Datamining (Maximum Spoilers)

I agree.

The Atlas was abandoned because it was too big. Not portable.
If Void Mother was created in the image of Atlas, perhaps it too was too big…perhaps they are trying to create a ‘portable’ version. What better way than by giving it a physical mobile form.

3 Likes

You may have something there - according to Remembrance, the Atlas “assisted in its own miniaturisation”. What did the Atlas make that could replace itself?

2 Likes

Miniature Atlas - Laylaptops

5 Likes

You know, NMS could use a real tear jerker moment. Maybe Laylaps will sacrifice itself to destroy the Void Mother. :rofl: :flushed: :scream: :sob:

3 Likes

I just realised that in architecture, an “Atlas” and an “Atlantid” are two names for the same thing… :thinking:

5 Likes

And I just made the effort to find out what “hyaline” means. And that’s very interesting.

4 Likes

ID Value(text)
TRA_HARV_LANG_17 ARCHIVE RETRIEVAL SERVICE ACTIVE… ACCESS?
TRA_HARV_DESC_17 The outpost is ancient, even by the standards of the Gek. Its environment is specifically calibrated for data preservation.

One log speaks of the time just before the rise of the ‘Gek First Spawn’. The Gek seem to have experienced a fertility crisis. Something in the water began to affect their spawning numbers, leading to an attempts at selective breeding, cloning programmes, and more.

This scientific crisis became a moral one. The self-proclaimed ‘First Spawn’ took power, promising greatness and murdering all those who opposed them. Memories of the past were erased. To be strong was to be righteous.
TRA_HARV_OPT_A_17 Upload to Gek
TRA_HARV_OPT_B_17 Auction data
TRA_HARV_OPT_C_17 Steal technology
TRA_HARV_RES_A_17 I upload the data to the Gek. The traders are astounded by my discovery, having believed themselves to be the descendents of a savage people, not knowing that before the First Spawn they were gentle, capable of nobility and peace.
I am rewarded greatly for what I have done.
TRA_HARV_RES_B_17 I auction the data, finding a buyer in the Korvax. Their Convergence desires all the information it can find about the Gek, having been enslaved by these ‘First Spawn’ many years ago.
They pay me for my assistance.
TRA_HARV_RES_C_17 I steal what little technology I can from the outpost, harvesting nanite clusters from the system.
3 Likes

Well done! That’s a large part of what I was looking for. I think there may be one more - but I’m not certain.

Why do I think this stuff is important to the story?

The thing is, people are assuming that Abyss / Void Mother came from the destruction of Korvax Prime.

But Korvax Prime was destroyed by the Gek First Spawn. And the First Spawn didn’t just happen - they were created.

Before the destruction of Korvax Prime, before the First Spawn ever existed, something in the water interfered with Gek reproduction - and that’s what caused the whole thing. The Gek ceased being gentle and noble, and became violent maurauders.

Long before the Korvax put nanites in the Gek drinking water, someone or something else put something in the water.

If Void Mother / Abyss is a product of the destruction of Korvax Prime, then they didn’t exist at that time.

Which brings us back again to the question -who poisoned the water?

5 Likes

interesting your key TRA_HARV_LANG_17, when currently its DNT_TRA_HARV_LANG_17

However TRA_HARV_DESC_17 remains the same text as I quoted above.
Totally missed reading what the responses provided lol, but this text is current within game.

4 Likes

Agree. I mean the Eggs could have been infected just by nature and not some deliberate force. But I do think there is something else at work. Were the Korvax turned into machines (forcefully)

Again 3 Possibilites…Or are all of them true.

Hypothesis 1: The Korvax were once organic. We gradually / rapidly altered our beings. We uploaded / improved our own minds. This was our choice / was forced upon us.

Hypothesis 2: The Korvax have always been machines. We evolved from the noise of stars / we were created through Atlas imperative. We were once as Sentinels / we learned from Sentinels.

Hypothesis 3: There is no cause, no effect, no time. To impose it is to misunderstand the sadness of the Atlas. We are the dreams of metal.

3 Likes

Ahhh … GLASS GLASS GLASS.

