our idea for this ‘highway’ other than an outpost near each galaxy center? Should we have a series of interesting/useful planets along the path for each galaxy? Then the Spacing Guild (at least for the Euclid PS4 group) could come along and see how they liked our stopping off points/planets? Not sure how they fit into the rest of our mission though since they are mostly Euclid and almost exclusively PS4.

Just a few thoughts.

2 Likes

For the CSFD the road is for new members or resets to catch up to the front-line (zig or xion positions would be the front-line) and evenually the true center. We build on each others progress.

The highway for other pilgrims boils down to a quick interesting route to the true center, the toll begin the puddle jumping. As the road grow hopeful people leave communication station and bases along the way.

We do need points of interest, history like compact #1, com-balls left by CSFD nomads. Etarc was or is suppose to be established in the first three galaxies, if i remember right. So Etarc should be the primary points of interest there. The Amino hub, will be one. It would be nice if the Outpost were themselves interesting, not a series of dead planets.

With the extra, save slots I was hoping we could get the spacing guild to travel the whole road. I realized they were only in Euclid, that is why I was pushing for them to claim the outpost there. These compacts are another way to make the road interesting.

2 Likes

It’s hard enough building a strong community in this game without being spread across galaxies. That is why I cautioned you all about it quite awhile ago.

1 Like

I feel the CSFD is strong right now,

Now, ETRAC HUB time will tell,

1 Like

Yes but the problem is NMS encourages exploration and HG’s last big update made it even easier. The urge to see what’s around the next bend is just too great for some of us. If we’re going to travel, we might as well make the best of it and still have a sense of community along the way. Who knows, maybe we’ll be able to go back and forth down the road!

3 Likes

Instigator’s bi-weekly report #4

Frontiers-Nomads, Citizen Scientist, and Founders?

The ETARC HUB has two new Instigators @Oshoryu and @Xion4012, They have taking torches up from the fire started by @SlowRiot4NuZero the High-Instigator, who has been trapped in another simulation. We look forward to his return, may he find our work Good and blessed by the (choose your god: 16, Emily, Atlas, Todd, etc.). PLease, look and follow their topics…

We have approved the measure of “One Outpost safe rule”, This will ensure that any member up to 257 can claim an Outpost for the CSFD, and that any member can not lose all their claimed outpost. They will always have at least one reversed. My question for the CSFD now. is this an outpost of their choice or should we let this happen by natural selection?

• Member with approved outpost(s) can put there seal on one of there approved Outpost that can not be challenged.
  • Natural selection, Survival of the fittest. Let it happen naturally, whatever outpost is left last from one member.

0 voters

I have decide data entry for two list is to tedious. So, I have combined the two list TPL and OPL to just the OPL.

CSFD Outpost List (OPL)
List of all CSFD Outpost

We still need Outpost #1-6, and we missing #10. #10 may be an oversight by me.?

To see a filtered list showing only approved Trans-Galactic Highway Outpost go to menu bar |Data| then, |Filter views…| then, check |Trans-Galactic Highway Outpost|.

Current Trans-Galactic Highway Outposts?

BY GALAXY SYSTEM DTC PLANET PA
Red_Genocide 7)Budullangr ETARC Embassy #1 [BAH] 100 CSFD @zsigmond 30FF00007FFC
zsigmond 8)Kikolgallr CSFDSTATION-ZIG 3,001 NonexistentParadiseCSFD-ZIG 319201008001
zsigmond 9)Eltiensleen ETARC-Hezhou-GB-ZIG 3903 ETARC-Ubtsov-GB-ZIG 120302FFEFF7
zsigmond 11)Elkupalos ETARC=Osekin-Gb-ZIG 2,883 ETARC-SatKaray-GB-ZIG 11CA02FFBFFA
10)Eissentam
zsigmond 12)Aptarkaba ETARC-Umidak-GB_ZIG 3,201 ETARC-Muglinski-GB-ZIG 409003003007
zsigmond 13)Ontiniangp Dittenfe-ZIG 3,509 Goordteer Navis 2049FDFFE008
zsigmond 14)Odiwagiri CSFD-ATLAS-Remyachi-GB-ZIG 3297 CSFD-ATLAS-lodi-GB-ZIG 10BAFF004007

@Oshoryu is looking for #1

I am at the center of HIlbert Dim., ready to enter the center, I have one Outpost that is a candidate for #2. Take a look s.atlas-65.com/t/etarc-hub-csfd-address-reporting/3101/57?u=sir_oops If need be I will find more, I’ll see how this vote goes, and try to find more. The center of Hilbert isn’t as crowd as Euclid, but unclaimed systems are still hit or miss. Anyone know a way of checking the system before jumping there. The “Contact” thing seems hit or miss, also. I could always find a few non-CSFD member claimed candidates.

