CURRENTLY RECRUITING: A HUB inside the Mercury Subroutine for ETARC

I’m 100% on board! Have been on a journey to the galactic hub for a while (still over a 100 jumps to go😁)
Also it would be great to keep the ETARC name alive.

I’m actually in the Hilbert’s Hub area but i kept my base roughly in the middle between Hub and the center. Where are you ?

I’m in Calypso, about 109,000 LY from center. Should I began a Etarc Hub here? This has all been too much fun! I truly look forward to many new adventures!!

Later today I will try to compile a list of everyone who wishes to become involved.

We will need to assign project leaders for:

• Euclid (PS4)
  • Euclid (PC)
  • Hilbert (PS4)
  • Hilbert (PC)

Proposed timeline:

PHASE 01
NOW: Recruitment phase (VOTING NOW)
NOW: Determine wether the hub is for ETARC or CSD
NOW: Localise all participants within Euclid, Hilbert, Calypso, etc
NOW: Assign project leaders for different platforms and galaxies
NOW: Try to establish a section of the forums dedicated to the ETARC / CSD hub with forum mods like @oldgods

PHASE 01.1
NOW: Recruit and create the CSD / ETARC Frontier Division for galactic nomads who can’t stay put but still want to explore and document in the name of our community (will be a separate subject)

PHASE 02
WHEN 1.3 SHIPS: Location scouting for ETARC capital systems in Euclid & Hilbert, determination of the size of the ETARC EUCLID HUB (will be one entire region of the NMS universe - TBD)
WHEN 1.3 SHIPS: Voting on Capital System
WHEN 1.3 SHIPS: Voting on Capital System’s name

PHASE 03
THEN: Explore the CSD HUB
THEN: Establish naming conventions for discoveries
THEN: Catalogue fauna, flora, and ressources of the HUB systems

PHASE 04
THEN: Expansion, world domination, etc.

4 Likes

:thinking: I should be ashamed… No idea!
I haven’t mastered hex addresses yet.
Somewhere at 97000 ly from center I think.

Nice strategy, however, my new base will be in another Galaxy than the current, so I’ll need to dismantle before moving to the next. Additionally, as I mentioned, most of my base is only iron, and I don’t care overly much for it, so I’ll just let that get automatically deleted. (Plenty of that on any new base location anyway) :slight_smile:

Thanks for the advice though, it’s certainly valid when moving around to a base within the same galaxy. ^^

1 Like

If this forum is to become the hub for all CSD spread far and wide, then I think we should represent ETARC as a group within the CSD and identify as such, so we know where we came from

10 Likes

@William Easiest way is to use the PILGRIM STAR PATH

You build the needed facility where you are to see your Hex adress and c/p in it.

We have the time to think about, we need to know what the 1.3 will give us more to travel.

2 Likes

Good point, I like that! Just so we’re on the same page: we should reserve an entire region for CSD, but have the capital systems be flagged as ETARC? Everyone from ETARC could get systems close to each other and we’d all be neighbors, then we share the rest with other CSD members? Or you’Re talking strictly about the forum here?

1 Like

Hmmm. The name is a tough decision. I want to hold on to our old identity but ‘Citizen Science Directorate’ has a nice ring to it.

In the event we do decide to embrace our new CSD branding, may I then suggest that we name our capitol system/planet after ETARC? No need o discard it entirely.

Edit: Oh, looks like you beat me to that idea :laughing:.

1 Like

Half way through my jumps to the galactic hub need to re-up on supplies

Yay! My Spacing Guild is on the map! (Our corporate office is located in the Galactic Hub area).

1 Like

Sounds good !

We at the Spacing Guild always planned to vote on what new direction to take when the update hit. I will nominate joining the CSD Hub in some capacity, but it will be up to our members to decide since we are a democratic group.

4 Likes

I’m in. I just set up a steam community account. I also downloaded No Man’s Connect. I am in Euclid on PC

I vote for naming our capital system “Edison”. :smile:

It would be fitting if one of the planets in the capitol was named after Mr.Noodles?

2 Likes

I love it! Even though i’m more of a Tesla fanboy (if you catch my drift)

3 Likes

I love this idea!

Count me in for the Euclid PS4 crew.
Graphics are my trade, so hit me up for branding. I’d be happy to make flags for all of our Hub planets…

Am about 35k from center in Euclid, coming in between the Delta and Beta Quadrants. My target had been the Deep Thought Collective, but I’ll reroute to the CSD/ETARC Hub for sure.

1 Like

That’s sick! Care to share some of your work with us? On branding, It’d be cool if we could print ourselves some official ETARC merch. I’ve been longing for a plain black t-shirt with a white ETARC logo pocketprint :wink: Or an enamel pin… I’d wear them proudly.

No shame in that. I will personally be deserting my long standing home of the Galactic Hub in order to create the CSD / ETARC hub.

3 Likes