Dreamers, Elizabeth, and Echo (Bottled Brains Optional)

Could be why last status command let us know the rest of the passes are on their way, hopefully we will get the 2nd decrypted file this weekend and a new reveal, looking at there’s 5 reveals left that almost take us to release and a trailer, if they reveal one per week

1 Like

Huh… yeah, missed that. Looks like they’re trying to simulate a low-level you to jump in for you when you’re dropping out. But it still seems very low-level. They’re only talking about the memory state, not about the state of the whole neural network. Then they feed that into a generic algorithm that tries to emulate your behaviour, but not your mind as far as I can see.

1 Like

When the physical backup nodes Alpha turned offline, 14 people died in Beijing.
There is a chance that the 12 are in Beta, Delta orEpsilon .

2 Likes

Well, we could argue the finer points all day. We don’t actually have a lot of information - we’ve deliberately only been fed hints and tips.

The way I see it, if they can access and alter your memories (and they do), and they can access and alter your mental processes (and they do), and they can upload or download these things, either in the original, or in an altered state (and they do), then they have total control over who and what you are.

By my reckoning, your personality is a combination of your memories and your mental processes. If someone can control both of these, then they own you. Totally.

But, you know, I could be wrong.

5 Likes

How many tr//v;rs have we met that told you that kzzkt… would kill them if kzzzkt… ?

Does that fit in here somewhere?

And the whole thing about Tra;v//rs being punished in some ways for showing free will and questioning things?

1 Like

Hmmm…
People hooked up to machines.
Mental data read/copied into the machine
People are stuck in the machine/program
When people get disconnected, they die(except Arnaud)

We’ve talked about transference aswell before. Has anyone ever thought that maybe the machine might not just be taking the users mind, but also replacing it with another personality? More specifically, the machine wants to be human and is trying to place itself in people?

3 Likes

For Ware tech to work, it would involve a combination of low level imput from the headset to the individual to use their mind to create the experience and a downloaded copy of the users memory for the Ware system to utilise as a base for creating that experience.
Essentially uploading a persons individuality to be used as a base program using the individual’s life experiences (memories) to create the dream experience. It would have to be uniquely tailored for each person.
I think it would be similar to how the Matrix movie portrayed the system interaction: Once the experience becomes an interpreted reality, suddenly disconnecting that individual will likely currupt the data flow and destroy the individuals mind.
Epilepsy is known to damage memories and it is essentially an ellectrical overload of the mind. Ripping a Ware headset off midway through the experience would be similar.

3 Likes

What a delightful idea! >.>

Ah. Now. That’s a whole other can of worms.

There’s one scene where a Traveller waves their sword at you, and challenges you to tell them who your Lord is.

There’s lore (I think from a crashed freighter) that talks of war between empires we’ve never heard of.

It seems clear that some iterations took very different directions from the one we know.

Then there’s the whole business of Telamon. Your suit AI is much more than it appears to be. And although it promises to protect you “right up to the end”, it pointedly doesn’t promise to do so at the end.

Your suit AI cannot be trusted. It may actually be an enemy.

4 Likes

Also some forms of Alzheimer’s and some Thyroid conditions if left untreated long enough.

I used to know all the things that could damage memories. But I’ve forgotten…

10 Likes

Perhaps the individual’s backed up memories actually is a transference of the individual (possibly entirely unintentional) and this is what creates the Echoes (or a prototype) we know about from last year.
Could have my dear recently departed relative on a USB stick. That’s beyond creepy. :scream:

5 Likes

In light of which, see Emily’s closing video from phase 1. “I’m real enough to talk to you, but not real enough to share a cup of coffee”.

5 Likes

Yes! And actually challenges you to a duel iirc. 14th Century? Charming chappie.

Again, yes!
I also notice that it tells you a storm is about to begin about 5-10 seconds after your suit/shield starts to drain…

6 Likes

_

‘‘they have total control over who and what you are. By my reckoning, your personality is a combination of your memories and your mental processes. If someone can control both of these, then they own you. Totally.’’

_

You just described my mother! :hushed:

6 Likes

By the way, the Myriad Uplink is supposedly having an update as found by the new STATUS command on Waking Titan. New Myriad commands? Or Sleeper memory defrag?

1 Like

Just think of the future: “Mom do we really have to boot up Grandma for Thanksgiving she always gives me a small slice of pie”.

4 Likes

Reminds me of altered carbon, where whatshername uploads her dead granny to a dead convict against the will of her mother for celebrating the day of the dead :smile:

4 Likes

Hope this uploaded ok. All this mention of uploaded mind etc reminded me of the myriad immortality drive. What if they are using myriad’s immortality drive to upload the dreamers and if they “expire” the upload is sent out of orbit. “This module can be pre-set with a dead man’s switch to fire at the nearest habitable planet, allowing your lineage to expand across the stars.” Could this have been the start of the sentinels or the other races??

7 Likes

@LordMarkov
What if, when you died in Permadeath mode, your game was not erased. What if, instead, your traveler was instead sent to the World of Glass, forever trapped in it.

@kurv
That is an interesting idea. If we are unable to save the Dreamers then I will not be surprised to learn that sending them out of orbit is what happens. However, I am interested as to how the Immortality Drive works…

• How does Myriad find an inhabitable planet when none have been discovered yet?
  • How can Myriad send the DNA to a planet? It would take a long time literally forever to get there, in human years.
  • I wonder how they plan to keep the bio-matter intact for a thousand decades. I mean, the satellite could fail, collide with debris, the bio-matter could decay, etc.
  • How are they GROWING ORGANS AND SHOOTING THEM TO EARTH on a satellite? I want one of those!
  • What do they do to turn, like, blood samples and hair into a person?
    Thank you for listening to my half-conscious ramblings.

The Atlas was a dreamer :open_mouth:

1 Like