CURRENTLY RECRUITING: A HUB inside the Mercury Subroutine for ETARC

Poll added to main post (quick link: https://forums.etarc.org/t/claiming-a-hub-inside-the-mercury-subroutine-for-etarc/1985?u=slowriot4nuzero)

Please register your vote now :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Oh, I see, cool stuff. Thanks!

I was mainly confused on how to find anything on the gameā€™s map heh, I had never seen these HUB maps before.

(Sorry for the silly questions. :stuck_out_tongue: )

We could maybe name one of the first/main systems/planets after Emily.

Agreed. While the system would be called Edison (well we still havenā€™t voted on that, but eventually), I see each of itā€™s planets bearing names related to the ARG. Emily, Elizabeth, Sophia, Anashel, etc. Mr. Noodles should even get itā€™s own moon if you ask me!

But of course our homeworld will be called after Emily :wink:

EMILY PRIME

3 Likes

Sounds great! And I agree on the ā€œMr. Noodles Moonā€ idea :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™m currently PC on survivor. Waiting to see if the patch will approach the being able to see peoples bases on different difficulties. But Iā€™m currently in the HUB in Euclid.

We wonā€™t be far from the original galactic HUB. Weā€™ll be practically neighbors, but not so close that their expansion would be a nuisance to us (and vice versa).

How come Iā€™m only seeing this thread now? Iā€™m always checking ā€œNewā€ and ā€œUnreadā€ grrrrrā€¦ anyway folks: Iā€™m totally in! (PC, Euclid).

Donā€™t know how Iā€™ll manage between NMS Love that Iā€™m currently in and Etarc, but I must say you guys seem phenomenal and Iā€™d love to take part!

1 Like

Iā€™m in Calypso too, but towards the center. there is suppose to be a hub not far from me and Iā€™m going to try to find it. Iā€™ll keep watch on your progress through Calypso and maybeā€¦who knowsā€¦a hub could be in our future. If portals take us to different dimensions then we can easily join the others.

1 Like

For convenience and readability, I would rather make one poll at a time. Once the recruiting poll will close, I will create a poll for user locations, then the 3rd poll will be to assign project leaders for different galaxies (Euclid, Hilbert & Calypso).

I would recommend closing this poll because otherwise tallying all the votes and creating the sub-poll results will be a nightmare for me.

1 Like

This makes sense, was getting ahead of myself in all the excitement :smiley:

@SlowRiot4NuZero do you want i close https://forums.etarc.org/t/future-etarc-hub-where-are-you/2089/4 ?

Donā€™t worry, still early! First poll still hasnā€™t closed. Weā€™re still in early planning stages, I donā€™t think most of the actual legwork inside NMS will happen for another 2-3 weeks.

1 Like

Huh, I canā€™t vote for some reason :frowning:

1 Like

I removed the poll but it still showing for the moment

Please do. Before you close it, link to this thread. Until we get our own forum subsection in the new CSD forums (looking at you @oldgods !), it would be more convenient if all ETARC HUB discussions are focused in this thread.

Thereā€™s already a vague voting timeline established.

• Phase 1 will be: recruiting, localisation, leader votes (estimated end of Phase 1 - 2017/08/18)
  • Phase 2 will be: location scouting, core system voting, core system naming voting.
  • Phase 3 will be: exploration, setting naming conventions, etc.

A custom ETARC badge for the summer class of 2017 would also be nice, and a pool, and crushed ice for our drinks, just the first if the rest is a problem!

4 Likes

Hmmā€¦ well, I would probably join if the portals somehow allow to travel to dimensions you have previously visited. Iā€™m not really sure Iā€™d want to start over just to be able to join this though. I kinda spent too much time on my current save already. ^^

Otherwise Iā€™ll just be a deep space explorer, roaming from place to place. = )

Donā€™t worry @Shota weā€™re planning 3 hubs : a huge one in Euclid, and smaller ones in both Hilbert and Calypso.

If weā€™re to be ambitious, weā€™d need capital systems in each of the 257 galaxies hue hue hue

2 Likes

Yea, currently in Calypso, but not planning to stay there. Will be in the next galaxy soon. Might stay there for a while, or might not, depending on where I want to look next. :slight_smile:

1 Like