2)Hilbert Dimension, SYSTEM: ETARC Numenor Andondi, DTC: 3613, Planet: CSFD Mellon [ETARC HUB]: CSFD Address reporting - #57 by Sir_oops

• Approved
  • Disapprove
  • Find more, keep looking

0 voters

Zig is in #20 galaxy going onto #21, now. and is traveling at ludicrous speed. Here are a few candidates for Outpost from zig.

15)Ogtialabi none reported

16)Muhacksonto, system ETARC-Riasaki-GB-ZIG, DTC: 3,111 [ETARC HUB]: CSFD Address reporting - #50 by zsigmond

• |ETARC-Somaebvay-GB-ZIG|2088FE005046|hot|
  • |ETARC-Aifurmek-GB-ZIG|4088FE005046|Caustic|
  • |ETARC-Tiyindg-ExtremeSentinels-GB-ZIG|5088FE005046|Dusty, water world|
  • |ETARC-Horingar-GB-ZIG|6088FE005046|Hyperborean|

0 voters

17)Hitonskyer just system reported no planets

18)Rerasmutul, system ETARC-Nuangle-GB-ZIG, DTC: 3,038 [ETARC HUB]: CSFD Address reporting - #60 by zsigmond

• |ETARC-Bayase-GB-ZIG|3066FEFF8FFF|Extreme Hot Rain, Oceans, small islands|
  • |ETARC-Moon-Beppusia-GB-ZIG|4066FEFF8FFF|Acrid, toxic|
  • |ETARC-Zachron-GB-ZIG|5066FEFF8FFF|Hyperborean, nice place|
  • |ETARC-Uacosteini-GB-ZIG|1066FEFF8FFF|Arctic|
  • |Himaiut-GB-ZIG|2066FEFF8FFF|Toxic, bad place, extreme environment, sentinels|

0 voters

19)Isdoraijung, System: ETAR-Posakit-Rok-GB-ZIG, DTC: 3,204 [ETARC HUB]: CSFD Address reporting - #66 by zsigmond

• |ETARC=Humbutio-GB-ZIG|108B03003008|Floruishing, Good planet|
  • |Extreme-Fire-Storms-GB-ZIG|208B03003008|hot|

0 voters

20)Doctinawyra, System: Korrekk-Beda XVI, DTC: 2977 [ETARC HUB]: CSFD Address reporting - #67 by zsigmond

• Lyakog-Lukup Eyndenna, Desert, 107F00FFC007
  • Calamadeasoy, Extreme Sentinels
  • Ikeaksumen Farg, Extreme toxic rain
  • Licheloedko, Arctic, creatures want you for dinner.

0 voters

Well, that ones easy.

All other Topics still up for discussion, anyone can call for a poll for this week, next week no polls as usual.

Later,
:v::fist::love_you_gesture::call_me_hand:
Just another Instigator,
Sir Oops

Next report 11-6-17

Instigator’s bi-weekly report #5

What… I missed a week!!! :upside_down_face: This Sim is kicking my hatch! Sorry Nomads.

Well, it was an exciting week, We now have a Hub Home, see Etarc Hub Is Open topic , and a tagging conventions, see [ETARC HUB]: Naming Conventions - POLLS CLOSED - #39 by Oshoryu topic. The tag/naming convention for systems and planets outside of the hub is point 6, which is Non-descriptive. Basically we carry-on as usual. So, ETARC on system and CSFD on Planets as a prefixes. If anyone wants to deviate from this, 50 lashes and then you walk the plank… J/K, i don’t mind. We can vote on this if anyone wants too. ECSD as a suffix is the hub tag, if you want to use that, that’s fine. Make suggestions and i’ll make a poll.

On behalf of CSFD of Etarc, I would like to thank @Oshoryu, @Xion4012, @Mad-Hatter for stepping up. Also the Spacing guild and their leader @MacForADay, you guys make us look like Ents… Well, not Zig, maybe me. see ETARC Hub Spacing Guild H.E.A.D. Project

The seal of a Frontiers Nomad

We decided to give are members the right to seal one Outpost they discovered that has been approved by the CSFD. I will mark the outpost as approved(sealed). I believe we should allow them to move their seal as they wish, but they can not move to block all candidates. So, the seal is not to be used as a veto! I real don’t think we will have a problem. The seal is for protecting your favorite Outpost and keeping at least one. Oh, CSFD @zsigmond is sealed by contract.

