Echo-64.com Compilation Post

:notes: the memory of a lifetime. Rekall! Rekall! Rekall! :musical_note:

1 Like

Jas anyone made any progress on the Dropbox potential file (from the careers page) - what are people working on?

There are a fair few companies and products out there called Rekall, and the one at http://www.myrekall.com/ has a logo quite similar to the one in the echo-64 page. But to be fair, that is most likely a coincidence based on the name and recall is to do with memory

1 Like

Completely missed my point there, but @YankeeWhite knows what’s up. :smiley:

Open your mind.

Open your mind.

Ooopeeeen your miiiiinnd.

1 Like

Sorry for the double post, but holy shit, how did I forget where the original film was set?!

This changes EVERYTHING.

Just learned about Waking Titan, book 2 in the Ruins of Mars series. There are so many references and cross references in all this! My head is spinning.
https://forums.etarc.org/t/the-ruins-of-mars-waking-titan-the-ruins-of-mars-trilogy-book-2/428?u=yankeewhite

2 Likes

This probably not relevant, but, on the homepage, in the hexagon there is the $ for USD whereas on the “History” page, on the little tab that talks about money, it shows the Euro symbol (€).

It probably means nothing, but it seems rather odd that there is that inconsistency. I suppose they do posit themselves as an international company, but maybe someone will have a theory regarding the reason.

1 Like

My theory is different people worked on different web pages. Unless told otherwise, we naturally default to known wordings.

Just like in online games: Those from North America tend to pass other players on the right and players from the UK/Japan tent to pass other players on the left…it is what we default to in life.

TQQdles™

Wow, you’re right. From the book’s description: “…it is Braun, the team’s AI, who truly sees just how far the influence of the mysterious race has reached. Echoing through time and space, a force drives Braun far from his programmed limitations and into a reality that is fractured and broken.”
An AI that moves beyond its limitations? That sound like what may be happening with the echo-64.com Echoes. Into a reality that is shattered and broken sounds like how this other reality is slowing leaking into ours. This whole thing definitely sounds like it was inspired by or even based on this book; not to mention it has the same name.

There is also another greek myth regarding echoes

1 Like

Dropbox was a mistake, the remnence of wordpress code from an older site which used the same style.

1 Like

I think you should delete this info before anyone here spams this poor person. Those links seemed to occasionally retain contact info that was filled in by others (saw it a few times myself with different contact info). I’m 99% sure they are just other people like us looking into every nook and cranny of the website we can find.

I just noticed under careers that the requirement for the position is to have Alibabbi Cloud Computing Platform experience. I at first just figured this referred to this: Alibaba Group - Wikipedia. Then I realized it was misspelled. So I did a search and there is no such thing as Alibabbi Cloud Computing.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be referring to? Is it just a typo?

I believe it’s just content filler

I think they just use fake/similar names to real companies to avoid any kind of trouble for pretending to have business relationships with them.

1 Like

There are a number of instances like that on the site (HIPAA vs HIPPA and others) - I suspect it is either as mentioned to prevent entities not involved in things from being dragged in, or it has to do with the whole aspect of these sites not being in a finite state for a period of time and then suddenly popping up with a “history”

Has any one cracked this yet?

found here: http://www.echo-64.com/?s=prism

112 97 115 116 101

47494638 3961A001 9C01E600 00262626 25252559 8252CF00 FF7E7485 C700FF00 90005F80 5A009500 008C00AB 4CDA9763 B19268A6 717A7100 9400A94F D7BA2BFF 9A61B800 8E00C900 FF85718E BD1CFF58 82508C6B 9C82728B 9564AD78 777B9E5D BD0D8A14 A259C62B …

Yeah, you should get that anytime you search anything. The first five say paste, and the rest lead to the link to the gif that gave us the Hamlet quote.

Yes, it leads to a Shakespeare quote “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so” from Hamlet Act 2 Scene 2