NMS Inspired Artwork

Hi everyone :slight_smile: I’m back, just wanted to share some sketches of antagonists I’ve been doing for college. Tell me what ye think about them.

19 Likes

Very nice. :smiley:

7 Likes

Nice work.
Particularly like the large? bipedal thingy in the lower left corner. :+1:

7 Likes

@Simran_Dhillon Nice clean work! I love the variation in linework and the way you have used the ground as a mid tone, but especially the light effects --both the soft glowy bits and the hard gleams on metal or ceramic/glass.

Were these done digitally?

Fascinating creatures. :heart:

6 Likes

@Simran_Dhillon: I have turned your reply into a topic of its own, replies included. Feel free to adjust the title as you please.

Beautiful concept art!

4 Likes

Thank you :relaxed:

4 Likes

Not sure if you’ve encountered corrupt sentinels before. Thought they might be food for thought.

Here’s one.

11 Likes

corrupted by what?

4 Likes

Someone with lore knowledge will have to answer that. I just like to explore.

4 Likes

Emily of course :laughing:

6 Likes

how could I have forgotten? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Not sure how this ended up in the artwork thread…anyway…notice the bits highlighted here

It appears that these sentinels have broken away from something. Something larger maybe? Would be nice to have some Lore about these but I am not sure any exists.

7 Likes

The bit closest to the arrow is actually some sort of fluid dripping out.

5 Likes

Could corrupted sentinels be related to the biological horror infestations that infect buildings?

Looking to the future of NMS, I could see infected systems being introduced in future versions (which could be the villain that I have asked for…)

5 Likes

That’s pugneum .

4 Likes

I did find this:

“It is possible that those are the rogue sentinels which annihilated all life in their respective multiverses and had to be deleted by the Atlas Protection Program ‘Telamon’ in return. It is likely Telamon used some sentinels to fight the corrupted ones, before giving the order to wipe the universe clean. Similar behaviour can be seen in No Man’s Sky, as some branches of sentinels are overly aggressive, although for now only to foreigners, especially the player who is accompanied by the Telamon AI as their guide.”

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure they are the ones who lost the sentinel civil war, but we don’t really know much about that. Would definitely welcome a lore extension regarding that.

7 Likes

Very cool, I have heard silhouettes are hard to get right. Looks great to me. Definitely reminds me of no Man’s sky corrupted sentinels. More corrupted units please HG, like the walkers.

2 Likes

Hi again everyone, thanks for the previous feedback :relaxed:, I’ve made some protagonist designs this time but I need to pick a particular one or even combine a few together to create one animation. Can ye give me a bit of help on this. Thanks

13 Likes

I would like to see the bottom right guy fit into/onto the top right 4-legged beastie. :sunglasses:

6 Likes