Citizen Scientists Division - Needs Collaborative User-designed Logo!

I am not the Owner of the Thread. I’ve received several PMs about this thread. You’re not “hijacking” this thread by creating great logos that include ETARC in them.

I merely opened the door for great and artistic minds to come in and create something new and exciting. I don’t own the building/space, I merely unlocked the door! -)

No need to create competitive threads on the same subject…that just destroys mutual creativity. And creates a rift amongst the community.

So I propose: Often organizations have several logos under their “umbrella”, each representing a Division/Section. While the ETARC, being the Parent, can keep their designated logo…other logos can be nested below it. A CSD logo that resides within the ETARC organization will work great too! -)

You must remember that there are even different classification for the Citizen Scientists. Perhaps they each need a sub-division designator logo as well?

TQQdles™

8 Likes

Just me messing around with a CSD logo. Some influences from the Waking Titan ‘Cube/Hexagon’, ‘Sigils’, and somewhat trying to resemble the ‘Monument’ you can create as players. Feel free to let me know what you think, nothing final. Here are some variations:

2 Likes

I suggest avoiding animated images, as the flashing can trigger epileptic seizures in some folks.

I like the overall look but suggest replacing a lot of the white with color. White on a white background is less attractive. Just to convey the concept… [I’m no artist]
Citizen-Sci-Frontier-Div-logo

9 Likes

Anybody prone to epileptic seizures better get a small logo warning and stay the bzzk away from NMS… For their own good. Just saying.

I think any of those would look nice on a flag. :grinning:

Even non-players may check out text and images online. Better to be “kind” to all.

Cheers to more color @Clemm! Its a colorful world out there in the sim.

The initial exercise was to create a logo that was evocative of the current ETARC vibe, hence all the white. It felt like I was taking too many liberties even adding in the blue! Seeing as this is the CSD (Frontiers Division at that), I say my hesitancy for color is unnecessary. Looking good!

A thought occurred to me when I saw the vibrant colors you added- we were given a bunch of RGB values in one of the surveys in Waking Titan. It would be great to incorporate those hues into our mark! I’ll have to do some more experimenting… :man_scientist:

@DevilinPixy You mad genius! I JUST started working on some hexagonal marks for the CSD- its the perfect shape for us really! Psyched to see you going in the same direction. Great idea with the Players Monument symbol, really fits the community vibe. Keep 'em coming!

3 Likes

Hey, @chelofellow , would you be willing to share your Portal Glyph vector images with the rest of us? I’m working on a couple of Portal-based guides and the individual vectored Glyphs would be EXTREMELY beneficial to that project. Thanks, in advance, for the help!

1 Like

Hey there @M1STER_GR1M, I most certainly will share!

Let’s see if this forum supports AI files…
“Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif).”

Well crap. I’ll try sending the file along in a message to you now.
EDIT- messages use the same infrastructure it would seem, as I am hitting the same message when I try to attach the file.

Any ideas?

TQQdles™

@Dolnor Brilliant!

The link below will take you to a 1MB AI file called “NMS_Glyph-decoder.ai”
https://send.firefox.com/download/bdb715e0e2/#801UKpcOjM8Ph32YdGk8Kw

Enjoy!

You can upload them to your Google Drive and share the link, perhaps?

1 Like

I’m overjoyed that at least I didn’t get told I was “Section 8

1 Like

Can you resend the link? The link has expired on my end

1 Like

Is this thread still relevant or has the community decided on a logo?

2 Likes

It sort of went quiet…
Whatever the masses want is fine with me.
We just need to speed up the decision making process…

2 Likes

Yes, to relevant. No, I think to decisions on logos. I have been using a temporary logo for ETARC HUB and their CSFD, but I would like the community to decide, and to see more options. I would like ETARC HUB to figure out Our logo before the CSFD does theirs. Please instigate this. :grin: or get @Oshoryu, @Xion4012, or @SlowRiot4NuZero, to startup when they finish their current tasks they’ve given themselves.

I have thought this too, but i scratch my head to how. Any ideas? (should we take this up in another thread?)

1 Like

Maybe CSFD just needs to forge ahead!

1 Like

Once the names are decided and agreed upon, the logos/badges that were designed previously can be updated. Not long to wait now :grin: