Building 101

This is my first building with the new(er) materials. In this case it is stone. The wall panels are very magical. I have one though that is defective. I’ve tried placing it from many different angles and have even added temporary walls at right angle to encourage the correct surface - with no luck.

Here it is. Any suggestions?

4 Likes

The wall style can be dependant on how many pieces are connected vertically. Maybe try putting a small wall underneath either that one or the one next to it.

3 Likes

Yeah. The walls change depending on what is above or below them. I found that placing two stacked low walls between them will keep them from changing styles.
Another thing to note, if you change the color of any item, that is what color your walls will be unless you go out of build first. And the color affects on the walls can be a bit surprising. And, there is no way to change the wall color back to its original neutral color. You must delete and replace.
Even with all that said, you still sometimes get a strange change that seems to have no cause

5 Likes

Yeah might be more to do with a colour glitch, the window changes orientation when stacked differently.

3 Likes

There are a number of issues with the walls thst are quite frustrating. Overall though, I love the new looks. If they would just eliminate the automatic style change, that would help a lot.

4 Likes

@dersvr, @sheralmyst
I tried adding walls underneath the area without success and realized that I had a sloping stone panel capping a stairs that wouldn’t be touching but still adjacent on the floor below. Removed that and then I could get the outside wall to work.

I guess the vacuum cleaner can go there.

Thank you both!

5 Likes