Endurance update (3.94+) - discussion (possible spoilers)

Anyone else having to put up directions on their freighter? This way to the Mess Hall

This way to the Bridge

I have made the hall from the Bridge a trophy display of sorts with the badges from the Expeditions

10 Likes

I made mine (pirate save) asymmetric & colour coded.

Corridors are blue, storage is black/red, tech is yellow.
From the bridge I pass 2 Fleet Control rooms on my right.
Then it’s a junction with a curved corridor toward ‘private’ quarters (legacy style) to the left & a corridor towards storage to my right (also legacy style) & a galactic terminal room in front.

Following the corridor past the mass of storage rooms leads to a bulkhead door.
This then leads down a main corridor with glass corridors on the left, spaced apart, each with a tech room.
This main corridor ends in a large green area for plants.
There is a ‘back door’ out to a catwalk & platform in the ‘back yard’.

By bulding asymmetrically & using specific colours it is very easy to orientate myself.

My ‘big, legacy’ save is so far untouched (to avoid bugs) & will be an absolute headache to upgrade as it is a frustrating labyrinth already :scream:

9 Likes

Dunno if anyone mentioned this already, and it is in the patch notes so not a secret, but the previously totally useless biofuel generator that was a “have to build it for the mission but immediately scrap it” is now a useful thing.

6 Likes

8 Likes

… we now need a displayable (HUD?) map for the freighter! (smh)

7 Likes

Things I’m liking:

1. Asteroid fields - lots at your immediate disposal and leaving large area of space uncluttered.
  2. Space Station - no longer a mass exodus when I land.
  3. Freighters - becoming more interesting and more than just mobile storage containers.
12 Likes

Oh! Lovely! Yay! :heart:

6 Likes

Posted on NMS FB page:

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes
5 Likes

UPDATE: It appears that the discovery servers are back online for now. They came up for 5 minutes prior to this too, only to go out for 2 minutes after that. Whilst the total outage time and the reason is unknown, they do appear to be running stable for now…

6 Likes

After the server outage yesterday, I decided to add a public monitor for all of the servers (apart from MP, working on that) as well as the NMS Website. Everyone can check it out here:
https://stats.uptimerobot.com/E1w5ZHlJM9

8 Likes

@ThatBomberBoi
Excellent and highly useful.

Question: What is the NMS Images server used for?

4 Likes

Thanks! Me and the rest of the Team are actually working on an improved status monitor now, with an accompanying Twitter bot for notifications :slight_smile:

Ah, we genuinely don’t know since it’s always 404’d ever since we started documenting but, it’s on the monitor for now in case HG ever decides to re-enable it. Our best guess is that it was used to store uploaded base images, but we can’t be sure :person_shrugging:

5 Likes

Another stamp for the trophy hall.

I know most people are excited over the flaming barrel, but the other things we got are very nice too.
This chart holder.

and this data board

13 Likes

I love the flaming barrel. It gives lots of character to the pirate stations. But I really do like the data board more.

The old data boards/panels(cant remember what they are called in-game" had a minimalist look that worked for the game when the game had a more minimalist aesthetic but now that nearly everything has been updated cosmetically with more details, the old data panels are starting to look a little dated next to everything else so these new data boards look a bit more fitting.

7 Likes

Looks like dimensions to build in have changed in height with one of the last updates.
Max height is now 15 rooms/corridors, although it is possible to put a ladder into a corridor at that top level, to have it create another space on top. Nothing really attaches to it though, so I am not including it in the count.

The outer edges shown in yellow/black, are legacy rooms attached, where the new rooms/corridors for some reason do not fit. This therefor makes it the following totals:
New Rooms/Corridors: L x W x H = 21 x 19 x 15
with added legacy edges: L x W x H = 22 x 21 x 15
Note: In the images below, the ‘bridge’ is located at the bottom (facing towards the back of freighter)

13 Likes

Jumped into my 1200+hr Legacy save to see what has happened to my beloved Capital Ship.
Always scary firing up the Legacy save after an update… that’s why I wait a bit.

Fortunately the bridge, (which was decorated with lots of plants, ET style & was nerfed not long after), is still mostly intact.
I’d expected it to be completely wiped.
A couple of items are gone & there are a few overlapping bits but overall its the same old bridge I’ve had forever. Very happy :grinning:

Another plus, is the front-most room, which had been collision-glitched since December 2018, could now at long last be built into & the offending decorations finally deleted & the area rebuilt. Yay! :grinning:

All my storage rooms were automatically upgraded & colour coded in the new style as are all my Fleet Control rooms.
I decided to keep the old Exocraft Signal Room & built the new one alongside for nostalgic reasons.

My upstairs area which was full of planters is still intact but I notice that the planters are now no longer in the freighter’s build menu so I’ll be keeping my old circuit board farm just the way it is.

So after a small amount of reconfiguration allowing for the newer tech rooms, my ancient Capital Ship is ready to once again travel the cosmos in her new revamped format.
Thank goodness for the huge pile of horded Salvage Frigate Modules :laughing:.

Edit: To clarify detail.

8 Likes

Currently downloading 2.2 gigabyte update. What’s that about?

4 Likes

soon to be 3.99…the amount of fixes they are doing gonna be hard to stay away 4.0/…maybe 3.99.1, or 3.99b…

8 Likes

I wonder if they are sneaking in some 4.0 files in advance too.

5 Likes