Datamining (Maximum Spoilers)

Yes, it finally makes sense why the Sentinels attack us when we mine. It’s endless revenge for the murder of Korvax Prime.

1 Like

Video by GeckoGT on the new freighter parts (sorta) in function. ALL CREDIT GOES TO GeckoGT#3289 on discord, I just thought I’d share this here. Also a video of the LAUNCHLOCKER in action, courtesy of Gecko again.

3 Likes

Discord user/modder Lo2k always posts CRC File Changes in the NMS Modding Discord (#mod-resources), in case you’re interested.

2 Likes

So next up will be the Living Frigate speculation? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

thx. Really not a discord user. Besides I can generate my file changes with 1 click, so it’s not much work on my part lol. I just sometimes forget to do it lol

2 Likes

Got bored today, and added feature to the tool I wrote to do a hacky OBJ export of the 3D models in game. I didn’t have time to add a built in viewer but I pasted the OBJ file to an online viewer… seems to be partially working at least.

Here is a couple screen shots of new freighter rooms parts:

**had to hide the round wall portion, missing faces and blocked planter view, similar in style to door frame.

4 Likes

Hopefully the new freighter parts isnt only just base building parts. Considering that combat has improved a little now, im hoping that this means that the derelict freighters get an update too and im hoping that the freighter parts are earned by exploring them again. Exploring those still remains the most fun to me and would love more of it.

Also, im hoping that when you visit npc freighters, that their interiors are proc gen too so that they arent the same standard empty interior. Perhaps the same as derelict freighters but with the lights on and everything in place and NPC’s walking around.

Last but not least, there are doors we still cant enter in the frigates and seats with no one sitting in them. :laughing: come on.

Really hoping(but not expecting) that frigates/freighters/derelict freighters get updated this year but im grateful for any updates at all.

2 Likes

lol todays update updated/added 2 english strings:
UI_EXPED_COMING_SOON
New Expedition Coming Soon

UI_EXPED_AVAILABLE_HINT
%NAME% Expedition available! Time remaining: %TIME%

3 Likes

Also looks like new freighter rooms were removed from catalog and no longer show up as silhouettes in game.

*** looks like the save files still have a section for rocket locker inventory.

So it appears the Rocket Locker for the Freighter is partially based on the exocraft room that was added as there is a model showing a similar 4 sided computer station, there are also stacks of small cases, racks. Not sure if these are alternate states, or place holders. But there are 3 stacks of different crates with various LODs. Since the save files contain a save space for the contents of the rockets /room I think it is fair to say this is still in the pipeline.

2 Likes

Well got most of kinks worked out, finally can now explore the model files. Finally took a look at what the wind turbine model looks like, really can’t wait for some of these.

5 Likes

Seriously. Are there still gun turrets in there?

1 Like

There are actually 2 separate turrets in the game files. One on the freighter, and another listed as utility. The utility one, appears to have a box that would have the turret pop out maybe,or might just be a base

3 Likes

this is the last screen shot I will post of the models, unless new content shows up as most have likely seen all the ones discovered previously, but I find as go through them that some of these assets are just sooooo cool. I really hope we get them, and not just modders making them avail etc.

2 Likes

the only new strings in the update today were what was in the notes on steam:
Though i like the feature

UI_DISABLE_MECH_AI
Disable Minotaur AI

UI_ENABLE_MECH_AI
Enable Minotaur AI

UI_ENABLE_MECH_AI_ERROR
No Minotaur AI Technology Installed

*** Update 3/1/2022
3 reply limit - English Strings added. They seemed to have made some changes to various mission tables, and some new event strings… Maybe to help with expedition 5 issues. Also added added a a REDUX Expedition string place holder…

UI_EXPED_NUM_COMING_SOON
Expedition %NUM% Coming Soon

UI_EXPED_REMIX_NUM_COMING_SOON
Expedition %NUM% Redux Coming Soon

UI_SETTLEMENT_JUDGE_OFFICE_MSG1
Pending settlement business<> requires your attention!NEWLINE!Construct the Overseer’s Office<> to administrate your Settlement

