Datamining(Maximum Spoilers)

Exactly like that, including retro sounds! :joy:

4 Likes

I made a video publicizing your recent finds here. I hope you all don’t mind.

7 Likes
4 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Supposed Leaks - NMS Summer Update (may contain spoilers)

4 Likes

I was concerned when this data started getting shared that the Portal Address for the first planet would get released and we would have douche bags taking advantage, but thankfully I checked the actual address and it from Season 2 as are many of the place holders. The “PartyPlanets” Rendezvous are thankfully not handled the same way.

All these events were defined from the start. Visit Blue/Red/Yellow etc missions are all just templates, same as a mineral or flora. S2MysteryMissions were the only new things added.

Stage 5 Ship Rank… part is about acquiring a ship of a specific rank. The Default Mission Table Entry uses : UI_EXPED_SHIP_RANK_DESC so actual string is : Acquire %CLASS% starship. Also the default condition for this is FREIGHTER. The others are templates, no details. Not encrypted (YET)

Myself I am trying to stay out of the nitty gritty of the expeditions until finalized.

3 Likes

7 Likes

I really dont understand the strategy here. They held off on the internal update release for over 20 days…which only makes sense if the Twitch rumors are true. But if they are doing drops starting 15th why aren’t they alerting people? Surely they would give notice…they did last time.

The internal update suggests something coming soon…but if Twitch is connected to the delay…why not announce it? Unless this update is more than it seems… Dunno any more…only rational explanation is he is just fuking with us.

4 Likes

5 Likes

:rofl: HG has no pattern they follow other than the ones they specify. Such as giving us an update every 2-ish months, a large anniversary update(that never lands on the actual anniversary, and that a single emoji tweet with no context from SM means there is a 99% chance an update is dropping in the next few days.

Oh, and some in-game lore hints to future content at times.

6 Likes

I long ago decided to avoid hyping myself and to just wait for whatever happens.

For me, speculating what might happen when just is not productive.

Of course, on update day, there will be the inevitable posts on “What do you want to see in the next update?” (Facepalm)

5 Likes

See that doesn’t bother me. People have different features in games they enjoy. Not everyone like every update so it’s good to express to Hello Games , so they know what people want. Doesn’t mean they have to give what people want…but it still helps to know.

5 Likes

Yep. I have added several suggestions at Zendesk. I think that’s a better way than just posting a “want list” at Reddit, for example

1 Like

Can’t say I agree.
A want list on reddit generally creates a discussion, where people get to agree or disagree. Plus discussions help breed more ideas that get thought of because of others similar suggestions. You also get to see very quickly if ideas are hated. Which is generally more helpful in my opinion.

3 Likes

Done some datamining for Season 3 of Expeditions, but it appears not quite finished yet and uses the same Universal Address used with Season 2. I assume this to just be a default for now, likely to change. Same with some of the icons/patches defaulting to Season 2. Some Season 3 specific UI/Text has IDs, but not present in the Language files yet.

Season 3

...\METADATA\GAMESTATE\SEASON3.MBIN
SeasonalUAOverride: 00319a00029852b2
UAOverrideValue: Not Yet Defined!
Translates to:
319a029852b2 (glyphs)
System: Pujarmu
0AB1:0081:0184:019A
https://nmsportals.github.io/#319a029852b2

Starting Gear

Suit

• StartingSuitSlots: 32
  • StartingSuitTechSlots: 0
  • StartingSuitCargoSlots: 8

Ship

• ShipClass: Royal
  • Inventory Slots: 19
  • Tech Slots: 4
  • StartWithFreighter: false

Weapon

• Slots: 11

We are planned to start 100u from our damaged ship and most ‘Milestones’ for the 5 stages appear to have been created and give a decent idea of what to expect.

Season 3: Milestones
Stages:
    Stage1:
        Milestones:
            <Property name="Mission" value="BUILD_BASE" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="STORM_SHELTER" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="GOT_BURIED_PROP" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="GOT_MECH" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="STORM_CRYSTALS" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="VISIT_SHOPS" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="LEAVE_PLANET" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="STAGE1" />
    Stage2:
        Milestones:
            <Property name="Mission" value="EXPLORE_CAVE" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="GAS_BASTARDS" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="GOT_FOSSILS" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="GOT_PETS" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="UNDERGROUND_CRE" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="BASIC_SCAN_MIN" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="USE_PORTAL" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="STAGE2" />
    Stage3:
        Milestones:
            <Property name="Mission" value="FIX_WARP" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="PARTY_PLANET3" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="VISIT_LIBRARY" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="GOT_TREASURE" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="STAR_RED" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="STAGE3" />
    Stage4:
        Milestones:
            <Property name="Mission" value="PARTY_PLANET4" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="DISC_PLANET" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="VISIT_UNWFREIGT" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="VISIT_UNW_ABAND" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="EXTREME" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="MINER" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="GOT_CASH" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="STAGE4" />
    Stage5:
        Milestones:
            <Property name="Mission" value="PARTY_PLANET5" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="SHIP_RANK" />
            <Property name="Mission" value="STAGE5" />

I also found some of the requirements for the ‘lookup’ of Party Planet systems:

Party Planets (system details)

SE_PARTY_PLANET1: Yellow, Average, Mining, Swamp
SE_PARTY_PLANET2: Yellow, Average, Mining, Lush, HugeToxic
SE_PARTY_PLANET3: Yellow, Average, Mining, Lush, Bubble
SE_PARTY_PLANET4: Yellow, Average, Mining, Lush, Variant_A (LUSHROOMABIOME)
SE_PARTY_PLANET5: Yellow, Average, Mining, Lush

4 Likes

I wont be shocked if they have reworked a lot of the Milestones, since they are all based on the same missions from the 1st round, with variables changed…they could be thrown together very fast, and are likely what were planned originally for Season 2. Though there is nothing that says they have to.

But wont know till they update. Whenever that is. Though the more this goes on the less likely I feel its focus will be on Expedition 3, but it will be more a side note of hey this is also here. Or activated shortly after whatever the update is…though with Hello Games …who damn well knows lol.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if the latest quicksilver items can be interacted with yet?

I ask because, for example, the Void Egg was a quicksilver item that didnt work as intended untill it was unlocked and an update dropped.

2 Likes

I worked both the weekend mission and a daily mission. Both had me deliver to a trade platform. Both platforms were empty.

I saw a few people on twitter say they think the trade platforms will go away now that we have the celestial archives which are a nice replacement for the platforms.

Edit: apparently both systems were abandoned… :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

While the Celestial / Colossal / Planetary Archives are cooler and all, it’s easier for me to go Fighter shopping on Trading Posts. If the weather is nice, I can hop on top of the structure and see every ship approach for miles, and give everyone a good look / scan. It’s not so easy on the Archives. Plus, we can pinpoint at least one Trading Post from orbit. Maybe scanners will work better in Frontiers… hint, nudge, wink. :yum:

3 Likes

3 Likes