Rights of the CSFD Nomad

• to vote public, and call for a vote on any topic. (bi-weekly)
  • to seal an outpost

Outpost polls

We Currently have an Outpost in Galaxy 2, 7-9, 11-14, 16-20. So, we still need one for Euclid #1 and 3-6 and 10 and 15 to have a complete road. If i could cover half the time Zig does we would have it.

#21 Loychazing

• ETARC-Akooitbil Aoti - GB-ZIG, Bountiful, 21AE03008001
  • Ipacahuman Aiocha, Acidic - did not find humans
  • Eleardigke Maiba, Fiery - Rare Fire Storms
  • ETARC-Borrarie Himer - GB-ZIG, Rocky, 604203008001
  • ETARC-Autugara Etma - GB-ZIG,504203008001
  • Smussetand Weverf, Moon, Dead
  • Lesenhusasj, Moon, High Temperature
  • Libordurup RY439 Extreme-GB-ZIG, 104203008001, Abandoned

0 voters

#22 Zukasizawa

ETARC-Ukuitlapuc-GB-ZIG, 1159FD008003, island world, Flourishing

• Yeah
  • Nay

0 voters

#23 Ekwathore

ETARC-L:ugreftruch-GB-ZIG, 505EFEFFA005

• Yeah
  • Nay

0 voters

Should we Sync Outpost names, when we can between platforms?

I see @Wyo has posted his first outpost canidtate in #7 Budullangr on PC. We currently have a Outpost discovered on PS4 by the Budullangr Amino Hub per Compact #1.

I see a couple possibilities,
One we sync. see If Wyo is willing to travel some more.
Two, Two roads one PC the other PS4. perhaps crossing points from time to time.
Three, Wyo miss the opportunity to discover an Outpost.

Help me out here guys, what do you think? Please, discuss.
I’ll try to get a poll up this week if not, in two weeks, if the need arises.

Later,
Just another Instigator,
Sir Oops

Next report 11-27-17

4 Likes

@Sir_oops, @MacForADay, you can keep those you like, If I put one place down for a Galaxy, that was the only place I found that was “OK”, my finds are for the center,

@Sir_oops, you mention using ETARC, I changed to ECFD , should I continue using ETARC?
I have only done one, that way consistency continues?

Thanks

P.S. almost to a new center!!! lol

3 Likes

Well, if you find one you like, you can seal it. :grinning: probably getting a head of ourselves, considering are low member numbers and activity. Oh, course, you keep me plenty busy, zig.

ECFD, is cool with me. Chances are if they travel our road they know who we are.:rofl:

3 Likes

Syncing the roads would be quite the task but with the ability to just jump to a location with mods, it would make it quite easy to emulate, though cheating it this way on PC may discourage those who’d like to do it the good old fashioned way and set themselves a goal, so really it’s up to those interested parties to figure out what works for everyone.

I do have the game on PC but I can really only commit my time to one at a time, haven’t played on PC since 1.3 launched. I’d be happy to try emulate the road on PC but I could only do it via super saijan instant teleportation, I would not have the time to make the trek manually.

Sorry I was absent for some of the big decisions made for the Hub, naming conventions etc, glad to see we went with Mad’s Star-Chain, soon as he posted that I knew we had to make that our home.

Just before I disappeared for those two weeks, I had come across a similar star formation made of two conjoined “star-lines”, and had mapped out the entire thing, I plan to share that with you guys once I have a detailed report and directions plotted out, might be an interesting landmark for those with wanderlust. I named one arm “Pilgrim Stream” and the second arm “Pligrim Strand” in honor of Pilgrim Star of course :slight_smile:

I plan to retire there once I have helped map out the HUB a little, i think the stream was composed of 23 systems and the strand had 19 :3

3 Likes

I apologize for how quick the location discussion was. The position of the Firefly Star Chain, and testing of the last of many people’s patience, made it an urgent matter.

Did you now? That’s interesting. I would love to see it. These star chains are interesting to me :thinking:

There was a short talk about a separate PC Hub, if that interests you.

3 Likes

One of my Spacing Guild members said they spotted another star chain while traveling to the ETARC hub.

2 Likes

I’m wondering now if they might in fact be intentional to aid hub dwellers. After visiting Amino Hub, I can see how a non-resident could spend hours trying to locate something in a scattered cluster.

