Calling on all CSD members! Can't submit a radio piece for Alexander, but want to contribute to the 'auditory memory collage'? HERE'S HOW

I appreciate your faith in the essential goodness of human nature.

But I spent 30 years dealing with major accident and disaster planning, and investigation.

Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

4 Likes

It is never a bad idea to have a Plan B. :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s gone 1.00 a.m. here, Monday morning. I’m going to send out one more call, wait half an hour, then I’m going to bed.

@hilightnotes, please come and talk. There are some serious issues we need to deal with. It looks likely that the task will fail if we don’t sort out some problems.

Please come and talk.

Try PM ing him. He should get an email notification that way…

PM notifications are notoriously unreliable at the moment. They can arrive 3 or 4 hours late, if they arrive at all. But OK, I’ll try.

Whoo… OK, I tried to PM him. This is what I sent:

And when I tried to send it, this is what I got back:

Now it may be a bug, or a glitch. But it looks like the guy no longer has a CSD account.

1 Like

Wow. I,get weird stuff like that but, never exactly that. :grimacing: You have formulated a plan B right?

Not entirely. @DevilinPixy and I kicked around some ideas. We’ll get something to work tomorrow.

I have all the files stored locally - I grabbed everything people posted, not only from Clyp,it and the Google drive, but a couple of other sources as well.

We’ll find a way.

1 Like

Cool. Get some sleep! :sleeping:

Yes Miss.

Short explanation - in English schools, female teachers are always called “Miss” regardless of their marital status.

It’s not a big deal nowadays, but back in the '50s and 60’s it was important. And it was weird when “Miss Brown” turned out to have four kids.

3 Likes

It’s better than ma’am

1 Like

He’s posting on discord now, seems to be a night owl.

1 Like

Well, as I said, it seems he no longer has a CSD account.

At least, my PM failed to reach a valid user.

1 Like

I think you may have done something unexpected when trying to send a private message. Make sure to complete the username properly, as it appears to not be the case when looking at the screenshot further up. The username shows correctly, but It looks like it has not been accepted internally yet. It should show with a ‘cross’ after it, to allow removing the username again if done correctly.
When clicking on someone’s username to then select message, it should be already filled in correctly. When manually starting a message, make sure to hit tab after partially filling out the username with the correct one selected, to have it completed correctly.
I am able to reproduce the issue, when typing the @<name> fully myself, to then click with my mouse in the message part, type up a message and try to send.

Make sure to select said user when it pops up a preview/suggestion (click or tab). See image below.

Correctly if clicked on or tabbed when highlighted
Capture%202

Correctly selected

1 Like

Honestly, I know you’re trying to help, but that might just as well have been written in Martian.

I’ve got his user name right, but I’ve also got it wrong?

OK, I accept that the system has some peculiarities - but how is a user supposed to know?

Again, not something you have done, but something you’re trying hard to help me with -but honestly. It’s 2.15 on Monday morning, and I have things to do tomorrow.

If you feel like staying awake for a while, you could maybe talk to the guy, and find out what’s happening.

Me, I’m going to bed now.

Good night everybody.

3 Likes

I left him a message on the Discord
Sleep well … Tomorrow will be another day.

1 Like

He just replied here: Patient Intervention Thread - Alexander - #570 by hilightnotes

Don’t you guys mean today…cause it already is for you…:rofl:

Hi all!

I am sorry I was not available to respond during the day - and I forget that my idea of evening is different than most people’s :sweat_smile:

Everything is in order, I believe I have a copy of every single file submitted so far, both ‘real’ and 'fake.

Yep as DarthTrethon said above, I have just posted an update message in the Patient Intervention Thread, please give that a read if you would like :slightly_smiling_face:

I am still missing ‘real’ submissions of 3 of the songs as detailed there. Not a reason to panic, I can make it all work with what I have, but if anyone is up for the task of calling into a real radio station with one or all of those songs, please submit!

My goal is to have a complete, submittable version tonight, so there is no last minute panic. However, tomorrow I will see if any last minute submissions have been provided and work to incorporate those.

8 Likes

All in good hands, sounds great! Thank you for the work you put in.

5 Likes