UI_SETTLEMENT_JUDGE_OFFICE_MSG2
Pending settlement business<> requires your attention!NEWLINE!Return to your settlement to construct the Overseer’s Office<>

UI_SETTLEMENT_JUDGE_OFFICE_MSG3
Pending settlement business<> requires your attention!NEWLINE!Use the Space Station Teleporter<> to quickly return to your settlement

UI_SENT_MISS_MSG3_NO_OFFICE_A
An anomalous broadcast<> has reached your settlement!NEWLINE!Construct the Overseer’s Office<> to receive the message!NEWLINE!Select ‘The Settlers’ in the Mission Log (OPTIONS<>)

UI_SENT_MISS_MSG3_NO_OFFICE_B
An anomalous broadcast<> has reached your settlement!NEWLINE!Return to your settlement to receive the message

UI_SENT_MISS_MSG3_NO_OFFICE_C
An anomalous broadcast<> has reached your settlement!NEWLINE!Use the Space Station Teleporter<> to quickly return to your settlement

UI_SENT_MISS3_MSG2_NO_OFFICE_A
Concerned settlers have requested an audience!NEWLINE!Construct the Overseer’s Office<> to hear their request!NEWLINE!Select ‘The Settlers’ in the Mission Log (OPTIONS<>)

UI_SENT_MISS3_MSG2_NO_OFFICE_B
Concerned settlers have requested an audience!NEWLINE!Return to your settlement to hear their request

UI_SENT_MISS3_MSG2_NO_OFFICE_C
Concerned settlers have requested an audience!NEWLINE!Use the Space Station Teleporter<> to quickly return to your settlement

UI_SENT_MISS4_MSG1_NO_OFFICE_A
Your settlers have returned from their Sentinel Facility mission<>!NEWLINE!Construct the Overseer’s Office<> to debrief the away team!NEWLINE!Select ‘The Settlers’ in the Mission Log (OPTIONS<>)

UI_SENT_MISS4_MSG1_NO_OFFICE_B
Your settlers have returned from their Sentinel Facility mission<>!NEWLINE!Return to your settlement to debrief the away team

UI_SENT_MISS4_MSG1_NO_OFFICE_C
Your settlers have returned from their Sentinel Facility mission<>!NEWLINE!Use the Space Station Teleporter<> to quickly return to your settlement

UI_DRONEHIVE_DISABLED_LOCATED
Sentinel Nest Revealed<>!NEWLINE!Raid the nest to steal secrets<> and Multi-Tool technology<>

Also: Files Changed

5 Likes

Example base with all the parts included for viewing. Restore to an empty base computer via the save editor: Freighter_Parts.pb3 - Google Drive

Also! The current Community Mission seems to have been reset 2 hours back, it is now expected to end on April 20th, with the next one starting immediately afterwards and ending on May 1st . Since this is the last Community Mission in game rn, there’s definitely going to be an update on or before April 20th.

4 Likes

I never thought to check to see if the dates were hard set in the table, not a surprise as it always seemed that the timers were artificial…now im gonna have to check these from now on. Unless your pulling this from Memory, from Global Variables etc…

3 Likes

I really like that its hard coded. I know it can still change but it helps me determine when I should request time off work. I usually aim for a video game day about 1-2 weeks after a suspected update drop.

2 Likes

Ok now I am getting curious. I always suspected this was getting set from server side message setting a variable or similar. Unlike the old missions that had start dates in the schedule file. Is this pulling the date directly from memory, or some trickery with a mod? Or I’ve really overlooked something obvious lol …one of these days I really gotta fire up Ghidra though it never liked the Steam Version.

1 Like

Looks like that 20th April date is more evident now! NMS on sale on Steam till the 21st. Other BAFTA nominee games are only on sale till the 11th it looks like.

1 Like

Files Updated:

3 Likes