CURRENTLY RECRUITING: A HUB inside the Mercury Subroutine for ETARC

We need to figure out away of voting, to much uncertainty with polls, the drafting of the poll leaves little room for other suggestions and you wonder is that everyone. 10 out of 170 from op, I’d call that a sample pool.

Just to get an idea of who is still with us, is watching, and is ready to vote.

Roll call,

• I am here!
  • I have been, watching this thread.
  • I am ready to vote.

0 voters

I will be adding a CSD/CSFD to all of my planet endings. I can go either way with the system itself. If I’m exploring for the Frontiers Division, then we should have that option to identify as such (and I plan on it). We need some flexibility for that or it becomes less fun and more worry that our names won’t conform. A little flexibility I think is fine (and good). It is all about exploration and having fun right? It is a game!

1 Like

The label being discussed would apply to stars only. This also wouldn’t limit what you can call the system, as long as the agreed upon title is there. I think we should leave planet naming up to individuals as well. People want to do a lot of different things with planet names, so let’s leave that open.

1 Like

@Wyo @Xion4012
I agree. Leave it kind of open.
In the HUBs it may be very beneficial to be more precise and following an agreed upon protocol (or a few accepted protocols) but out in the big wide galaxies it’s important we have our own distinctive preferences.
Same with the proposed logo(s). I’ll put in my 2 cents but really I’m not that fussy.

I’m actually already using ECSD but not fanatically…Systems mainly.
Sometimes I do, other times not. Often, I want a creative planet name so don’t add anything to planets.
I prefer it at the end so that’s where I put it.
If anyone stumbles across it they will either recognise the origin of the CSD member who found it or they won’t. Not that important in the big scheme of things. It’s a massive space so there is plenty of room for everyones ideas.

I just like throwing in some suggestions but I’m in it for fun and enjoyment so self enforcing rules or expecting others to oblige isn’t a high priority to me.
I look forward to one day cruising into a hub and checking out others finds. Apart from black hole discoveries I’m yet to find a single system found or inhabited by another player.

2 Likes

Haven’t seen anyone yet, either. Got all excited, one day when i was in the galactic map, i heard a beep and a system next to me said contact. I raced over there and nothing, I think it was just me, I had just been over there previously.

Here is a unofficial vote on tagging.

• Flexible
    • Smart (this would be strict, too because of its nature)
    • Strict
    • Flexible with subjection from leadership
    • Other, see my comment.

0 voters

It should read “Flexible with suggestions from leadership.”

I’m coming to the conclusion that the original division we called CSDI has become Etarc Hub and that the CSD should be a hub less enterprise. The CSD should cross multiple hubs and kind of does. Even the CSFD should reach out to other hubs to join/start a chapter in there hub. The more help getting to the center the better.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Inserting link to join old and new conversations.

1 Like