2 Likes

My take on all this has been that:

Due to the Atlas resetting over & over, all the histories have been jumbled.
Memories from thousands of different variations of the universe get left behind, leaving a mass of remnant fragments that don’t quite fit together.
All of the histories are true but happened on different timelines.
We can form a general picture because the simulation repeats but there are variations each time, leading us through a jigsaw puzzle of poorly cut pieces.

The ancient ‘stones’ & ruins, portals, monoliths & even the Anomoly with their dull & decrepit finish, often etched with unknown ‘code’ are all that endure from the earlier iterations.
Memory points in an everchanging universe.

This is further altered by each large update which adds a new layer to ‘our’ existence yet behaves as if it always was this way.

6 Likes

The ‘DNT_’ prefix was added later to indicate ‘foreign’ language. I just copied from old Lore lookup results.

4 Likes

The philosopher John Stuart Mill thought it was best to believe in God, even if the evidence suggested God didn’t exist. His reasoning went something like this:

If you believe in God, and he doesn’t exist, you go nowhere when you die.
If you believe in God, and he does exist, you go to Heaven when you die.

If you don’t believe in God, and he does exist, you go to Hell when you die.
If you don’t believe in God, and he doesn’t exist, you go nowhere when you die.

In Mill’s submission, it doesn’t matter whether God exists or not - you don’t need to know. Only one of these choices has a positive outcome - so that’s the one to go for.

I’m not doing anything as grand as Mill. I’m not looking for God. But I’m applying similar logic.

Either the writers of No Man’s Sky are playing a straight game, and there is a genuine mystery buried in the lore, which we can solve if we find enough clues, or;

The writers of No Man’s Sky are cheating, and have fudged the issues with alternate histories and unreliable evidence, in which case the mystery can never be solved with any satisfaction.

If the mystery can be solved then I’d like to do it.
If the mystery can’t be solved, it’s all a bit pointless - but it was fun trying.

3 Likes

ah, good to know.

2 Likes

Maybe this “seventeenth ???” has something common with those final logs from rogue data:

16/16

The ATLAS witnesses the final sixteen minutes, simulating the future with perfect accuracy.

The walls between worlds fall, each simulation collapsing into the other.

Ten minutes left

The Travellers are no longer separated, no longer kept apart. They stand side by side at the end of days, traversing the remnants of creation, laughing, dying.

Five minutes left

It witnesses its own self, the black hole ripping apart its world, its core systems almost destroyed.

One minute left

And as it watches the moments leading up to its own death, towards completion of sixteen, something happens.

Someone walks towards the ATLAS, a figure in the darkness and in the light. It places its hand against the glass of the ATLAS, and the vision ends.

The ATLAS attempts to see past this moment, but it cannot. It cannot see its own death. It cannot determine who this figure is.

But whatever happens… whatever may occur beyond the sixteen… something will arrive. Something will be there beside it.

At the end of all things, it will no longer be alone.

4 Likes

Or, they’re waiting for us (but not me as I can’t follow most of this) to finish it for them.

5 Likes

I honestly think there’s some truth in that. I don’t believe, when they released the game, that they expected it to last so long - so the story was never intended to be finished. As time went on, they’ve added stuff, and padded it out, and brought various disparate elements together, all in an attempt to make sense of it all. It’s clearly our interest - all of us players - that’s keeping it going.

6 Likes

honestly dont think so. While they have expanded the Lore, and likely didn’t plan to flesh it out as much as they have, I dont think they just pulled it out of their ass either. I think by the time they got to Atlas Rises etc, they probably had an internal bible with the Lore vaguely mapped out. And are just drip feeding pieces of it. Sure maybe plans change or their goals became too big and they changed direction, but I dont feel they will at any point out right contradict themselves.

2 Likes

Exactly. Sean said as much when he mentioned that they had thought a particular large update might be the last.

Then they got inspired and excited by player response. They hired “writers” specifically for added lore.

And here we are. Striving to avoid altering canon can be daunting when embellishing existing lore.

Whatever the reason or it’s outcome, it’s an exhilarating, wild ride.

2 Likes