Datamining (Maximum Spoilers)

It’s a bit iffy at times. Being a Pulse event, you’d need to get lucky triggering it. If it continues to fail, try another system. Not sure if there are any pre-requisites like having been to an outlaw station, having talked to some of the NPCs.

1 Like

In my first pulse towards a station as soon as I booted the game up in my 40hour save, I was receiving a call but didnt answer it and entered the station. When I exited the station and pulsed toward a planet, I received a call again within about 2 seconds and started the quest. Doesnt seem like a time triggered event.

I havent finished any of the main story quests in this save so its not triggered by that either.

4 Likes

Ok I finally got the Rebel Star quest but the hood is not available for my character.
But I do love the cape from the expedition

5 Likes

Wasn’t sure where to put this but since this is the maximum spoilers thread, I figured I would ask here.

Finished the expedition faster than I though I would and now I have questions. Main reason is that some of the text was bugging out on me and I may have missed a few things. I want to make sure I got the story strait… spoiler below for those who finished it too:

So in summary, some pirates named “The Blight” have a treasure. This treasure isnt money/items but its the “tunnel” to another universe. And we, the travellers, find it and enter it to reach a new galaxy and then planted roots by building homes there. Am I missing something?

2 Likes

That sounds about right. This is intriguing because it feels like we are being pulled to the center. The very place where so many of us thought something big would happen if we could just get there. The place where the Atlas resides Of course I have no idea where HG is taking this but for them to move us all in this way seems to allude to something coming… or us going…

2 Likes

What I took from it was that they were alluding to the possibility of a new universe with entirely new procgen assets looking different than Euclid finally… my guess is it would be a more “dangerous” universe since a bunch of pirates were moving in and out of it. Or perhaps its the void and we dont even know it.

2 Likes

So this would be awesome if certain areas are so, that way those who do not wish it can avoid it. I noticed one of the exp patches has removed attacks from peaceful/no coflict galaxies(edit:systems) so this would be right in line with that idea

2 Likes

Did you mean systems? I thought it was just low conflict/peaceful systems. Lol. Either way, it seems more combat/action related content is coming in either entire systems or a different galaxy in the future.

With every update from HG that adds danger or combat, they also add ways to avoid combat to tailor to both gameplay types. For example the new cloak can lose the sentinels very fast in “aggressive sentinel” planets if you want to avoid combat. Sentinel pillars turn off sentinels entirely. Now with the pirate attack additions, they removed pirate attacks in several systems to avoid pirates.

So this trend gives me reason to believe that combat/action gameplay is going to continue being expanded on while considering those who prefer not to engage in combat. Id say HG has done pretty well at protecting those players too. Even from griefers.

3 Likes

I keep hoping that No Man’s Sky will eventually give a way to journey to a different dimension or universe, perhaps one that has differences from the current universe. Of course, that might require double the coding and tech support, so may never happen.

4 Likes

Seems like what they are trying to do, seeing that that is where the story is going.

Shouldn’t be too hard to do seeing that they already have a modular procgen engine that allows them to create, add and remove assets. They would basically just need to create a new set of assets to give to the procgen system and then regenerate the galaxy. The hardest part would be creating a thousand new assets. Lol

3 Likes

My Take is the Blight are taping into the Portals to travel with their ships . Hence the computer equipment attached and the message about Pirates travelling faster than possible. The Portals aren’t a secret…or I didn’t think they were. They are still going through the center to travel between Galaxies. Just maybe they can also choose which universe they want to go to instead of just the next in sequence.

The Universe we went to Paholiang (Universe 90).

So If anything maybe we will get a way to jump between specific Universes. Or remote activate portals with ships to fly them through…

5 Likes

Yea. Portals arent a secret as I believe the NPCs know about them.

I think your right, they may just have figured out how to choose which one to go to. I though the relic-gate in space would be repurposed to travel to a different galaxy at first but the in-game instruction just said to go through the center so maybe having the map in your inventory is what choose Paholiang when going through the center?

3 Likes

While it is possible, I doubt it. The destination would likely just be set by the active mission etc, same as weekend missions and other such things. It would be unlikely to be hard coded to the map being present in inventory. Certainly not impossible. (Haven’t looked into it though)

Boundaries breaking down, now pirates travelling between universes, its certainly building up…

what is the most telling to me is 3.85…it is very odd they didn’t increase the version to 3.9, possible these changes were supposed to be part of 3.8…even more possible that maybe last summer’s 4.0 version was broken up into smaller pieces and maybe the rumors were partially true. This expedition is 6 weeks. SO End of June…I’m thinking one more update End of June and 4.0 September / Late Summer.

5 Likes

I honestly believe that Outlaws wasn’t supposed to be a seperate update, they just couldn’t finish this part of the greater “combat” update in time. They’d planned imporvements to on ground combat in the form of Sentinel updates, and in air and space via pirate updates, and just had to roll with them releasing seperately.

Although, a really interesting things I thought about in the lore is… Isn’t going to the center supposed to be a Simulation reset? Isn’t the galaxy we end up in next supposed to be a brand new simulation? If it is, then Pirates being able to “reset” the simulation just sound worrying. If their “voice of freedom” can empower them to cross the boundaries between simulations, maybe even like travellers where we can build bases and travel between these “simulations”, who knows what else it can do to the simulation at large?

3 Likes

In the main story arch, we travel to the ‘center’ (though we never even get close) for a final visit with the Atlas seeds and are given the choice to reset or birth a new star. The Traveller’s desire is to ‘see them all’ but there is not enough time because a traveller somewhere is always resetting (or technically the Atlas lures the Traveller into resetting?) …Apollo begs us not to reset even though we are not real and everything is just a sim. But, it seems the outlaws have found a way to avoid the reset and free themselves from the constant threat of being erased… (the Anomoly exists ‘between worlds’ and we place Artemis in a sim inside a sim so he can continue to exist) I just finished the main missions on a new save. This seems to fit that part of the Lore. But the Lore has always confused me…In the end, we all live in a world of glass,(behind a monitor) watched over by the crimson eye of the Atlas (the master program)…

3 Likes

The ‘simulation’ has become more & more a ‘multiverse’ where each galaxy is a parallel version of what came before. An inescapable loop of ‘galaxies’ that ultimately leads back to the same point.
‘Black Holes’ are actually worm holes that lead to different points in the same galaxy, yet no real Black Holes seem to exist…except maybe at the centre where you are whisked away into another ‘galaxy’.
Resets are more like being relocated.
All the weird alternate wording messes with my grey matter. :crazy_face:
What is this place!

edit: more

4 Likes

here are some screens to consider as we piece this story together

Summary

the Blight

Under A Rebel Star

The message comes from an abandoned ship drifting is space

That was all the screens I had from Under a Rebel Star so someone may need to fill in the rest. Sometimes looking back at the story helps…kinda

3 Likes

All of mine here, I’m pretty sure I got all of them, I’m super trigger happy on dialogue in this game : P

4 Likes

Is there any active Lore discussion topic currently? I’d love to dump some info and discuss lore in depth here!

3 Likes

Start a new one. I think we need it. :wink:

3 Likes