1 Like

I’ve moved on into Kikolgallr. Let me know if there’s something specific you need me to do as I head towards the center of Kiko. I still need to put the system and region in for the last Budullangr planet I posted.

3 Likes

I’ll share the pics tonight when I get in, had too much fun working on a new base design the last two days I forgot to keep you guys informed!

2 Likes

Good job, Wyo. :sunglasses: I think as we go through each galaxy we should report systems that are helpful to our cause, not just interesting.

Things to report.

Thamium9 rich planets/terminals (@zsigmond or anyone, what is the highest qty, and lowest price you have seen Th9?)
traveler graves
freighters
freighter drive upgrades
ships
ships upgrades

We should edit this list and put it in order of importants as a group.

2 Likes

I rarely stop, when I do stop it is for minimal resources. till i get to the center, ETARC a system then jump,

2 Likes

Thanks Todd, but no mods or exploits, please. I believe we decided against it at some point. We really need the ps4 outpost sync to all zig pc outpost, right now. Anyone else have an opinion on the two roads vs sync?

2 Likes

That is a good thing, we need not search these things out, just if we stumble upon them report, please.

1 Like

Instigator’s bi-weekly report #6

My Steadfast Nomads of ETARC,

The true Center awaits, and with it the grind. The roads progress is slow, we have approved 15 to 257 outpost for Etarc and the CSFD in three months. The way grows, and with it we grow as a community.
Maybe not in numbers, but unity. With every poll, topic, and reply, we build a foundation. With every Leader and instigator a pillar. Come the next ARG and/or Update we will be ready for more members to welcome to are HUB and invite them to travel are Tran-Galactic highway.

Voting results, new outposts

| #21 Loychazing | ETARC-Akooitbil Aoti - GB-ZIG |
| #22 Zukasizawa | ETARC-Ukuitlapuc-GB-ZIG, |
| #23 Ekwathore | ETARC-L:ugreftruch-GB-ZIG |

Outpost polls

24)Yeberhahne-
-ETARC-Eachbaho Teske \ isotopic

• Yeah
  • Nay

0 voters

25)Twerbetek
-ETARC-Elverben-GB-ZIG \ humid, best planet for bases

• Yeah
  • Nay

0 voters

26)Sivarates
-ECFD-Nodoukoye Fugie-GB-ZIG \ rocky

• Yeah
  • Nay

0 voters

27)Eajerandal

• -ETARC-Agesmechn-GB-ZIG \ Glacial
  • -Buqinhot Edluz \ Foresaken, Agressive Sentienls
  • -Izaraeni Imdar \ Dead

0 voters

28)Aldukesci

• -ETARC–Gwerkpa Ayusher-GB-ZIG \ Glacial
  • -Vinkan-DEAD-GB-ZIG \

0 voters

29)Wotyarogii

• -ETARC-Moon-Mundata-GB-ZIG \ scorched
  • -ETARC-Moon-Imaxixonola-GB-ZIG \ best for bases

0 voters

30)Sudzerbal

• -ETARC-Mibosolatuswe-GB-ZIG \ Viridescent, refreshing breeze
  • -ETARC-Fohloeilatec-GB-ZIG \ lush, blistering floods shows extreme but never shows, extreme storms,

0 voters

31)Maupenzhay
-ETARC-Uokarsong-GB-ZIG \ Overgrown, island world,

• Yeah
  • Nay

0 voters

The next one is are duplicate Candidate we discussed last time. How we vote on this will determine if our road is sync, varies, or two roads. Syncing names maybe impracticable. so when I say sync the road I mean addresses.

07)Budullangr
-Prehistoric Splendor - (CSFD) \ Humid, Typical sentinels, Infrequent Flora (but lush meadows), Rich Fauna (14 species), Star Bulb, Cymatygen, Iridium, Heridium

• Yeah, I want two roads, so 514 Outposts addresses.
  • Yeah, I want one road, but some variation between PC & PS4 is okay.
  • Nay, I want the roads Sync the same address PC or PS4. only 257 outposts

0 voters

Well, just thought to put in the two address…

User location is Prehistoric Splendor - (CSFD) and Compact 1A is the location of the to be embassy.
Hey @Red_Genocide could you take @wyo’s address (07FF:007F:0809:0147) if it is in your hub and make that are PS4 Outpost per compact #1, then we would have are first sync’d outpost at least by address, if not in name.

Later,
Just another Instigator,
Sir Oops

p.s. I’ll close the last poll till we get a response from Red.

Next report 12-11-17

4 Likes