Datamining (Maximum Spoilers)

glad it worked out!

3 Likes

Forgive me obsession, but as a natural born hunter for strong connections between things i must succumb before this urge to inquire.
When Lvl4 Atlas Pass cards were distributed, only G-17 had label the ‘class’ instead of the ‘Waking titan’, that was on every other.
Do you think it can relate in some way to our current “seventeenth” ?
Could it be ‘Golden ticket’ to paradise when simulation ends ? :smiley:

atlas pass

6 Likes

Waking Titan and No Man’s Sky are only loosely connected. They were produced by different companies, using different story lines, for different purposes.

Alice & Smith, the creators of Waking Titan, apparently did originally have an in-game use for the Atlas Passes - but they experienced problems with both printing and distribution. The original printer failed to do the job, so another had to be found. When the passes were eventually created, whole batches went missing in the post - presumably stolen.

The delays and missing items meant that the passes could not be used as intended in Waking Titan, and the idea was dropped.

As far as I know, the Atlas Passes from Waking Titan never had any function in No Man’s Sky, and still don’t.

As an aside, the Atlas Passes in your picture appear to be fakes, privately produced in a PCB manufacturing process.

8 Likes

Those PCB versions are very cool. Mine was the basic G19

6 Likes

As @Polyphemus stated, these will likely never have a purpose. Each Atlas pass had a uniquely generated code on the back that was assigned specifically to the receiver. (We were told to keep it secret)Apparently, they were supposed to serve a purpose. I would like to know what the original purpose was…I never heard.
Here is my Atlas Pass from the ARG

The number/letter sequence on the front translates to something but I can’t remember what.

7 Likes

It spells “phoenix” in ASCII hex. I put mine somewhere safe… wonder where that was? :thinking:

6 Likes

Dude! No Case?

5 Likes

I’d love to have mine 3D printed. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Ah, pirates and their treasures… :laughing:

5 Likes

Sandwich bag :joy: and clipped to my cork board by my desk

5 Likes

get a hard screw case lol…thats just wrong lol

3 Likes

Loosely connected is a relative term in this pair imo.
It may seem so, but there are actually some major connections. For example, the fact that stories of both products revolves around the topic of simulation. Key figure, Atlas is present in both cases.

One could build crazy theories how one simulation could results from another. Or maybe even better, that we live in simulation and those ‘games’ are ressemblances from higher states of existence. Maybe improbable, but possible :smiley:
But I will not develop this topic for obvious reasons.

Atlas Passes in picture probably are fakes, but from what i’ve read, G-17 was the default designation everyone had upon registering.
So still a case for my point :smiley:

3 Likes

This is how it is done baby lol: [Ignore canvas print in background]

8 Likes

Oh, right. Like we would unsee that marvelous artwork. :grin:

5 Likes

8 Likes

Yep. The number we got depended on how we answered one questionnaire.

4 Likes

Of course, none of the links exist any more
Hmmm…but this, we now have a Gek version of in game

5 Likes

6 Likes

Not sure this will interest anyone, but went back to doing some work on the EXE to pull out the various file types etc. Was only half successful before, as I could do it manually easily enough but automatting it was being dumb, turns out it was a simple error causing things to offset addresses. So then I noticed recently NMS Compiler updated to show there python code to pull data…so it was easy enough to fill in my gaps using that as a guide. Here is an excel sheet, work in progress of reading EXE and pulling out known types and enums etc. At some point I need to add all the various extras compiler does to fix issues and find globals etc…but this was more for curiosity sake than anything.

8 Likes

And for curiosity, I opened it. It goes on, and on, and on…

And then I consider that this is not some off-the-shelf product that Hello Games purchased, and populated with their own data. Sean Murray built this himself, from the ground up. Respect.

6 Likes