Datamining (Maximum Spoilers)

I surprised no one has mentioned the 9 new freighter base parts being added…

4 Likes

:dizzy_face: :exploding_head: :face_with_spiral_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: happy day!

yup the silhouttes are showing in game already

the file names are interesting:
IMAGE: TEXTURES/UI/FRONTEND/ICONS/BUILDABLE/LAUNCHLOCKER.DDS
IMAGE: FREIGHTERBASE_ROOM.ROCLOC.DDS
IMAGE: FREIGHTERBASE_ROOM.PLANT.DDS
IMAGE: FREIGHTERBASE_ELEV.F.DDS

2 Likes

Upcoming Rewards

QS

Expedition 5

And yes, some of those expedition rewards are awesome!
Can’t wait to legit earn them :roll_eyes: :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

Looks to be some promising new parts with the rocket/launcher locker likely being the most interesting, having interaction as well. Walkways, elevators, new straight, L, C, T, X parts, sure, bring em on, the freighter deserves more lovin’

4 Likes

its nice to see some more love given to freighter.

I wish we would get more base equipment soon. More electrical items, and things to design. There are still a bunch of unused assets just dying to be introduced. Wind Turbines etc…

3 Likes

Nice to see the alphabet confirmed…if we could just get some more numbers Atlas Pass 5U, Abyss poster, dough gek cake, yum. :yum:

2 Likes

Ooh, looking forward to this expedition. :slight_smile: My anomaly also has a title like Exobiologist or so… it would fit. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finally was able to read all of the datamining text. Most of it is what was just released but there was one part that got me excited. The “Deep Space Lure” that draws the attention of sentient life in space. :open_mouth: coupd just be somethinf we have already seen but it would be cool if it was a space whale.

1 Like

Im looking through the file and I cant see the freighter base parts.

I did notice one new(to me atleast) part when I was building a trade terminal in my frieghter, the trade terminal is redesigned and can be placed anywhere. But im not sure if this is old or new as I havent touched base building in several months.

2 Likes

Not everything is implemented yet when it comes to the new Freighter parts. It requires some additional work to learn more about these, especially with MBINC not having updated just yet.

The Trade Terminal was changed with Frontiers to be context aware. It will therefor change appearance when placed on it’s own instead of snapped to a wall.

2 Likes

Ah I see. I usually try to keep up with all the new items even though I likely wont use them but this one I missed! It looked a lot like the one in my settlement.

1 Like

They are listed in the product table. The silhouettes show up in game already. With one of them having to do with plants its likely coming with expedition 5, and not all the files are present. They don’t have the English string added for them yet, so no descriptions. Sean has caught on lol.

I dont generally use MBIN, so Im not waiting on it to be upgraded I just haven’t had time to see if there are 3d files or any other interesting bits.

2 Likes

The Rocket Locker appears to be very similar to the Nutrient Processor in terms of inventory. Maybe we can ‘cook’ up our own explosives? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

What a weird thing that Rocket Locker. Yes it looks like a Beacon (currently at least), has inventory slots you can stuff, and a launch button, to make it fall over and lose its content :joy:

And yes, I can pick it up to then not be able to do anything with it anymore …

Edit: Items get teleported to Freighter inventory

5 Likes

Is it a firework cannon that shoots my excess loot into space, into my freighter? :thinking:

4 Likes

The elevator seems cool, the RocLoc Room looks familiar, but with a twist. Plant Room also interesting … I’d love to be able to use it all ‘properly’ though

2 Likes

Huh… that sounds like it’s a means of sending stuff to your freighter when it’s far away. You know, you pack all the things into a rocket, launch the rocket and it flies all the stuff to your freighter. I’m not sure how that’s useful when we already have the teleporter thingy, though… Maybe it also delivers things to your base?

2 Likes

Does it also sort it for you into containers that already have those items or does it just throw it into the same container as it does now?

1 Like

For those interested This is the list of added or modified files:

You can see the file name listed (for example) that contains the interactions for Rocket Locker
MODELS\PLANETS\BIOMES\COMMON\BUILDINGS\PARTS\BUILDABLEPARTS\FREIGHTERBASE\ROOMS\ROCKETLOCKER\PARTS\INTERACTION.SCENE.MBIN

I find looking at file names kinda interesting (some I’m sure find it boring) But example the elevator lists animation files, a Crate, Physics…got me curious for sure…hope we don have to wait long.

I personally haven’t examined the individual files…after all some surprises are nice lol… But if they don’t come soon…I’m gonna have to take a peak.

*** This actually maybe the last 2 updates, think I may have forgot to update to file list I use for comparing…not 100% sure.

2 Likes