Datamining (Maximum Spoilers)

Yeah, a software project 10 years in development tends to be… expansive.

7 Likes
5 Likes

Augh! Nostaligia overload, be still my beating heart

6 Likes

I can only imagine what Hello Games’ next big project could be and how crazy of an accomplishment it will be this time

3 Likes

Based on nothing but observation and intuition, it wouldn’t surprise me if it involved procedurally generated speech.

3 Likes

Or generative speech with AI. The only problem with that is it requires tons of computing power, so it would involve always having an internet connection and dedicated cloud servers. Proc gen text is cool, but if it’s like the data pad entries on derelict freighters, it becomes very repetitive and predictable after a while.

3 Likes

You don’t say! :wink:

Actually, I’d rather have a more intelligible exosuit voice. The current one drives me nuts trying to understand what it says.

3 Likes

I always heard “Technology Retard” :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I hear “Units Perceived”

4 Likes

I hear “you suh pretty”

… My ears are vain, I guess.
:joy:

6 Likes

A favourite comment while out driving & we notice some birds flying across up ahead is “UNITS RECIEVED” followed by a quick glance in the rearview mirror to see how much it triggers the teenager in the back seat.
The eyeroll followed by the 100 yard stare out the window almost fools me but the annoyed smirk always betrays their attempt at acting ruffled.
Typically I’m informed I’m an idiot which brings great satisfaction. :rofl:

7 Likes

:rofl: My wife and I admitted to each other recently that very thing pops into our heads when we see a flock a birds now.

8 Likes

But do you stop and stare at rocks and plants?

6 Likes

I do…but then I always have. Not yet blasting them with a mining laser. But if someone makes one that sizzles and cracks the rocks, I am all in.

7 Likes

I had a literal :joy:… (My wife gave me a “look” as she walked by.) Thanks for that mental image.

@Timsup2nothin
… And look for rocks that scamper? :wink:

5 Likes

Any idea what he is referring to?

5 Likes

The new project that they’re working on?

3 Likes

Obviously, but the question is, what leaks is he referring to. I can’t find anything about new leaks. Feels like Ivanova saying “Absolutely nothing happened in Sector 83 by 9 by 12 today”…

7 Likes

Leaks yes. Personally everything I seen suggest more guess work, and wish fulfillment stuff. Now maybe he has seen more credible stuff…
New IP Stuff…Nope, no clue.

4 Likes

I haven’t heard anything of it either. Could be youtuber click bait, but beeblebum doesnt generally do that. At least from what I can remember.

5 Likes