BEYOND Artwork: Clues?

That would be interesting. Set the location, ready your ship and fly through, emerging from one of those boundry failures. After grabbing some Sentinel nuggets of course. Right @sheralmyst? :laughing:

6 Likes

I am concerned about the “walkway” looking area. It looks to be disconnected as if it may be unreachable. I would like to think you could walk around the entire area but it looks as though you cannot.

8 Likes

I have no idea what that area new area is but I am just so excited by the idea of something/somewhere new to explore. I also love that it’s obviously somewhere of significant enough size that you can fly your ship in/out. It’s also exciting as it looks like something very new/not an enhancement of something currently in game.

5 Likes

I totally agree. I think Sean & Co. got a bit traumatized with the No Man’s Sky launch and all the hate. I rather prefer they not saying anything before they are sure they can deliver.
#logicprocess

8 Likes

We finally have our big bad, the disembodied head of the burger King guy. Such malice in the eyes behind his shark smile. Floating ominously. Staring. Judging. Always with that damned smile!

I guess HG killed two birds, found alternative funding via in game advertisements and their “big bad” , Corporate greeeeed. :joy:

6 Likes

It could have been worse. We might have had to spend infinity with Ronald McDonald.

8 Likes

It is an Abyss station as opposed to an Atlas Station!

Really though I think hub as well, but I don’t know about the boundary failures being the means of entry - they are only on specific planets right now. I figured there would just be another filter in our teleport list.

2 Likes

I am still thinking, or hoping, that multi-player will be a seperate option in the starting menu, similar to what we have now but better.
I do believe it is a Boundary Failure ring. It fits the Lore. If we choose multi-play from the menu, that could negate the need to actually find a ring and fly through it to reach the Hub.
Interesting point, I heard someone state, in a slightly negative preview, that true multi-player would require some sort of way to connect to Hubs that does not exists in game right now. That made me think of the Galactic Map. Perhaps this will be utilized in a more meaningful way for multi-player.

3 Likes

If they’re transit points to other galaxies, you wouldn’t need many. In fact, it would make the game more interesting if they were rare, and hard to find.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t mind if it was this fictional Ronald Mcdonald, I mean, still a horrible person, but better than a corporate clown!

4 Likes

I think it would make a lot of sense if the structure were related to the Boundary Failures actually. Because in the lore, the “boundary” is a protocol which separates instances of the universes that each Traveller resides in; multiplayer is only as a result of these universes gradually coalescing. In theory, if it were to completely fail, we would all exist in the same universe, and the current sessions system wouldn’t be necessary. Unfortunately, I don’t think that’s feasible unless Hello Games decided to create a new game mode which hosts everything on a dedicated server. :thinking:

3 Likes