Element 5 unlocked

Solar flare caused frequent gas erruptions

Oh. Ooooooohhhh. That makes more sense. WHich would imply environment-dependant planetary surface events. That would be mindblowing! :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for that, I wish I could like but Iā€™m not allowed to right now. I wonder if solar flares and gas eruptions(possibly in gas giants) will become a thing in NEXT. Possibly new missions for the Korvax(and surely the other two races as well presumably). Beyond that mentions of nanite infested battlegrounds could suggest thatā€™s what weā€™d get out of killing someone in PvPā€¦at least thatā€™s what it sounds like to meā€¦you donā€™t just rob them of all they have, you get some nanites. Also ā€œsignificantā€ valuable ore" sounds interestingā€¦could be something new.

Not much else there to chew on.

2 Likes

Thorough Mineral analysis procedure failed to record elevated radioactivity
Contaminated Material Loose in the hold
Multiple Components Burnt

3 Likes

@sheralmyst Also I think it says at the very top
ā€˜Signs of highly equippedā€¦[unintelligible]ā€™ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The list that sheralmyst posted is definitely better than mine. Never trust the ears of a drummer! :smile:

After multiple listenings, I am however quite certain that these are not completely disconnected mutterings. They are an outtake of a ships log on an exploration mission that ends with the ship being damaged and returning home to the fleet. I am very sure that all activities are in past-tense.

3 Likes

Anyone good with spectrographs? Anything to find there?

1 Like

ā€¦canā€™t stop it (her?)
??? completed
solar flares caused frequent gas eruptions
crew completed their work with minimal loss of life
collected minerals highly valuable
assisted korvax with industrial mission
special salvage crew performed cleanup on nanite in ??? the battlegrounds
nanite (core?) contained
harvested valuable scrap
found large mineral deposit during planet survey
collected significant valuable ore
full mineral analysis procedure failed to note (animated?) radioactivity
plutonium materials loose in the hold
??? components burned
returned home to the fleet
assumed formation at capital ship
collected dataā€¦(strange noise?)

2 Likes

my edited version

_.solar flare cause frequent gas eruptionsā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.
crew completes their work with minimal loss of lifeā€¦ā€¦ā€¦
collected minerals highly valuableā€¦
assisted Korvax with industrial missionā€¦
salvage crew performed clean up operation overnight/infested battlefieldsā€¦
???were contained, nanites were contained, harvested valuable scrapā€¦ā€¦
.found large mineral deposit during planetary surveyā€¦
collected significant valuable ore field mineral analysis procedure failed to not animated? radioactivityā€¦contaminated materials loose in the holdā€¦thrust?
components burnedā€¦returned home to the fleetā€¦
assumed formation on capital shipā€¦.
erupt???

4 Likes

I would think more like unpredictable geysers on hot planets under certain circumstances. Sounds tons of fun, especially considering that if that is there, itā€™s probably not the only thing of this kind. Now Iā€™m starting to get excited. Screw multiplayer, give me some emergent gameplay! :slight_smile:

1 Like

at the end I hear, returned to the fleet assumed formation ā€˜ofā€™ capital ship. Maybe Iā€™m a bit deaf :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree, screw multiplayerā€¦but I think the gas eruptions are likely related to gas giantsā€¦weā€™ll presumably be able to fly in them and doā€¦errā€¦stuff? Maybe collect rare gasses and so onā€¦but weā€™d have to be careful not to get caught up in gas explosions of some sort.

Iā€™d just like to point out that solar flares are gas eruptions. Not to burst anyoneā€™s bubble.

4 Likes

Itā€™s not impossible, but they would have to come up with some pretty clever ideas for stuff to do there. And clouds. Theyā€™d basically need the bestest cloud engine ever. Because there wonā€™t be anything but clouds.

I think it says ā€œassumed formation of capital shipā€ā€¦that could mean a number of thingsā€¦like our freighters being able to have their own convoys of NPC ships, or multiplayer allowing people to warp together, etcā€¦

2 Likes

I think we already heard the new suit voice in element 4. This is just someone reading a log, but with major audio distortions. At least IMHOā€¦

3 Likes

yeah hang on till i grab my tinfoilā€¦or a modular ship

1 Like

Can someone record the sound file on a Youtube video please so I can hear it and add it to my playlist for posterity?

Not really, no. They are quite often accompanied by material ejection, but not caused by it. The actual flare consists mostly of radiation as well as some particles.

1 Like

Star ejecting ionized particles

1 Like

But the quote speciffically ā€œsolar flares cause frequent gas erruptionsā€ā€¦meaning that these are erruptions caused BY solar flares, NOT gas erruptions that cause solar flaresā€¦meaning that the erruptions would be caused elsewhere.

1 Like