BEYOND Artwork: Clues?

I 300% support this idea.

4 Likes

The edited artwork was most likely made in reference to this:

Five minutes left
It witnesses its own self, the black hole ripping apart its world, its core systems almost destroyed.

The character is crimson after all. Can’t see why else. :wink:

5 Likes

I’m, not eager to see an increased hostile forces level that affects everyone. Increasing “fighting” will only discourage explorer types. Added faction impact could fit the storyline well, including faction-related fleet and smaller grouping starship battles. That was something alluded to pre-launch and may well still be on the Hello Games “To Do” list. Sean even referred to repair type ships that could fix damage to fleet ships (or your own?).

2 Likes

I love the idea of recruiting NPC allies that come with you on missions. We’ve actually already got NPCs that we’ve technically recruited but there’s really no work in that process and our current NPC workers are static like all other NPCs. It would be amazing to be running along on a planet’s surface and have a small group of NPCs running with you. It’d give us single players some of the feel of a multi-player experience.

3 Likes

I wouldnt look too much into what’s been reflected in visor, as its not a literal reflection, more a figurative one. The background represents where you start (hostile planet) and the reflection on the visor in the foreground represents where you’re going (in search of answers with others on the same journey).

Out of all the box art so far I think it represents no mans sky the best in terms of its current state and does a good job of not giving away anything of what we might expect from content in BEYOND.

4 Likes

Also, remember,

the Alpha Gek are just outside the Rim, rebuilding, waiting for the right time to take back what is their’s

5 Likes

I have to admit, A first spawn galactic invasion slowly pushing in from the rim, and the player having to find a clue on how to stop them by digging through a ton of new lore would make for an awesome conflict scenario.

3 Likes

A did hear one good point, since you can see the 4 players and the 5th one as well, it means no more limit to 4 visible players…your friends will not have to be orbs. Of course, there is still no word on just how large a multi-player group can be.

2 Likes

The 30 second “Beyond” video contains a short, blurred, image of some sort of launch facility or space station that I haven’t seen before.

The VR demo videos contain new cabin/controls detail.

Apart from those two, I’ve seen absolutely nothing that isn’t in the game already - and I’ve been looking hard.

You can’t rely on the box art. It’s an artist’s impression - a drawing. It’s not taken from in-game footage.

It seems it’s part three of the Beyond update that will introduce any changes to the game itself. And it doesn’t look like part three has been implemented yet. Not even for the promotional material.

I think we’ll just have to wait.

4 Likes

don’t wear our those eyes!!! Ya won’t be able to see EMILY!!!

:beer::sunglasses:

6 Likes

The crimson traveler IS Emily… she’s been watching the whole time.

3 Likes

I cleaned up the launch facility a little.
(You can click on it to make it bigger)

9 Likes

May of been said but this feels very much like a hub zone, with perhaps a ship sized portal, as mentioned by others, to travel back and forth to other universes. The video depicts a spinning mechanism on it similar to the portals yet I see no glyphs. Whenever we are in a space station rarely is it ever overexposed with light as seen in the image. There also seems to be weird energy pylons(starcraft nostalgia) a short one and taller one with some sort of statue or something. Almost like a merging of a space station with the Atlas station. Very excited for this update but NEED to know what the 3rd part is!

6 Likes

Maybe it is because I have been shopping lately, but it feels like a mall with signs for stores and places to eat, :smile:
That would be awesome though, combine a hub with a Space Station.

6 Likes

I agree. In the video, it looks very much like a portal. If so, and you have to be in your ship to pass through it, then presumably there’s a console to set the glyphs elsewhere.

Through past bad experience, Hello Games have now adopted a position where they don’t give information until they’re absolutely sure they can deliver. On that basis, I think we can assume that this video comes from the multiplayer section of the upgrade, and that that section is more or less finished.

Similarly, I think we can assume that the VR section is pretty much finished - because they’re happy for people to see it.

And the reason we haven’t seen the third part yet is because it’s not finished. And HG really don’t want to tease stuff that they can’t guarantee will make it into the game.

7 Likes

It looks more like one of those boundary failure rings, IMHO.

7 Likes

Well, we’ve been waiting for a purpose for those for a long time. And we know you can fly ships through them. And they’re associated with a breakdown of the barriers between iterations / realities.

So, yes, That would work. It’s entirely possible.

8 Likes

I love the idea. You activate an ancient, powerful mechanism. Arcane energies are released. The fabric of time and space is distorted to the point where realities are broken. You pass through a gaping rip in existence itself - and what you find is Burger King.

9 Likes

what you find is Burger King.

…with sentinel shaped chicken nuggets, :grinning:

7 Likes

The partitions in that room remind me of the baffling used in fuel tanks. There is an existing idea to use the spent fuel tanks of rockets as habitats once they are spent and are in space. They are probably just there to look cool though.

It almost looks like there is a mist across the floor. It could be liquid. What could that be?

6 Likes