Datamining (Maximum Spoilers)

In the notes:
Either path will permanently impact your relationship with the Atlas.

be interesting to see how this works in the future.

5 Likes

Option a) The Atlas will return you calls
Option b) the Atlas has started screening and blocking your calls

Now I get why this was released the day after Valentines Day. For Immersion of choice.

6 Likes

lots of nice fixes. but it does feel very smallā€¦lets hope we get some sizable ones this yearā€¦or more frequent Expeditions.

4 Likes

This isnā€™t datamining, but I just had a huge realization. Maybe some or even all of you realized it already. Hermetic seals are a real thing that was named after the Greek god Hermes, who, of course, is also known as Mercury in the Roman pantheon. Mercury is also an element whose chemical symbol is HG. So this is yet another time where Hello Games have hidden a reference to their studio in the game.

What is Hermetic Sealing? | Glass, Metal, Epoxy & Plastic Seals.

6 Likes

I honestly donā€™t think that was intentional. Hermetic seals are a thing in spaceflight, as your link points out. Itā€™s so common as a word that most people donā€™t even make the connection to Hermes. In that context, Hermetic is just the word for ā€œnothing gets in or outā€.

4 Likes

Funny enough, people with Herpes should follow the same principle '^_ ^

Should you come across an Herpetic Sealā€¦ maybe leave it where it is.

Oh feck, I used to work in Pharmacy and realised I could have been calling cold sore patches ā€œherpetic sealsā€ this whole time.

Even with all that ARG stuff with the Mercury Process being allegorical to the studio and the game, I never once copped the chemical symbol also being HelloGames XD Iā€™m sure that was the leading connection during the ARG and it totally went over my head (or straight in to the pit of forgotten knowledge to be rediscovered)

5 Likes

Thanks for the mercurial Easter Egg reveal. HG devs are a clever and playful bunch! I suspect thats intentional vs. accidental.

3 Likes

I thought that was a universally accepted reason for why the ā€œMercury Processā€ was called that. Itā€™s partially how I came up with ā€˜Mad-Hatterā€™ as hatters were supposedly sent loony because of excessive exposure to Mercury. :crazy_face:
Iā€™ve long thought that Hello Gamesā€™ take on the industry was fun & unique: from Seans overexcited pre-release talks, the controversies that were gradually eroded away, the rather unique fan base, the strangeness of NMS with & the interconnections that are easily missed in how everything is cleverly interlinked.
Iā€™m really interested to see if LNF is going to be in itself another carefully linked environment, laden with easter eggs from the very similar NMS universe.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Iā€™m sure itā€™s a google translate error but what the hell are Resorts in the nms universe en France?

5 Likes

Happy cake day! Update is on PC

3 Likes
5 Likes

Im late today i know

ICONS

Strings

7 Likes

Better late than neverā€¦though I did get a bit anxious when this thread was sitting idleā€¦ :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I have updated the Quicksilver Items

5 Likes

ICONS

STRINGS

5 Likes

Still zero statues for the Vyā€™keen after all these years. Iā€™d like to think Hirk and Nal were at least equally important as blobsā€¦ Blobs are pretty cool tho.

6 Likes

So are we getting the ability to build shuttles snd solar ships?

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: NMS Worlds - Datamining (Maximum Spoilers)

This topic will be archive, please carry on in the new topic below:

1 Like